PDA

View Full Version : Icarus Is Home

Cat Protector
December 28th 07, 02:13 AM
For all who have been reading, Icarus is finally home as the vet finally
released him today. He'll have to remain in the bathroom for a few days as
he still has blood in his urine. The vet says it will be messy so a mop and
bucket will constanly be standing by. The vet prescribed some Prednisone
(for inflammation) and Amoxicillin (anti-biotic). He's also going to have to
be on the Science Diet canned and dry food diet for at least a month. Icarus
will be closely watched because the vet says there is moderate possibility
he could get plugged up again.

Isis and Jade are happy to have Icarus home. Isis even went up to the
carrier while I cleaned out the bathroom and gave him his own litterbox,
food, toys, etc. I even let them try his new diet and they both ate a little
of the canned. The vet at Four Peaks did an excellent job with him and I
can't possibly thank them enough for saving him. Icarus hated being there
and wouldn't eat when he was there and they had to force feed him. They also
had to use a syringe to give him water as well. If any of you happen to live
in the Phoenix area, then I highly recommend Four Peaks. Dr. Pruitt cares
alot about his patients and works hard to give them the best medical care
possible.

It's so great to have Icarus home now and I'll have a bit less worry. It's
going to be a little uneasy going to bed at night or going to work knowing
he could possibly get plugged up again though but he's in a more familiar
environment and Dr. Pruitt says that will work out much better for him. Isis
and Jade are a little bit disappointed that the bathroom is now off limits
for a while but they'll cope. Thanks to everyone who kept Icarus in their
thoughts.

Gail[_2_]
December 28th 07, 02:56 AM
Wonderful news that he is home. Let us know how he does.
Gail
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> For all who have been reading, Icarus is finally home as the vet finally
> released him today. He'll have to remain in the bathroom for a few days as
> he still has blood in his urine. The vet says it will be messy so a mop
> and bucket will constanly be standing by. The vet prescribed some
> Prednisone (for inflammation) and Amoxicillin (anti-biotic). He's also
> going to have to be on the Science Diet canned and dry food diet for at
> least a month. Icarus will be closely watched because the vet says there
> is moderate possibility he could get plugged up again.
>
> Isis and Jade are happy to have Icarus home. Isis even went up to the
> carrier while I cleaned out the bathroom and gave him his own litterbox,
> food, toys, etc. I even let them try his new diet and they both ate a
> little of the canned. The vet at Four Peaks did an excellent job with him
> and I can't possibly thank them enough for saving him. Icarus hated being
> there and wouldn't eat when he was there and they had to force feed him.
> They also had to use a syringe to give him water as well. If any of you
> happen to live in the Phoenix area, then I highly recommend Four Peaks.
> Dr. Pruitt cares alot about his patients and works hard to give them the
> best medical care possible.
>
> It's so great to have Icarus home now and I'll have a bit less worry. It's
> going to be a little uneasy going to bed at night or going to work knowing
> he could possibly get plugged up again though but he's in a more familiar
> environment and Dr. Pruitt says that will work out much better for him.
> Isis and Jade are a little bit disappointed that the bathroom is now off
> limits for a while but they'll cope. Thanks to everyone who kept Icarus in
> their thoughts.

Cat Protector
December 28th 07, 03:11 AM
Thanks Gail. It's so great to have him home but the vet says it'll be messy
so he'll be locked in the bathroom for several days. He's still got blood in
his urine. He's used the litterbox already which is something he didn't want
to do at the vet. The vet said his being home is better for him. Hopefully
he'll eat as well now that he's home.

