PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: PETA Killed Over 97 Percent of the Animals in their Care in 2006


B. White
January 13th 08, 08:57 AM
UPDATE: PETA Killed Over 97 Percent of the Animals in their Care in
2006

2,981. Thatís how many dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, and other
"companion animals" died needlessly at the hands of PETA employees in
2006. According to the group's own records, PETA employees killed more
than 97 percent of the flesh-and-blood creatures in their care that
year.

Compare that with the Norfolk (where PETA is based) Society for the
Protection of Animals, which euthanized only 38 of the 1404 animals
placed in their care that year. Even the Norfolk city pound managed to
release or adopt out more than half the number of animals it
euthanized.

While PETA collects millions in donations by pretending to advocate
for the welfare of animals, the group has killed 17,400 pets since
1998. Some animals are killed in PETA headquarters and stored in a
giant walk-in freezer.

Others are killed in roving death vans and tossed into dumpsters. In
fact, less than three percent of the animals handed over to People for
the "Ethical" Treatment of Animals actually survive.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

January 14th 08, 02:56 PM
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 07:57:01 UTC, B. White > wrote:

> Others are killed in roving death vans and tossed into dumpsters. In
> fact, less than three percent of the animals handed over to People for
> the "Ethical" Treatment of Animals actually survive.
>

It is very clear, here in the Hampton Roads area which hosts the PeTA
headquarters, that PeTA is a radical vegatarian organization. The
only reason they can use the word "animals" in their name is that they
consider eating animals to be unethical. If your concern is for
animals, find another charity.

Jerry
--
My cat and I are very much alike: we're both gray, we're both fat,
and we both dig in his litter box.

dgk
January 14th 08, 03:32 PM
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 01:57:01 -0600, B. White > wrote:

>
>UPDATE: PETA Killed Over 97 Percent of the Animals in their Care in
>2006
>
>2,981. Thatís how many dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, and other
>"companion animals" died needlessly at the hands of PETA employees in
>2006. According to the group's own records, PETA employees killed more
>than 97 percent of the flesh-and-blood creatures in their care that
>year.
>
>Compare that with the Norfolk (where PETA is based) Society for the
>Protection of Animals, which euthanized only 38 of the 1404 animals
>placed in their care that year. Even the Norfolk city pound managed to
>release or adopt out more than half the number of animals it
>euthanized.
>
>While PETA collects millions in donations by pretending to advocate
>for the welfare of animals, the group has killed 17,400 pets since
>1998. Some animals are killed in PETA headquarters and stored in a
>giant walk-in freezer.
>
>Others are killed in roving death vans and tossed into dumpsters. In
>fact, less than three percent of the animals handed over to People for
>the "Ethical" Treatment of Animals actually survive.
>
>http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

A message from the anonymous donors of the food and restaurant
industry. Totally unbiased of course.

Noon Cat Nick
January 15th 08, 03:46 AM
dgk wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 01:57:01 -0600, B. White > wrote:
>
>
>>UPDATE: PETA Killed Over 97 Percent of the Animals in their Care in
>>2006
>>
>>2,981. Thatís how many dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, and other
>>"companion animals" died needlessly at the hands of PETA employees in
>>2006. According to the group's own records, PETA employees killed more
>>than 97 percent of the flesh-and-blood creatures in their care that
>>year.
>>
>>Compare that with the Norfolk (where PETA is based) Society for the
>>Protection of Animals, which euthanized only 38 of the 1404 animals
>>placed in their care that year. Even the Norfolk city pound managed to
>>release or adopt out more than half the number of animals it
>>euthanized.
>>
>>While PETA collects millions in donations by pretending to advocate
>>for the welfare of animals, the group has killed 17,400 pets since
>>1998. Some animals are killed in PETA headquarters and stored in a
>>giant walk-in freezer.
>>
>>Others are killed in roving death vans and tossed into dumpsters. In
>>fact, less than three percent of the animals handed over to People for
>>the "Ethical" Treatment of Animals actually survive.
>>
>>http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
>
>
> A message from the anonymous donors of the food and restaurant
> industry. Totally unbiased of course.

http://www.consumerdeception.com/

dgk
January 15th 08, 01:54 PM
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 02:46:27 GMT, Noon Cat Nick
> wrote:

