PDA

View Full Version : My Cat Is A Genius...

AR[_2_]
December 18th 07, 07:47 PM
Well, I know that most parents think there children are...LOL! I
opened up our apartment door to get the mail, and of course my cat
made a break for it as he loves going out. My neighbor was there and
we got to talking and there was my cat up on his hind legs, swiping at
the doorknob to the outside door with his paw, trying to open it. I
had no idea cats are this smart, or is mine an Einstein? He figured
hey, you're not going to open the door--I will try and open it myself.
Amazing...LOL!

dgk
December 19th 07, 01:35 PM
On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:47:17 -0800 (PST), AR >
wrote:

>Well, I know that most parents think there children are...LOL! I
>opened up our apartment door to get the mail, and of course my cat
>made a break for it as he loves going out. My neighbor was there and
>we got to talking and there was my cat up on his hind legs, swiping at
>the doorknob to the outside door with his paw, trying to open it. I
>had no idea cats are this smart, or is mine an Einstein? He figured
>hey, you're not going to open the door--I will try and open it myself.
>Amazing...LOL!

One cat (Espy) realizes that he can't open the door to the backyard by
himself, but he checks every so often to see if something has changed.
He knows that I do something and the door opens. I think that he knows
what to do, he just doesn't have the strength. Even if he could turn
the knob, that door is tough to pull open.

My other two cats have not made the connection between turning the
knob and opening the door.

-Lost
December 19th 07, 05:13 PM
Response to AR >:

> Well, I know that most parents think there children are...LOL! I
> opened up our apartment door to get the mail, and of course my cat
> made a break for it as he loves going out. My neighbor was there
> and we got to talking and there was my cat up on his hind legs,
> swiping at the doorknob to the outside door with his paw, trying
> to open it. I had no idea cats are this smart, or is mine an
> Einstein? He figured hey, you're not going to open the door--I
> will try and open it myself. Amazing...LOL!

Gabby does some really peculiar things sometimes that make me think
he has to have some concept about how they work...

....he likes to stand on one of our servers which is located by the
front door and he paws at the door knob, the deadbolt, or where the
door meets the door frame. I think it's because he sees us use that
"area" to make the big wooden thingie move which exposes smells and
"stuff." *wink*

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

dgk
December 20th 07, 01:40 PM
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:13:00 -0600, "-Lost"
> wrote:

>Response to AR >:
>
>> Well, I know that most parents think there children are...LOL! I
>> opened up our apartment door to get the mail, and of course my cat
>> made a break for it as he loves going out. My neighbor was there
>> and we got to talking and there was my cat up on his hind legs,
>> swiping at the doorknob to the outside door with his paw, trying
>> to open it. I had no idea cats are this smart, or is mine an
>> Einstein? He figured hey, you're not going to open the door--I
>> will try and open it myself. Amazing...LOL!
>
>Gabby does some really peculiar things sometimes that make me think
>he has to have some concept about how they work...
>
>...he likes to stand on one of our servers which is located by the
>front door and he paws at the door knob, the deadbolt, or where the
>door meets the door frame. I think it's because he sees us use that
>"area" to make the big wooden thingie move which exposes smells and
>"stuff." *wink*

Yes, that's what Espy does. He climbs on the stove, which is next to
the door. Then he tries to turn the door knob. We have to keep an eye
on him after we're done cooking so he doesn't end up trying to stand
on a hot burner.

December 20th 07, 09:46 PM
On Dec 18, 2:47 pm, AR > wrote:
> Well, I know that most parents think there children are...LOL! I
> opened up our apartment door to get the mail, and of course my cat
> made a break for it as he loves going out. My neighbor was there and
> we got to talking and there was my cat up on his hind legs, swiping at
> the doorknob to the outside door with his paw, trying to open it. I
> had no idea cats are this smart, or is mine an Einstein? He figured
> hey, you're not going to open the door--I will try and open it myself.
> Amazing...LOL!

My very smart cat loved to flush the toilet so she could watch the
water swirl and go down the drain. She would cup her paws on the seat,
reach up to the handle and pull. She could never figure out, though,
that she had to wait for the tank to fill before it would flush again.

AR[_2_]
December 22nd 07, 12:40 AM
On Dec 20, 4:46 pm, wrote:
> On Dec 18, 2:47 pm, AR > wrote:
>
> > Well, I know that most parents think there children are...LOL! I
> > opened up our apartment door to get the mail, and of course my cat
> > made a break for it as he loves going out. My neighbor was there and
> > we got to talking and there was my cat up on his hind legs, swiping at
> > the doorknob to the outside door with his paw, trying to open it. I
> > had no idea cats are this smart, or is mine an Einstein? He figured
> > hey, you're not going to open the door--I will try and open it myself.
> > Amazing...LOL!
>
> My very smart cat loved to flush the toilet so she could watch the
> water swirl and go down the drain. She would cup her paws on the seat,
> reach up to the handle and pull. She could never figure out, though,
> that she had to wait for the tank to fill before it would flush again.

Oh that's too funny!!! If only you could teach her to do her business
before flushing, there would be no more little box mess for you...LOL!