"Gail" > wrote in message ...
> Wonderful news that he is home. Let us know how he does.
> Gail
> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>> For all who have been reading, Icarus is finally home as the vet finally
>> released him today. He'll have to remain in the bathroom for a few days
>> as he still has blood in his urine. The vet says it will be messy so a
>> mop and bucket will constanly be standing by. The vet prescribed some
>> Prednisone (for inflammation) and Amoxicillin (anti-biotic). He's also
>> going to have to be on the Science Diet canned and dry food diet for at
>> least a month. Icarus will be closely watched because the vet says there
>> is moderate possibility he could get plugged up again.
>>
>> Isis and Jade are happy to have Icarus home. Isis even went up to the
>> carrier while I cleaned out the bathroom and gave him his own litterbox,
>> food, toys, etc. I even let them try his new diet and they both ate a
>> little of the canned. The vet at Four Peaks did an excellent job with
>> him and I can't possibly thank them enough for saving him. Icarus hated
>> being there and wouldn't eat when he was there and they had to force feed
>> him. They also had to use a syringe to give him water as well. If any of
>> you happen to live in the Phoenix area, then I highly recommend Four
>> Peaks. Dr. Pruitt cares alot about his patients and works hard to give
>> them the best medical care possible.
>>
>> It's so great to have Icarus home now and I'll have a bit less worry.
>> It's going to be a little uneasy going to bed at night or going to work
>> knowing he could possibly get plugged up again though but he's in a more
>> familiar environment and Dr. Pruitt says that will work out much better
>> for him. Isis and Jade are a little bit disappointed that the bathroom is
>> now off limits for a while but they'll cope. Thanks to everyone who kept
>> Icarus in their thoughts.

ElvisRocks
December 28th 07, 04:16 AM
So glad that he is home!
Carol

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> For all who have been reading, Icarus is finally home as the vet finally
> released him today. He'll have to remain in the bathroom for a few days as
> he still has blood in his urine. The vet says it will be messy so a mop
> and bucket will constanly be standing by. The vet prescribed some
> Prednisone (for inflammation) and Amoxicillin (anti-biotic). He's also
> going to have to be on the Science Diet canned and dry food diet for at
> least a month. Icarus will be closely watched because the vet says there
> is moderate possibility he could get plugged up again.
>
> Isis and Jade are happy to have Icarus home. Isis even went up to the
> carrier while I cleaned out the bathroom and gave him his own litterbox,
> food, toys, etc. I even let them try his new diet and they both ate a
> little of the canned. The vet at Four Peaks did an excellent job with him
> and I can't possibly thank them enough for saving him. Icarus hated being
> there and wouldn't eat when he was there and they had to force feed him.
> They also had to use a syringe to give him water as well. If any of you
> happen to live in the Phoenix area, then I highly recommend Four Peaks.
> Dr. Pruitt cares alot about his patients and works hard to give them the
> best medical care possible.
>
> It's so great to have Icarus home now and I'll have a bit less worry. It's
> going to be a little uneasy going to bed at night or going to work knowing
> he could possibly get plugged up again though but he's in a more familiar
> environment and Dr. Pruitt says that will work out much better for him.
> Isis and Jade are a little bit disappointed that the bathroom is now off
> limits for a while but they'll cope. Thanks to everyone who kept Icarus in
> their thoughts.

Candace
December 28th 07, 05:56 AM
On Dec 27, 8:11*pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> Thanks Gail. It's so great to have him home but the vet says it'll be messy
> so he'll be locked in the bathroom for several days. He's still got blood in
> his urine. He's used the litterbox already which is something he didn't want
> to do at the vet. The vet said his being home is better for him. Hopefully
> he'll eat as well now that he's home.
>
> "Gail" > wrote in ...
> > Wonderful news that he is home. Let us know how he does.
> > Gail
> > "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> >> For all who have been reading, Icarus is finally home as the vet finally
> >> released him today. He'll have to remain in the bathroom for a few days
> >> as he still has blood in his urine. The vet says it will be messy so a
> >> mop and bucket will constanly be standing by. The vet prescribed some
> >> Prednisone (for inflammation) and Amoxicillin (anti-biotic). He's also
> >> going to have to be on the Science Diet canned and dry food diet for at
> >> least a month. Icarus will be closely watched because the vet says there
> >> is moderate possibility he could get plugged up again.
>
> >> Isis and Jade are happy to have Icarus home. Isis even went up to the
> >> carrier while I cleaned out the bathroom and gave him his own litterbox,
> >> food, toys, etc. I even let them try his new diet and they both ate a
> >> little of the canned. *The vet at Four Peaks did an excellent job with
> >> him and I can't possibly thank them enough for saving him. Icarus hated
> >> being there and wouldn't eat when he was there and they had to force feed
> >> him. They also had to use a syringe to give him water as well. If any of
> >> you happen to live in the Phoenix area, then I highly recommend Four
> >> Peaks. Dr. Pruitt cares alot about his patients and works hard to give
> >> them the best medical care possible.
>
> >> It's so great to have Icarus home now and I'll have a bit less worry.
> >> It's going to be a little uneasy going to bed at night or going to work
> >> knowing he could possibly get plugged up again though but he's in a more
> >> familiar environment and Dr. Pruitt says that will work out much better
> >> for him. Isis and Jade are a little bit disappointed that the bathroom is
> >> now off limits for a while but they'll cope. Thanks to everyone who kept
> >> Icarus in their thoughts.

