PDA

View Full Version : Our new Kitty

Dani
January 10th 08, 03:24 PM
We adopted a kitty about a month ago from the shelter, she's about 8
month's old. She is the most loving, adorable little thing. When we
first brought her home, she would come to both my boyfriend and I at
any time and now she really only comes to me. She sleeps with me, she
meows to me, follows me everywhere. He is starting to feel bad, he
thinks that she doesn't like him at all.... Is this typical behavior
for cats? Does anyone have good feedback to help us create the sense
of love for him as well?

Thanks,
Dani

Rene S.
January 10th 08, 03:28 PM
It's possible she might prefer women over men, but I would give her a
little more time to settle in. After all, you've only had her a month.
You can also have your boyfriend feed her and give her treats, and
play with her too. The more positive interaction he has with her, the
better. Her can also talk softly to her when she's in the room.

Rene

January 11th 08, 08:19 AM
In article <0424c967-87ab-40dc-b577-c8905bfe89c8
@i72g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>, says...
> We adopted a kitty about a month ago from the shelter, she's about 8
> month's old. She is the most loving, adorable little thing. When we
> first brought her home, she would come to both my boyfriend and I at
> any time and now she really only comes to me. She sleeps with me, she
> meows to me, follows me everywhere. He is starting to feel bad, he
> thinks that she doesn't like him at all.... Is this typical behavior
> for cats? Does anyone have good feedback to help us create the sense
> of love for him as well?
>
> Thanks,
> Dani

Yes it is fairly typical. Our cat Angie is pretty much my cat though she
lets the SO pick her up on occasion.

Dani
January 11th 08, 02:49 PM
On Jan 11, 2:19*am, T > wrote:
> In article <0424c967-87ab-40dc-b577-c8905bfe89c8
> @i72g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>, says...
>
> > We adopted a kitty about a month ago from the shelter, she's about 8
> > month's old. She is the most loving, adorable little thing. When we
> > first brought her home, she would come to both my boyfriend and I at
> > any time and now she really only comes to me. She sleeps with me, she
> > meows to me, follows me everywhere. He is starting to feel bad, he
> > thinks that she doesn't like him at all.... Is this typical behavior
> > for cats? Does anyone have good feedback to help us create the sense
> > of love for him as well?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Dani
>
> Yes it is fairly typical. Our cat Angie is pretty much my cat though she
> lets the SO pick her up on occasion.

Ironically, he can't wait until we get a dog someday, he bonds better
with them........THank you for your advice!

bookie
January 11th 08, 09:18 PM
On 11 Jan, 13:49, Dani > wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2:19*am, T > wrote:
>

> > In article <0424c967-87ab-40dc-b577-c8905bfe89c8
> > @i72g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>, says...
>
> > > We adopted a kitty about a month ago from the shelter, she's about 8
> > > month's old. She is the most loving, adorable little thing. When we
> > > first brought her home, she would come to both my boyfriend and I at
> > > any time and now she really only comes to me. She sleeps with me, she
> > > meows to me, follows me everywhere. He is starting to feel bad, he
> > > thinks that she doesn't like him at all.... Is this typical behavior
> > > for cats? Does anyone have good feedback to help us create the sense
> > > of love for him as well?
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > Dani
>
> > Yes it is fairly typical. Our cat Angie is pretty much my cat though she
> > lets the SO pick her up on occasion.
>
> Ironically, he can't wait until we get a dog someday, he bonds better
> with them........THank you for your advice!- Hide quoted text -

typical bloke! they always prefer dogs cos dogs are submissive and do
as they are told and are simple creatures just like men. Blokes can't
deal with the complex feline (or female) mind and so generally give
up.

cats need to be nurtured and spoken to gently and cuddled and fussed
over and played with etc etc and made to feel as though they are the
most gorgeous and beautiful pussycat inthe world (which if course is
true for my cats who are all utterly gorgeous, particularly jessie who
is the queen of all cats) and that they are special , just like women
do!

get him to be more gentle with her, she is only tiny and a fragile
little creature who needs gentle handling and love, tell him to tread
softly around and he is probably thumping about the place as men do,
offer her treats and play gentle games with her using ribbons and
suchlike

do you have any photos of her?

bookie

Dani
January 11th 08, 10:27 PM
On Jan 11, 3:18*pm, bookie > wrote:
> On 11 Jan, 13:49, Dani > wrote:
>

> > On Jan 11, 2:19*am, T > wrote:
>
> > > In article <0424c967-87ab-40dc-b577-c8905bfe89c8
> > > @i72g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>, says...

> > > Yes it is fairly typical. Our cat Angie is pretty much my cat though she
> > > lets the SO pick her up on occasion.
>
> > Ironically, he can't wait until we get a dog someday, he bonds better
> > with them........THank you for your advice!- Hide quoted text -

> typical bloke! they always prefer dogs cos dogs are submissive and do
> as they are told and are simple creatures just like men. Blokes can't
> deal with the complex feline (or female) mind and so generally give
> up.
>
> cats need to be nurtured and spoken to gently and cuddled and fussed
> over and played with etc etc and made to feel as though they are the
> most gorgeous and beautiful pussycat inthe world (which if course is
> true for my cats who are all utterly gorgeous, particularly jessie who
> is the queen of all cats) and that they are special , just like women
> do!
>
> get him to be more gentle with her, she is only tiny and a fragile
> little creature who needs gentle handling and love, tell him to tread
> softly around and he is probably thumping about the place as men do,
> offer her treats and play gentle games with her using ribbons and
> suchlike
>
> do you have any photos of her?
>
> bookie- Hide quoted text -

Ironically, that's his train of thought...... he's like you never hear
stories about the crazy cat guy.... just the crazy cat ladies.....lol
Which in a way, is a good point. I have kind of mentioned and actualyl
last night, she did go to him hes been the one feeding her treats
lately and hes talking a little softer too...she sat between us on the
couch last night....and touched him.. she always has to have her paw
touching me....and it was his turn,so I was kind of happy for him...
silly right?

I have a pic... I'll send it over... she's a cutie patootie.....lol