PDA

View Full Version : Cat Depression Update

Xarri
January 2nd 08, 09:32 PM
My prayers are with you and I truly hope that Jade recovers from whatever is
ailing her. Glad to see Icarus is on the mend :)

--
Where there is love, there is life.
-Ghandi-

cybercat
January 3rd 08, 12:53 AM
"Xarri" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> My prayers are with you and I truly hope that Jade recovers from whatever
> is ailing her. Glad to see Icarus is on the mend :)
>
> --
> Where there is love, there is life.
> -Ghandi-

It's "Gandhi."

Cat Protector
January 3rd 08, 01:49 AM
"Xarri" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> My prayers are with you and I truly hope that Jade recovers from whatever
> is ailing her. Glad to see Icarus is on the mend :)
>
> --
> Where there is love, there is life.
> -Ghandi-

Thanks. It'll be sad if we lose her but as I was crying and told Jade to
fight, I also told her that if she chooses to leave now that we will be ok
but we will miss her. Isis will definitely be hit hard because she and Jade
are typical sisters and very close. Icarus is her standard brother and liked
to antagonize her a bit. She did miss him when he went to the vet so she
obviously loved her brother.

Cat Protector
January 3rd 08, 02:44 AM
Thanks. It's really painful. I just missed the vet's call and called him
back and left a message. I'm fearing that this might be bad news so I'm
preparing for the worst. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the
results of the blood work says.

"Matthew" > wrote in message
> Cat protector I am sorry you are going thru this. I have not been around
> too much to respond
> My purrs and prayers

Cat Protector
January 3rd 08, 10:41 PM
For those that are reading, I was at the vet today and she's suffering from
extreme kidney failure. The vet says that there's a real slim chance that
she'll make it and could suffer cartiac failure and at any time. I told Jade
that if she wishes to leave us then it's ok and that we'll love and miss
her. I've made the appoinment and will be going to the vet to say my
goodbyes in a little while. It was a very hard choice to make. Thanks to
everyone who sent their thoughts and prayers.

Gail[_2_]
January 3rd 08, 11:33 PM
Terrible this happening, especially now.
Gail
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> For those that are reading, I was at the vet today and she's suffering
> from extreme kidney failure. The vet says that there's a real slim chance
> that she'll make it and could suffer cartiac failure and at any time. I
> told Jade that if she wishes to leave us then it's ok and that we'll love
> and miss her. I've made the appoinment and will be going to the vet to say
> my goodbyes in a little while. It was a very hard choice to make. Thanks
> to everyone who sent their thoughts and prayers.

Jean B.
January 4th 08, 12:48 AM
Cat Protector wrote:
> For those that are reading, I was at the vet today and she's suffering from
> extreme kidney failure. The vet says that there's a real slim chance that
> she'll make it and could suffer cartiac failure and at any time. I told Jade
> that if she wishes to leave us then it's ok and that we'll love and miss
> her. I've made the appoinment and will be going to the vet to say my
> goodbyes in a little while. It was a very hard choice to make. Thanks to
> everyone who sent their thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear this!!!! <<<<<Nohl>>>>>

--
Jean B.

Cat Protector
January 4th 08, 01:42 AM
"Gail" > wrote in message ...
> Terrible this happening, especially now.
> Gail

Yes it is. I just got back from the vet. He was a bit backed up but he
brought her out (still hooked up to the IV) and we laid her in my lap so I
could be with her and say goodbye. I petted and kissed her and told her what
a great kitty she was and how I, Icarus, and Isis love her and will miss
her. My mom was there with me as well. Then we brought her in the exam room
and laid her on the table. I stood in front of her and petted her and said
some more goodbyes and then the vet did his thing and she peacefully went to
sleep. This was really hard and I cried a lot. It'll be difficult coming
home without her tonight and I'll so miss having her around. She was really
special. Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Cat Protector
January 4th 08, 01:43 AM
"Jean B." > wrote in message
> I'm so sorry to hear this!!!! <<<<<Nohl>>>>>
>
> --
> Jean B.

