PDA

View Full Version : Gracie shy cat no longer shy people loving cat

Gregg
January 16th 08, 01:49 PM
Hello Everyone,
From the minute back on July 17 I brought Gracie a Ginger Tabby cat
home from the cat sheater, she hid under neath the bed, expect coming
out to use the litter box and eat and drink. Shy cat no more, she has
100% over come her fear but still is shy of many a groups of people in
the house, but all in all she loves to be petted and go on her
favortite towl on her chair to watch the birds at the bird feeder near
the window on a gate, She is 3 cat years old and 25 pounds an extra
large cat.

cybercat
January 16th 08, 06:12 PM
"Gregg" > wrote in message
> Hello Everyone,
> From the minute back on July 17 I brought Gracie a Ginger Tabby cat
> home from the cat sheater, she hid under neath the bed, expect coming
> out to use the litter box and eat and drink. Shy cat no more, she has
> 100% over come her fear but still is shy of many a groups of people in
> the house, but all in all she loves to be petted and go on her
> favortite towl on her chair to watch the birds at the bird feeder near
> the window on a gate, She is 3 cat years old and 25 pounds an extra
> large cat.

Pics!! congrats on your sweet shelter cat, the best kind of cat anywhere.

bookie
January 17th 08, 05:29 PM
On 16 Jan, 13:49, Gregg > wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> From the minute back on July 17 I brought Gracie a Ginger Tabby cat
> home from *the cat sheater, she hid under neath the bed, expect coming
> out to use the litter box and eat and drink. Shy cat no more, she has
> 100% over come her fear but still is shy of many a groups of people in
> the *house, but all in all she loves to be petted and go on her
> favortite towl on her chair to watch the birds at the bird feeder near
> the window on a gate, She *is 3 cat years old and 25 pounds an extra
> large cat.

awwww bless her, some rescue cats do take time to come round but they
are well worth it in the end as you have found out

timid terri who we have had for a year came and curled up next to me
on the sofa inthe front room the other as I was watching tv. To anyone
else this woud mean nothing but the front room in mr mcgregor's domain
and she has not been in there since he turned up in september,
preferring to stay inthe dining room at the back, and sit on the sofas
in there and stretch out under the table, so this bold move of hers
was a major breakthrough and i am so proud of her for being so brave!

do you have any photos of your little love?

bookie

January 17th 08, 06:36 PM
In article <6590b2b5-2b08-4e1d-8fa6-a93f1f146e44
@i3g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, says...
> On 16 Jan, 13:49, Gregg > wrote:
> > Hello Everyone,
> > From the minute back on July 17 I brought Gracie a Ginger Tabby cat
> > home from *the cat sheater, she hid under neath the bed, expect coming
> > out to use the litter box and eat and drink. Shy cat no more, she has
> > 100% over come her fear but still is shy of many a groups of people in
> > the *house, but all in all she loves to be petted and go on her
> > favortite towl on her chair to watch the birds at the bird feeder near
> > the window on a gate, She *is 3 cat years old and 25 pounds an extra
> > large cat.
>
> awwww bless her, some rescue cats do take time to come round but they
> are well worth it in the end as you have found out
>
> timid terri who we have had for a year came and curled up next to me
> on the sofa inthe front room the other as I was watching tv. To anyone
> else this woud mean nothing but the front room in mr mcgregor's domain
> and she has not been in there since he turned up in september,
> preferring to stay inthe dining room at the back, and sit on the sofas
> in there and stretch out under the table, so this bold move of hers
> was a major breakthrough and i am so proud of her for being so brave!
>
> do you have any photos of your little love?
>
> bookie

The same is true of Angie (Actually Evangeline except it's too much of a
mouthful for a cat name).

Adopted her from the pound last January and she was 3.5 human years old
at the time. At first she was very skittish, and we moved 4 months after
we got her so she's adapted quite well. Now she's an attention hound.