PDA

View Full Version : Things I learned from 10,000 cats

Richard Evans
January 1st 08, 01:25 AM
A Popular Science article from 1934:

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/08/01/things-i-learned-from-ten-thousand-cats/

One quote:

"The old idea was that every animal should be punished when caught in
a wrongful act, but cats do not understand the meaning of a whipping.
They are weak-willed and easily tempted and must, therefore, be guided
in paths of righteousness."

January 1st 08, 04:41 AM
In article >,
says...
> A Popular Science article from 1934:
>
> http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/08/01/things-i-learned-from-ten-thousand-cats/
>

> One quote:
>
> "The old idea was that every animal should be punished when caught in
> a wrongful act, but cats do not understand the meaning of a whipping.
> They are weak-willed and easily tempted and must, therefore, be guided
> in paths of righteousness."

I direct you to the 2nd page of that exhibit, the photo in the bottom
left quadrant of the page. That looks like one unhappy cat.

Richard Evans
January 1st 08, 04:49 PM
T > wrote:

>In article >,
says...
>> A Popular Science article from 1934:
>>
>> http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/08/01/things-i-learned-from-ten-thousand-cats/
>>

>> One quote:
>>
>> "The old idea was that every animal should be punished when caught in
>> a wrongful act, but cats do not understand the meaning of a whipping.
>> They are weak-willed and easily tempted and must, therefore, be guided
>> in paths of righteousness."
>>

>I direct you to the 2nd page of that exhibit, the photo in the bottom
>left quadrant of the page. That looks like one unhappy cat.

Looks like a candidate for LOLCAT.