PDA

View Full Version : Re books for the grieving; which ones are helpful?

January 18th 08, 03:46 AM
Many of us who grieve for our pets who've passed on have turned to the
'Life After Life' sort of books,in desperation for some consoling
ideas to help us recover as much as possible;

Unfortunately, many of these books seem fraudulent, organized
religious-based, with pat answers that don't help at all.

My question is which ones have been of any help to readers here? And
which haven't?

Thanks,
jf

(Previously attempted to post this, but it seems not to have appeared)

Outsider
January 19th 08, 02:29 AM
wrote in news:1c01d688-5e7c-4737-9deb-
:

> Many of us who grieve for our pets who've passed on have turned to the
> 'Life After Life' sort of books,in desperation for some consoling
> ideas to help us recover as much as possible;
>
> Unfortunately, many of these books seem fraudulent, organized
> religious-based, with pat answers that don't help at all.
>
> My question is which ones have been of any help to readers here? And
> which haven't?
>
> Thanks,
> jf
>
> (Previously attempted to post this, but it seems not to have appeared)

You either believe in the after-life thing or you don't. I don't know how
much it affects how one deals with the grief of the loss of a pet. The one
thing I do think helps, universally, is other human beings who show
understanding and compassion about your grief. That and time seem most
helpful from what I have observed.

Andy

IBen Getiner[_2_]
January 19th 08, 03:31 AM
On Jan 17, 9:46�pm, wrote:
> Many of us who grieve for our pets who've passed on have turned to the
> 'Life After Life' sort of books,in desperation for some consoling
> ideas to help us recover as much as possible;
>
> Unfortunately, many of these books seem fraudulent, organized
> religious-based, with pat answers that don't help at all.
>
> My question is which ones have been of any help to readers here? �And
> which haven't?
>
> Thanks,
> >
> (Previously attempted to post this, but it seems not to have appeared)

You people must certainly be desperate for love and affection. Just
let it go. It's just an animal! Not a person. I had a dog for 10 years
when I was a kid, but when it got into poison and died, I never even
so much as shed a tear. I understood that this was an animal and
animals aren't going to live nearly as long as people. I save those
kinds of feelings for human beings. Not simple animals. You people
should learn to tell the difference.
Just my Three cents.

IBen Getiner

Noon Cat Nick
January 19th 08, 04:48 AM
IBen Getiner wrote:

> You people must certainly be desperate for love and affection. Just
> let it go. It's just an animal! Not a person.

Your particular love and affection for persons is blindingly evident.

Baldoni[_6_]
January 19th 08, 12:24 PM
laid this down on his screen :
> Many of us who grieve for our pets who've passed on have turned to the
> 'Life After Life' sort of books,in desperation for some consoling
> ideas to help us recover as much as possible;
>
> Unfortunately, many of these books seem fraudulent, organized
> religious-based, with pat answers that don't help at all.
>
> My question is which ones have been of any help to readers here? And
> which haven't?
>
> Thanks,
> jf
>
> (Previously attempted to post this, but it seems not to have appeared)

Don't get me wrong here as whatever makes you feel better do it. But
IMHO a person just has to face up to the upset and get on with things.

--
Count Baldoni

Baldoni[_6_]
January 19th 08, 12:29 PM
Noon Cat Nick laid this down on his screen :
> IBen Getiner wrote:
>

>> You people must certainly be desperate for love and affection. Just
>> let it go. It's just an animal! Not a person.
>
> Your particular love and affection for persons is blindingly evident.

I tend to think he does have a point. I mean nothing against anyone
and all people are different but based on my own experiences in life
and the way I was taught I take some of his points as valid.

--
Count Baldoni

IBen Getiner[_2_]
January 19th 08, 10:30 PM
On Jan 19, 6:29�am, Baldoni > wrote:
> Noon Cat Nick laid this down on his screen :
>
> > IBen Getiner wrote:
>
> >> You people must certainly be desperate for love and affection. Just
> >> let it go. It's just an animal! Not a person.
>
> > Your particular love and affection for persons is blindingly evident.
>
> I tend to think he does have a point. �I mean nothing against anyone
> and all people are different but based on my own experiences in life
> and the way I was taught I take some of his points as valid.
>
> --
> Count �Baldoni

IBen Getiner