I'm glad he's home and I hope he makes a speedy and complete
recovery. You'll sleep better knowing he is under your own roof.

Candace

Cat Protector
December 28th 07, 06:29 AM
Thanks Candace. I will sleep better knowing he's here but I still feel bad
about locking him in the bathroom. I've got a towel and a couple of Purr
Pads down on the floor for him to rest on. He's also got a litterbox, a food
and water dish, and a couple of toys in there as well. The vet says because
of his urination patterns it'll be a bit messy so I have a bucket and mop
available. He'll also be on meds for a while.

Four Peaks did an excellent job with him and I highly recommend them for
anyone in the Phoenix area who needs a good vet. Icarus wasn't an easy
patient so I'm sure they're glad to have let him go home. They took good
care of him.

"Candace" > wrote in message
I'm glad he's home and I hope he makes a speedy and complete
recovery. You'll sleep better knowing he is under your own roof.

Candace

Cat Protector
December 28th 07, 06:30 AM
Thanks Carol.

"ElvisRocks" > wrote in message
. ..
> So glad that he is home!
> Carol
>
> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>> For all who have been reading, Icarus is finally home as the vet finally
>> released him today. He'll have to remain in the bathroom for a few days
>> as he still has blood in his urine. The vet says it will be messy so a
>> mop and bucket will constanly be standing by. The vet prescribed some
>> Prednisone (for inflammation) and Amoxicillin (anti-biotic). He's also
>> going to have to be on the Science Diet canned and dry food diet for at
>> least a month. Icarus will be closely watched because the vet says there
>> is moderate possibility he could get plugged up again.
>>
>> Isis and Jade are happy to have Icarus home. Isis even went up to the
>> carrier while I cleaned out the bathroom and gave him his own litterbox,
>> food, toys, etc. I even let them try his new diet and they both ate a
>> little of the canned. The vet at Four Peaks did an excellent job with
>> him and I can't possibly thank them enough for saving him. Icarus hated
>> being there and wouldn't eat when he was there and they had to force feed
>> him. They also had to use a syringe to give him water as well. If any of
>> you happen to live in the Phoenix area, then I highly recommend Four
>> Peaks. Dr. Pruitt cares alot about his patients and works hard to give
>> them the best medical care possible.
>>
>> It's so great to have Icarus home now and I'll have a bit less worry.
>> It's going to be a little uneasy going to bed at night or going to work
>> knowing he could possibly get plugged up again though but he's in a more
>> familiar environment and Dr. Pruitt says that will work out much better
>> for him. Isis and Jade are a little bit disappointed that the bathroom is
>> now off limits for a while but they'll cope. Thanks to everyone who kept
>> Icarus in their thoughts.

blkcatgal
December 28th 07, 03:39 PM
Glad Icarus is home. Hope he's feeling better soon. (And out of the
bathroom soon!)

S.
---

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> For all who have been reading, Icarus is finally home as the vet finally
> released him today. He'll have to remain in the bathroom for a few days as
> he still has blood in his urine. The vet says it will be messy so a mop
> and bucket will constanly be standing by. The vet prescribed some
> Prednisone (for inflammation) and Amoxicillin (anti-biotic). He's also
> going to have to be on the Science Diet canned and dry food diet for at
> least a month. Icarus will be closely watched because the vet says there
> is moderate possibility he could get plugged up again.
>
> Isis and Jade are happy to have Icarus home. Isis even went up to the
> carrier while I cleaned out the bathroom and gave him his own litterbox,
> food, toys, etc. I even let them try his new diet and they both ate a
> little of the canned. The vet at Four Peaks did an excellent job with him
> and I can't possibly thank them enough for saving him. Icarus hated being
> there and wouldn't eat when he was there and they had to force feed him.
> They also had to use a syringe to give him water as well. If any of you
> happen to live in the Phoenix area, then I highly recommend Four Peaks.
> Dr. Pruitt cares alot about his patients and works hard to give them the
> best medical care possible.
>
> It's so great to have Icarus home now and I'll have a bit less worry. It's
> going to be a little uneasy going to bed at night or going to work knowing
> he could possibly get plugged up again though but he's in a more familiar
> environment and Dr. Pruitt says that will work out much better for him.
> Isis and Jade are a little bit disappointed that the bathroom is now off
> limits for a while but they'll cope. Thanks to everyone who kept Icarus in
> their thoughts.