Thanks Jean. It was hard and I'll miss her but she's free now.

Cat Protector
January 4th 08, 01:45 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
> We are still praying for you all

Thanks.

blkcatgal
January 4th 08, 02:09 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Jade. I was so hoping that this story would
have a different ending. You have my heartfelt condolences.

Sue

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message

> "Gail" > wrote in message
>> Terrible this happening, especially now.
>> Gail
>

> Yes it is. I just got back from the vet. He was a bit backed up but he
> brought her out (still hooked up to the IV) and we laid her in my lap so I
> could be with her and say goodbye. I petted and kissed her and told her
> what a great kitty she was and how I, Icarus, and Isis love her and will
> miss her. My mom was there with me as well. Then we brought her in the
> exam room and laid her on the table. I stood in front of her and petted
> her and said some more goodbyes and then the vet did his thing and she
> peacefully went to sleep. This was really hard and I cried a lot. It'll be
> difficult coming home without her tonight and I'll so miss having her
> around. She was really special. Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Cat Protector
January 4th 08, 02:26 AM
"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
. ..
>I am so sorry to hear about Jade. I was so hoping that this story would
>have a different ending. You have my heartfelt condolences.
>
> Sue

Thanks Sue. She was just too weak and gasping for breath and I really
couldn't hold her here. I will miss her.

-Lost
January 4th 08, 04:51 AM
Response to "Cat Protector" >:

> Yes it is. I just got back from the vet. He was a bit backed up
> but he brought her out (still hooked up to the IV) and we laid her
> in my lap so I could be with her and say goodbye. I petted and
> kissed her and told her what a great kitty she was and how I,
> Icarus, and Isis love her and will miss her. My mom was there with
> me as well. Then we brought her in the exam room and laid her on
> the table. I stood in front of her and petted her and said some
> more goodbyes and then the vet did his thing and she peacefully
> went to sleep. This was really hard and I cried a lot. It'll be
> difficult coming home without her tonight and I'll so miss having
> her around. She was really special. Thanks everyone for your
> thoughts.

You did the right thing. Something that only a beloved friend
could/would do for another friend.

You will all meet again, until then give Isis and Icarus all your
love and attention -- they'll need it with their best friend watching
over them.

Best wishes to everyone.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Cat Protector
January 4th 08, 05:57 AM
"-Lost" > wrote in message
> You did the right thing. Something that only a beloved friend
> could/would do for another friend.
>
> You will all meet again, until then give Isis and Icarus all your
> love and attention -- they'll need it with their best friend watching
> over them.
>
> Best wishes to everyone.
>
> --
> -Lost
> kidding. No I am not.

Thanks. It was so hard to do but she needed to be set free and go
peacefully. We're going to miss her.

Lesley via CatKB.com
January 4th 08, 10:50 AM
Cat Protector wrote:
>For those that are reading, I was at the vet today and she's suffering from
>extreme kidney failure. The vet says that there's a real slim chance that
>she'll make it and could suffer cartiac failure and at any time. I told Jade
>that if she wishes to leave us then it's ok and that we'll love and miss
>her. I've made the appoinment and will be going to the vet to say my
>goodbyes in a little while. It was a very hard choice to make. Thanks to
>everyone who sent their thoughts and prayers.

So sorry to hear this

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

January 4th 08, 12:06 PM
On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 18:42:38 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> wrote:

>"Gail" > wrote in message ...
>> Terrible this happening, especially now.
>> Gail
>

>Yes it is. I just got back from the vet. He was a bit backed up but he
>brought her out (still hooked up to the IV) and we laid her in my lap so I
>could be with her and say goodbye. I petted and kissed her and told her what
>a great kitty she was and how I, Icarus, and Isis love her and will miss
>her. My mom was there with me as well. Then we brought her in the exam room
>and laid her on the table. I stood in front of her and petted her and said
>some more goodbyes and then the vet did his thing and she peacefully went to
>sleep. This was really hard and I cried a lot. It'll be difficult coming
>home without her tonight and I'll so miss having her around. She was really
>special. Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can see how much you cared. I know how
difficult this can be, but take comfort in the fact that you did the
right thing.

