PDA

View Full Version : Does my older cat have a nerve disorder?

James Egan
December 28th 07, 11:52 PM
My female cat Stormy is almost 17 years old. When she sits next to me on
my desk, she sometimes lurches forward like she's loosing her balance,
then catches herself. I can feel the thumping of her feet on my desk.
Actually, it's happening as I type this. I just noticed that if I hug
her, the lurching forward stops. Then when I let her go, it resumes. This
has me thinking it may be a balance issue, and she's just catching
herself. Or why would it stop when I hug and pet her? Anyway, if you
have any experience with this, please share it...

December 29th 07, 01:46 PM
On Dec 28, 3:52*pm, James Egan > wrote:
> My female cat Stormy is almost 17 years old. *When she sits next to me on
> my desk, she sometimes lurches forward like she's loosing her balance,
> then catches herself. *I can feel the thumping of her feet on my desk.
> Actually, it's happening as I type this. *I just noticed that if I hug
> her, the lurching forward stops. *Then when I let her go, it resumes. This
> has me thinking it may be a balance issue, and she's just catching
> herself. *Or why would it stop when I hug and pet her? *Anyway, if you
> have any experience with this, please share it...

I had a cat that had some balance issues, but he had CRF. It could be
many things, maybe an ear infection. Have you taken her to a vet for
an exam?

IBen Getiner[_2_]
December 30th 07, 10:05 AM
On Dec 28, 5:52�pm, James Egan > wrote:
> My female cat Stormy is almost 17 years old. �When she sits next to me on
> my desk, she sometimes lurches forward like she's loosing her balance,
> then catches herself. �I can feel the thumping of her feet on my desk.
> Actually, it's happening as I type this. �I just noticed that if I hug
> her, the lurching forward stops. �Then when I let her go, it resumes. This
> has me thinking it may be a balance issue, and she's just catching
> herself. �Or why would it stop when I hug and pet her? �Anyway, if you
> have any experience with this, please share it...

Sounds like an attempt at suicide to me. Maybe he thinks to throw
himself over onto what he perceives to be a deadly fall, but then when
you hold him, he feels like living again... That's what it sounds like
to me. What could have happened in his life to make him feel so bad as
to do this to himself? What did someone do to him to make him feel so
bad? It shows what character he has, to still place his hope and trust
on you...

IBen Getiner

James Egan
December 30th 07, 11:35 PM
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 01:05:44 -0800, IBen Getiner wrote:
> Sounds like an attempt at suicide to me. Maybe he thinks to throw
> himself over onto what he perceives to be a deadly fall, but then when
> you hold him, he feels like living again... That's what it sounds like
> to me. What could have happened in his life to make him feel so bad as
> to do this to himself? What did someone do to him to make him feel so
> bad? It shows what character he has, to still place his hope and trust
> on you...
>

> IBen Getiner

I sincerely hope you are troubled juvenile. If not, you're idiotic
attempt at humor at the expense of someones beloved pet is truly pathetic.

IBen Getiner
December 31st 07, 12:59 AM
On Dec 30, 5:35�pm, James Egan > wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 01:05:44 -0800, IBen Getiner wrote:
> > Sounds like an attempt at suicide to me. Maybe he thinks to throw
> > himself over onto what he perceives to be a deadly fall, but then when
> > you hold him, he feels like living again... That's what it sounds like
> > to me. What could have happened in his life to make him feel so bad as
> > to do this to himself? What did someone do to him to make him feel so
> > bad? It shows what character he has, to still place his hope and trust
> > on you...
>
> > IBen Getiner
>
> I sincerely hope you are troubled juvenile. �If not, you're idiotic
> attempt at humor at the expense of someones beloved pet is truly pathetic.

I'm as serious as cancer, Jim.

IBen Getiner