Cat Protector
December 28th 07, 04:48 PM
Thanks. I let him out for just a bit so the other cats can visit with him
but I put him right back in so he could rest.

"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
. ..
> Glad Icarus is home. Hope he's feeling better soon. (And out of the
> bathroom soon!)
>
> S.
> --
> **Visit me and my cats at http://www.island-cats.com/ **
> ---
>
> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>> For all who have been reading, Icarus is finally home as the vet finally
>> released him today. He'll have to remain in the bathroom for a few days
>> as he still has blood in his urine. The vet says it will be messy so a
>> mop and bucket will constanly be standing by. The vet prescribed some
>> Prednisone (for inflammation) and Amoxicillin (anti-biotic). He's also
>> going to have to be on the Science Diet canned and dry food diet for at
>> least a month. Icarus will be closely watched because the vet says there
>> is moderate possibility he could get plugged up again.
>>
>> Isis and Jade are happy to have Icarus home. Isis even went up to the
>> carrier while I cleaned out the bathroom and gave him his own litterbox,
>> food, toys, etc. I even let them try his new diet and they both ate a
>> little of the canned. The vet at Four Peaks did an excellent job with
>> him and I can't possibly thank them enough for saving him. Icarus hated
>> being there and wouldn't eat when he was there and they had to force feed
>> him. They also had to use a syringe to give him water as well. If any of
>> you happen to live in the Phoenix area, then I highly recommend Four
>> Peaks. Dr. Pruitt cares alot about his patients and works hard to give
>> them the best medical care possible.
>>
>> It's so great to have Icarus home now and I'll have a bit less worry.
>> It's going to be a little uneasy going to bed at night or going to work
>> knowing he could possibly get plugged up again though but he's in a more
>> familiar environment and Dr. Pruitt says that will work out much better
>> for him. Isis and Jade are a little bit disappointed that the bathroom is
>> now off limits for a while but they'll cope. Thanks to everyone who kept
>> Icarus in their thoughts.

Sheelagh>\o\
December 28th 07, 05:39 PM
On Dec 28, 2:13*am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> For all who have been reading, Icarus is finally home as the vet finally
> released him today. He'll have to remain in the bathroom for a few days as
> he still has blood in his urine. The vet says it will be messy so a mop and
> bucket will constanly be standing by. The vet prescribed some Prednisone
> (for inflammation) and Amoxicillin (anti-biotic). He's also going to have to
> be on the Science Diet canned and dry food diet for at least a month. Icarus
> will be closely watched because the vet says there is moderate possibility
> he could get plugged up again.
>
> Isis and Jade are happy to have Icarus home. Isis even went up to the
> carrier while I cleaned out the bathroom and gave him his own litterbox,
> food, toys, etc. I even let them try his new diet and they both ate a little
> of the canned. *The vet at Four Peaks did an excellent job with him and I
> can't possibly thank them enough for saving him. Icarus hated being there
> and wouldn't eat when he was there and they had to force feed him. They also
> had to use a syringe to give him water as well. If any of you happen to live
> in the Phoenix area, then I highly recommend Four Peaks. Dr. Pruitt cares
> alot about his patients and works hard to give them the best medical care
> possible.
>
> It's so great to have Icarus home now and I'll have a bit less worry. It's
> going to be a little uneasy going to bed at night or going to work knowing
> he could possibly get plugged up again though but he's in a more familiar
> environment and Dr. Pruitt says that will work out much better for him. Isis
> and Jade are a little bit disappointed that the bathroom is now off limits
> for a while but they'll cope. Thanks to everyone who kept Icarus in their
> thoughts.

Purrs of peace mingled with thoughts of comfort @ this difficult time.
I'm pleased he is home again.
Sheelagh >"o"<

Cat Protector
December 28th 07, 05:43 PM
Thanks. Icarus is eating a little and using the litterbox but still has a
ways to go.