PDA

View Full Version : Cat Depression?

Cat Protector
December 30th 07, 06:15 PM
For those that have been following the Icarus thread know about his
situation. Ever since he became sick and was at the vet, my cat Jade has
seemed depressed. She hasn't been eating or drinking much and just doesn't
seem herself. Could she be going through depression because of what Icarus
has been dealing with? He's back home already but Jade is still acting
strange. Isis has been the only normal acting one out of all 3 of them. Jade
usually has a strong appetite but despite my best efforts she seems to still
be somewhat sad. I'd hate to think I have another cat that's sick because
I''ve already gone through too much emotion with Icarus's illness.

Gail[_2_]
December 30th 07, 08:27 PM
Try giving her meated baby food (no onions) warmed to room temperature. I do
this to jumb start my older cat's appetite when he seems "off."
Gail
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> For those that have been following the Icarus thread know about his
> situation. Ever since he became sick and was at the vet, my cat Jade has
> seemed depressed. She hasn't been eating or drinking much and just doesn't
> seem herself. Could she be going through depression because of what Icarus
> has been dealing with? He's back home already but Jade is still acting
> strange. Isis has been the only normal acting one out of all 3 of them.
> Jade usually has a strong appetite but despite my best efforts she seems
> to still be somewhat sad. I'd hate to think I have another cat that's sick
> because I''ve already gone through too much emotion with Icarus's illness.

IBen Getiner
December 31st 07, 12:01 AM
On Dec 30, 1:15�pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> For those that have been following the Icarus thread know about his
> situation. Ever since he became sick and was at the vet, my cat Jade has
> seemed depressed. She hasn't been eating or drinking much and just doesn't
> seem herself. Could she be going through depression because of what Icarus
> has been dealing with? He's back home already but Jade is still acting
> strange. Isis has been the only normal acting one out of all 3 of them. Jade
> usually has a strong appetite but despite my best efforts she seems to still
> be somewhat sad. I'd hate to think I have another cat that's sick because
> I''ve already gone through too much emotion with Icarus's illness.

YOU are a nut-case. Your cat isn't sick! You are projecting your own
mental instablity onto him. Seek help NOW. Before another innocent
life has to suffer at your twisted hands..

IBen Getiner

Cat Protector
December 31st 07, 01:27 AM
I'll try that. It's so sad to deal with one cat being under the weather now
I have to deal with this. I feel so bad for her. I tried giving her salmon
or tuna to jumpstart things. She drank some tuna water yesterday. I gave her
a bit of canned food and she ate it but threw it up. I have no clue what's
going on with her but she seems to be taking in some liquid.