Cat Protector
January 4th 08, 02:39 PM
> wrote in message
> I'm so sorry for your loss. I can see how much you cared. I know how
> difficult this can be, but take comfort in the fact that you did the
> right thing.

Thanks. It was a hard decision. I miss her terribly and so does Isis and
Icarus.

Cat Protector
January 4th 08, 02:39 PM
"Lesley via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> So sorry to hear this
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Thanks.

Sheelagh>\o\
January 4th 08, 06:37 PM
On Jan 3, 10:41*pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> For those that are reading, I was at the vet today and she's suffering from
> extreme kidney failure. The vet says that there's a real slim chance that
> she'll make it and could suffer cartiac failure and at any time. I told Jade
> that if she wishes to leave us then it's ok and that we'll love and miss
> her. I've made the appoinment and will be going to the vet to say my
> goodbyes in a little while. It was a very hard choice to make. Thanks to
> everyone who sent their thoughts and prayers.

Having lost a cat in the last year to CRF, I truely sympathise with
your terrible situation. I can only offer you our condolences @ this
difficult time.
May she frolic, & play in the comfort of no more pain, on the other
side of the Rainbow Bridge until you meet once more.

Best Wishes,
Sheelagh >"o"<

Cat Protector
January 4th 08, 06:55 PM
"Sheelagh>"o"<" > wrote in message
..
Having lost a cat in the last year to CRF, I truely sympathise with
your terrible situation. I can only offer you our condolences @ this
difficult time.
May she frolic, & play in the comfort of no more pain, on the other
side of the Rainbow Bridge until you meet once more.

Best Wishes,
Sheelagh >"o"<

Thanks Sheelagh. It was such a blow for this to happen because she declined
so fast. It was a hard choice but by letting her go her pain was over and
she was able to go with peace and dignity. We're going to miss her terribly.

Jean B.
January 5th 08, 12:22 AM
Cat Protector wrote:
> Thanks Jean. It was hard and I'll miss her but she's free now.

More hugs: <<<<<Nohl>>>>>

I dread the day when I have to do this, but I also know that
it is a last loving act that our little loves deserve.

--
Jean B.

Candace
January 5th 08, 01:24 AM
On Jan 3, 6:42*pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> "Gail" > wrote in ...
> > Terrible this happening, especially now.
> > Gail
>
> Yes it is. I just got back from the vet. He was a bit backed up but he
> brought her out (still hooked up to the IV) and we laid her in my lap so I
> could be with her and say goodbye. I petted and kissed her and told her what
> a great kitty she was and how I, Icarus, and Isis love her and will miss
> her. My mom was there with me as well. Then we brought her in the exam room
> and laid her on the table. I stood in front of her and petted her and said
> some more goodbyes and then the vet did his thing and she peacefully went to
> sleep. This was really hard and I cried a lot. It'll be difficult coming
> home without her tonight and I'll so miss having her around. She was really
> special. Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Oh, no, I'm so sorry, CP! I just found this thread. I can't even
believe it--coming on so suddenly and all. That's what is so scary--
that they can hide their illnesses so well that when we find out, it's
too late.

I am so sad for you and Jade. I remember when you got her. It
doesn't seem all that long ago. Please accept my sympathies. You
have had a very bad time

Candace

Cat Protector
January 5th 08, 02:03 AM
"Candace" > wrote in message
On Jan 3, 6:42 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
Oh, no, I'm so sorry, CP! I just found this thread. I can't even
believe it--coming on so suddenly and all. That's what is so scary--
that they can hide their illnesses so well that when we find out, it's
too late.

I am so sad for you and Jade. I remember when you got her. It
doesn't seem all that long ago. Please accept my sympathies. You
have had a very bad time

Candace

Thanks Candace. It was very hard to see her like that. She went in peace and
with dignity. Isis cried for her sister this morning and Icarus has been sad
as well. We're going to really miss her.