PDA

View Full Version : Exotic Cat Toys


cybercat
January 3rd 08, 07:54 PM
I just returned from visiting family in Florida, Orlando area, but out in
the country-turning-suburbs. It was a nice change for Christmas, as I
usually have a house full and do a lot of decorating, cooking, the works.

They have this beautiful "great room" that opens onto a Florida Room that
opens to a screened pool area. There are two cats and two dogs, and a
cat/dog door off the great room. Their back yard is walled, but even though
the cats could probably get out if they wanted to, they don't tend to go
beyond the property. [Iam wayyy too neurotic for this to be safe enough for
my cats, but it works for this family.]

These are happy cats, brown tabby girls, bright-eyed and well muscled,
active and affectionate. One morning while I was making breakfast one was
rolling around on the great room floor with a shiny, tender little dark
green snake that was coiled up in a ball. It was about the thickness of a
pencil. I didn't think about it, just picked it up and carried it outside,
tossed it into a shrub just as it began to wriggle and maybe think about
biting me, haha. It felt cool and dry to the touch. I imagine it might have
delivered a nasty bite, but it just looked so young.

I introduced the family to the Ultimate Cat Toy (the stretchy yoga pant
drawstring I have written about.) It was a big hit with the girlycats. :)

-Lost
January 3rd 08, 09:31 PM
Response to "cybercat" >:

> I just returned from visiting family in Florida, Orlando area, but
> out in the country-turning-suburbs. It was a nice change for
> Christmas, as I usually have a house full and do a lot of
> decorating, cooking, the works.

Could someone tell me what a "country-turning-suburb" is?

> They have this beautiful "great room" that opens onto a Florida
> Room that opens to a screened pool area.

And what a "Florida Room" is?

> One morning while I was making breakfast one was rolling around on
> the great room floor with a shiny, tender little dark green snake
> that was coiled up in a ball. It was about the thickness of a
> pencil. I didn't think about it, just picked it up and carried it
> outside, tossed it into a shrub just as it began to wriggle and
> maybe think about biting me, haha. It felt cool and dry to the
> touch. I imagine it might have delivered a nasty bite, but it
> just looked so young.

Did anyone else think this was going to be a story about cybercat
losing a finger from a baby poisonous snake?

> I introduced the family to the Ultimate Cat Toy (the stretchy yoga
> pant drawstring I have written about.) It was a big hit with the
> girlycats. :)

Gabby loves it too. Based on cybercat's original suggestion of this
we visited the local clothing store and got "cloth elastic" which is
a 1/2" band of waistband elastic basically. We made a mobile
similar to the baby's old one, whereby Gabby has 4 "fingers" of
elastic hanging down with various toys at the end. We secured the
top of the mobile to an old ball joint with a stop the spouse had
laying in the tool compartment, so the mobile doesn't react violently
to Gabby flying through the air to snag a "finger."

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.