PDA

View Full Version : do cats pee causes more cat pee?


peter
January 10th 08, 12:07 AM
My old cat died a few months ago.
But before she died, she urinated on the carpet at various places. I am
unable to completely remove the odor.

If I get a new cat, would the odor cause the new cat to pee at the same
spots?

-Lost
January 10th 08, 06:21 AM
Response to "peter" >:

> My old cat died a few months ago.
> But before she died, she urinated on the carpet at various places.
> I am unable to completely remove the odor.
>
> If I get a new cat, would the odor cause the new cat to pee at the
> same spots?

It really doesn't matter because the answer is, "maybe." Therefore,
you need to handle the odor completely before getting another kitty.

It's just smarter, especially starting fresh.

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

peter
January 10th 08, 10:05 PM
"cindys" > wrote in message
...
>> Agreed. I can testify, though, that it worked without me using a ton of
>> it on a 2 x 2 area of rug.
> -------
> I agree that would work. I would be willing to bet you used an entire
> gallon or close to it? Generally, the problem isn't so much that the
> Nature's Miracle can't get rid of the smell in one particular area,
> assuming you use enough of it. But generally, the way things go is that
> the cat urinated in multiple, multiple areas all over the carpeting. And
> you can't know where every spot is and you can't saturate the entire
> living room the way you did the 2 x 2 area. For one thing, you would ruin
> the flooring underneath the carpeting. For another thing, Nature's Miracle
> is expensive. You could easily spend several hundred dollars on Nature's
> Miracle and still not get rid of the odor.
>
> Honestly, I'm not trying to be argumentative with you. I just have a
> living room with multiple, multiple areas of pale blue carpeting that were
> urinated upon (I could never find all the spots) and multiple areas of
> wood damaged from both urine and being saturated with Nature's Miracle in
> a fruitless attempt to clean it all up. I spent a ton of money on Nature's
> miracle, which I generally think is an excellent product, but it has its
> limits. It just cannot clean up an entire living room. If Peter is only
> talking about a couple of spots, I agree that the Nature's Miracle might
> be the ticket, but if his living room is anything like mine, he really is
> going to have to rip up the carpeting (IMHO).

I honestly don't know how many spots of urine there are. I only smell
several spots. So even the spots I think are clean may have urine.

Originally, I was thinking after my old cat died, I would replace all the
carpets, not have cats and enjoy a clean house. But cats have been imprinted
in my mind and I'm afraid I need to have a cat again.

blkcatgal
January 11th 08, 04:21 AM
There are other cleaners that work better than Nature's Miracle. I never
had good luck with Nature's Miracle on larger areas. Try Anti-Icky Poo.
That is what my vet recommended when I had a cat that sprayed on a regular
basis. It works great. You could also try Zero Odor. I haven't used this
myself but others have had good success with it.

Sue
--
**Visit me and my cats at http://www.island-cats.com/ **
---

"peter" > wrote in message
news:nEwhj.8236$%[email protected]
> "cindys" > wrote in message
> ...
>>> Agreed. I can testify, though, that it worked without me using a ton of
>>> it on a 2 x 2 area of rug.
>> -------
>> I agree that would work. I would be willing to bet you used an entire
>> gallon or close to it? Generally, the problem isn't so much that the
>> Nature's Miracle can't get rid of the smell in one particular area,
>> assuming you use enough of it. But generally, the way things go is that
>> the cat urinated in multiple, multiple areas all over the carpeting. And
>> you can't know where every spot is and you can't saturate the entire
>> living room the way you did the 2 x 2 area. For one thing, you would ruin
>> the flooring underneath the carpeting. For another thing, Nature's
>> Miracle is expensive. You could easily spend several hundred dollars on
>> Nature's Miracle and still not get rid of the odor.
>>
>> Honestly, I'm not trying to be argumentative with you. I just have a
>> living room with multiple, multiple areas of pale blue carpeting that
>> were urinated upon (I could never find all the spots) and multiple areas
>> of wood damaged from both urine and being saturated with Nature's Miracle
>> in a fruitless attempt to clean it all up. I spent a ton of money on
>> Nature's miracle, which I generally think is an excellent product, but it
>> has its limits. It just cannot clean up an entire living room. If Peter
>> is only talking about a couple of spots, I agree that the Nature's
>> Miracle might be the ticket, but if his living room is anything like
>> mine, he really is going to have to rip up the carpeting (IMHO).
>
> I honestly don't know how many spots of urine there are. I only smell
> several spots. So even the spots I think are clean may have urine.
>
> Originally, I was thinking after my old cat died, I would replace all the
> carpets, not have cats and enjoy a clean house. But cats have been
> imprinted in my mind and I'm afraid I need to have a cat again.
>

cybercat
January 11th 08, 05:03 AM
"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
...
> There are other cleaners that work better than Nature's Miracle. I never
> had good luck with Nature's Miracle on larger areas. Try Anti-Icky Poo.
> That is what my vet recommended when I had a cat that sprayed on a regular
> basis. It works great. You could also try Zero Odor. I haven't used
> this myself but others have had good success with it.
>
> Sue
> --
> **Visit me and my cats at http://www.island-cats.com/ **
> ---
>
> "peter" > wrote in message
> news:nEwhj.8236$%[email protected]
>> "cindys" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>>> Agreed. I can testify, though, that it worked without me using a ton of
>>>> it on a 2 x 2 area of rug.
>>> -------
>>> I agree that would work. I would be willing to bet you used an entire
>>> gallon or close to it? Generally, the problem isn't so much that the
>>> Nature's Miracle can't get rid of the smell in one particular area,
>>> assuming you use enough of it. But generally, the way things go is that
>>> the cat urinated in multiple, multiple areas all over the carpeting. And
>>> you can't know where every spot is and you can't saturate the entire
>>> living room the way you did the 2 x 2 area. For one thing, you would
>>> ruin the flooring underneath the carpeting. For another thing, Nature's
>>> Miracle is expensive. You could easily spend several hundred dollars on
>>> Nature's Miracle and still not get rid of the odor.
>>>
>>> Honestly, I'm not trying to be argumentative with you. I just have a
>>> living room with multiple, multiple areas of pale blue carpeting that
>>> were urinated upon (I could never find all the spots) and multiple areas
>>> of wood damaged from both urine and being saturated with Nature's
>>> Miracle in a fruitless attempt to clean it all up. I spent a ton of
>>> money on Nature's miracle, which I generally think is an excellent
>>> product, but it has its limits. It just cannot clean up an entire living
>>> room. If Peter is only talking about a couple of spots, I agree that the
>>> Nature's Miracle might be the ticket, but if his living room is anything
>>> like mine, he really is going to have to rip up the carpeting (IMHO).
>>
>> I honestly don't know how many spots of urine there are. I only smell
>> several spots. So even the spots I think are clean may have urine.
>>
>> Originally, I was thinking after my old cat died, I would replace all the
>> carpets, not have cats and enjoy a clean house. But cats have been
>> imprinted in my mind and I'm afraid I need to have a cat again.
>>
>
We had success with something called Pets and Kids, or somesuch thing. Any
enzymatic cleaner ought to do it.



--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com