PDA

View Full Version : Weird question....

January 16th 08, 07:27 AM
I have two male cats. They are brothers and are about 9 months old.
About 2 months ago Jenkis started mounting his brother Tipsy. Usually
I hear Tipsy crying and I can pull them apart.
As I was laying in bed last night, Jenkis came in my room and jumped
on the bed. He was acting rather affectionate and was purring. He kept
getting really close to my face. Then all of a sudden he bite my nose
and tried to mount my head. Of all the cats I have ever had I have
never seen or heard of anything like this. Also, as I pushed him away
and yelled at him he tried to bite my arm. My cats are not aggressive
at all. They never bite. Neither are fixed. Jenkis has an appointment
in early feb. Will getting him fixed stop this weird behavior? Is this
normal? Does it have anything to do with the fact that his mother was
Siamese? I've heard some strange stories about their behavior. I'm
really hoping someone here can help me. I couldn't bear to get rid of
him but at the same time I don't want to be raped by my cat in the
middle of the night. Also, all he ever does is meow. If someone isn't
talking to him or holding him he just yells in everyones face. If I
leave the room for 5 sec he yells for me until he finds me. I can't
even go to the bathroom by myself anymore. He has to go everywhere
with me. My boyfriend told me that when I'm not home all he does is
meow through the house looking for me. Is this some form of separation
anxiety or is he just a really clingy cat?

Buddy's Mom
January 16th 08, 11:06 AM
Siamese are talkative. The others problems are behavioral. He is
trying to be the dominate one in the house. Neutering may help some,
but not totally.

On Jan 16, 2:27´┐Żam, wrote:
> I have two male cats. They are brothers and are about 9 months old.
> About 2 months ago Jenkis started mounting his brother Tipsy. Usually
> I hear Tipsy crying and I can pull them apart.
> As I was laying in bed last night, Jenkis came in my room and jumped
> on the bed. He was acting rather affectionate and was purring. He kept
> getting really close to my face. Then all of a sudden he bite my nose
> and tried to mount my head. Of all the cats I have ever had I have
> never seen or heard of anything like this. Also, as I pushed him away
> and yelled at him he tried to bite my arm. My cats are not aggressive
> at all. They never bite. Neither are fixed. Jenkis has an appointment
> in early feb. Will getting him fixed stop this weird behavior? Is this
> normal? Does it have anything to do with the fact that his mother was
> Siamese? I've heard some strange stories about their behavior. I'm
> really hoping someone here can help me. I couldn't bear to get rid of
> him but at the same time I don't want to be raped by my cat in the
> middle of the night. Also, all he ever does is meow. If someone isn't
> talking to him or holding him he just yells in everyones face. If I
> leave the room for 5 sec he yells for me until he finds me. I can't
> even go to the bathroom by myself anymore. He has to go everywhere
> with me. My boyfriend told me that when I'm not home all he does is
> meow through the house looking for me. Is this some form of separation
> anxiety or is he just a really clingy cat?

Rene S.
January 16th 08, 02:41 PM
Both of your male cats are reaching sexual maturity and their hormones
are starting to rage. Since they are both unneutered males, they will
also begin to compete for dominance, as they would in the wild. PLEASE
have them both neutered as soon as possible. In addition to aggressive
behavoir, fighting, wanting to go out and mate (and create more cats
who need homes), they can also start spraying to mark their territory.
Unneutered male cat urine *stinks* terribly, and even if you have them
neutered, once the spraying starts, it may not stop.

I think many of your problems will be helped with neutering. I urge
you to move up those vet appointments and have it done soon.

cybercat
January 16th 08, 05:05 PM
> wrote in message
>I have two male cats. They are brothers and are about 9 months old.
> About 2 months ago Jenkis started mounting his brother Tipsy. Usually
> I hear Tipsy crying and I can pull them apart.
> As I was laying in bed last night, Jenkis came in my room and jumped
> on the bed. He was acting rather affectionate and was purring. He kept
> getting really close to my face. Then all of a sudden he bite my nose
> and tried to mount my head. Of all the cats I have ever had I have
> never seen or heard of anything like this. Also, as I pushed him away
> and yelled at him he tried to bite my arm. My cats are not aggressive
> at all. They never bite. Neither are fixed.

Jesus Christ, is it Idiot month??

Get your goddamned cats neutered and learn to use Google. This is
typical behavior. If they are not spraying pee all over your place
yet they will be soon if you don't "fix" them.

kiki7871
January 21st 08, 04:45 AM
On Jan 16, 12:05 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> >I have two male cats. They are brothers and are about 9 months old.
> > About 2 months ago Jenkis started mounting his brother Tipsy. Usually
> > I hear Tipsy crying and I can pull them apart.
> > As I was laying in bed last night, Jenkis came in my room and jumped
> > on the bed. He was acting rather affectionate and was purring. He kept
> > getting really close to my face. Then all of a sudden he bite my nose
> > and tried to mount my head. Of all the cats I have ever had I have
> > never seen or heard of anything like this. Also, as I pushed him away
> > and yelled at him he tried to bite my arm. My cats are not aggressive
> > at all. They never bite. Neither are fixed.
>
> Jesus Christ, is it Idiot month??
>
> Get your goddamned cats neutered and learn to use Google. This is
> typical behavior. If they are not spraying pee all over your place
> yet they will be soon if you don't "fix" them.

Well, thank you. For some odd reason I thought it would be beneficial
for me to ask another cat owner instead of searching and not finding
what I was looking for. I guess I was wrong. How silly of me to think
that this is what this group was for. Obviously, you have some serious
anger issues and personally I would rather you work this out in your
own time than in a reply to my post. Didn't your mother ever tell you
that if you didn't have anything nice to say then don't say anything
at all? Also, if you would have taken the time to actually read my
post you would see that I am in the process of getting them "fixed".
Which, unfortunately, is hard to do right away when your vet is
booked.
Did you feel special when you wrote this? Did you get a kick out of
swearing or something? Not too many friends offline?
Poor buddy.

To everyone else who was decent and answered my question nicely, Thank
You.
It's good to know that there are some people who aren't douche bags.