>dgk wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 01:57:01 -0600, B. White > wrote:
>>
>>
>>>UPDATE: PETA Killed Over 97 Percent of the Animals in their Care in
>>>2006
>>>
>>>2,981. Thatís how many dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, and other
>>>"companion animals" died needlessly at the hands of PETA employees in
>>>2006. According to the group's own records, PETA employees killed more
>>>than 97 percent of the flesh-and-blood creatures in their care that
>>>year.
>>>
>>>Compare that with the Norfolk (where PETA is based) Society for the
>>>Protection of Animals, which euthanized only 38 of the 1404 animals
>>>placed in their care that year. Even the Norfolk city pound managed to
>>>release or adopt out more than half the number of animals it
>>>euthanized.
>>>
>>>While PETA collects millions in donations by pretending to advocate
>>>for the welfare of animals, the group has killed 17,400 pets since
>>>1998. Some animals are killed in PETA headquarters and stored in a
>>>giant walk-in freezer.
>>>
>>>Others are killed in roving death vans and tossed into dumpsters. In
>>>fact, less than three percent of the animals handed over to People for
>>>the "Ethical" Treatment of Animals actually survive.
>>>
>>>http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
>>
>>
>> A message from the anonymous donors of the food and restaurant
>> industry. Totally unbiased of course.
>
>http://www.consumerdeception.com/

Thanks for the site. That is some nasty *******.

Wayne Mitchell
January 15th 08, 02:32 PM
Noon Cat Nick > wrote:


>http://www.consumerdeception.com/


Granted, Rick Berman is a vulture. But are the figures wrong?

It seems to me that PETA doesn't need any profiteering spin monger to
discredit them; they do a very thorough job of blunting their own
message and ceased to have any credibility years before Berman got them
in his sights. If they want to get serious about going after food
industry atrocities, they will have to cease taking in companion animals
at all.
--

Wayne M.

IBen Getiner
January 15th 08, 08:28 PM
On Jan 13, 2:57 am, B. White > wrote:
> UPDATE: PETA Killed Over 97 Percent of the Animals in their Care in
> 2006
>
> 2,981. That's how many dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, and other
> "companion animals" died needlessly at the hands of PETA employees in
> 2006. According to the group's own records, PETA employees killed more
> than 97 percent of the flesh-and-blood creatures in their care that
> year.
>
> Compare that with the Norfolk (where PETA is based) Society for the
> Protection of Animals, which euthanized only 38 of the 1404 animals
> placed in their care that year. Even the Norfolk city pound managed to
> release or adopt out more than half the number of animals it
> euthanized.
>
> While PETA collects millions in donations by pretending to advocate
> for the welfare of animals, the group has killed 17,400 pets since
> 1998. Some animals are killed in PETA headquarters and stored in a
> giant walk-in freezer.
>
> Others are killed in roving death vans and tossed into dumpsters. In
> fact, less than three percent of the animals handed over to People for
> the "Ethical" Treatment of Animals actually survive.
>
> http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Thanks for that info, although anyone knows that the biggest
hypocrites are usually the biggest preachers... I had their number
from the get-go.


IBen Getiner

Paul M. Cook
January 17th 08, 05:33 AM
"B. White" > wrote in message
...
>
> UPDATE: PETA Killed Over 97 Percent of the Animals in their Care in
> 2006
>
> 2,981. That's how many dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, and other
> "companion animals" died needlessly at the hands of PETA employees in
> 2006. According to the group's own records, PETA employees killed more
> than 97 percent of the flesh-and-blood creatures in their care that
> year.
>
> Compare that with the Norfolk (where PETA is based) Society for the
> Protection of Animals, which euthanized only 38 of the 1404 animals
> placed in their care that year. Even the Norfolk city pound managed to
> release or adopt out more than half the number of animals it
> euthanized.
>
> While PETA collects millions in donations by pretending to advocate
> for the welfare of animals, the group has killed 17,400 pets since
> 1998. Some animals are killed in PETA headquarters and stored in a
> giant walk-in freezer.
>
> Others are killed in roving death vans and tossed into dumpsters. In
> fact, less than three percent of the animals handed over to People for
> the "Ethical" Treatment of Animals actually survive.
>
> http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

PETA stopped being an ethical organization back in the early 80s. They
became a magnet for the whack jobs who perverted the original mission and
turned the organization into the equivalent of a religious cult. At one
time I respected them and supported them, now I try to alert people as to
their true nature. They are not at all pro animal, they are extraordinary
ego-centric head jobs who direct their extreme narcissism (not a one of them
does not think they *are* God) through something seemingly respectable like
animal rights. And they truly destroy the animal rights argument in the
process. If you point out that their behavior is so utterly indefensible
they will just scoff at you and go do it again. When you tell them it is
causing governments to treat the whole concept of animal rights as a
terrorist philosophy they brush it off and call themselves "abolitionists."

They cause vastly more harm than they create good.

Paul

samvaknin
January 18th 08, 09:30 PM
Narcissism and Ideologies

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/journal45.html

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/faq47.html

Animal Rights

http://samvak.tripod.com/animal.html

Take care.

Sam