PDA

View Full Version : Best Cat Toy Ever Gets Even Better


cybercat
January 24th 08, 06:45 PM
I told you all about the soft, elasticized drawstring from my Nike yoga
pants that my cats adore because when they let it go it zings across the
room.

Well, I tied the beloved wiggly green snake that Gracie has been conquering
over and over and "killing" with great howls for years to the end of the
bouncy string.

She loves it. It's hilarious. Her eyes lit up when she saw her well-loved,
oft-killed snake wiggling across the room, and when she captured it and I
pulled the string tight and she let it go, it sailed across the room,
wiggling as it went.

:)

CatNipped[_2_]
January 24th 08, 10:03 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>I told you all about the soft, elasticized drawstring from my Nike yoga
>pants that my cats adore because when they let it go it zings across the
>room.
>
> Well, I tied the beloved wiggly green snake that Gracie has been
> conquering over and over and "killing" with great howls for years to the
> end of the bouncy string.
>
> She loves it. It's hilarious. Her eyes lit up when she saw her well-loved,
> oft-killed snake wiggling across the room, and when she captured it and I
> pulled the string tight and she let it go, it sailed across the room,
> wiggling as it went.
>
> :)

You clever girl you! I love to see the look on a cat's face when they are
excited about something - their eyes dilate, their whiskers flick forward,
their ears swivel around like miniature radar dishes, IOW kind of like "Puss
'n Boots" in the Shrek movies! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
January 25th 08, 04:08 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote
>
> I love to see the look on a cat's face when they are excited about
> something - their eyes dilate, their whiskers flick forward, their ears
> swivel around like miniature radar dishes, IOW kind of like "Puss 'n
> Boots" in the Shrek movies! ;>
>


hahaha! Honestly, this little girlycat completely rules my heart. She
jumped up on the pillow next to me with a clingon in tow this morning.
If I could still find her delightful after that, I must love her!

She is so good, I jumped up, said "stay there! Don't move! got a wad of
tissue,
and she actually obeyed so I got the thing before she could drag it all over
the bed.

:)

Oh well, time to wash the sheets anyway.

CatNipped[_2_]
January 26th 08, 04:16 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "CatNipped" > wrote
>>
>> I love to see the look on a cat's face when they are excited about
>> something - their eyes dilate, their whiskers flick forward, their ears
>> swivel around like miniature radar dishes, IOW kind of like "Puss 'n
>> Boots" in the Shrek movies! ;>
>>
>
>
> hahaha! Honestly, this little girlycat completely rules my heart. She
> jumped up on the pillow next to me with a clingon in tow this morning.
> If I could still find her delightful after that, I must love her!
>
> She is so good, I jumped up, said "stay there! Don't move! got a wad of
> tissue,
> and she actually obeyed so I got the thing before she could drag it all
> over the bed.
>
> :)
>
> Oh well, time to wash the sheets anyway.

EW! Yeah, I've dealt with those before. I even dealt with long-haired
Sammy (who has even longer "britches") when she had diarrhea - double EW!
;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
January 30th 08, 04:32 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>I told you all about the soft, elasticized drawstring from my Nike yoga
>pants that my cats adore because when they let it go it zings across the
>room.
>
> Well, I tied the beloved wiggly green snake that Gracie has been
> conquering over and over and "killing" with great howls for years to the
> end of the bouncy string.
>
> She loves it. It's hilarious. Her eyes lit up when she saw her well-loved,
> oft-killed snake wiggling across the room, and when she captured it and I
> pulled the string tight and she let it go, it sailed across the room,
> wiggling as it went.
>
> :)

I forgot that a couple of years ago I had given my cats the "string" from my
work-out pants also. A few days ago they were digging around in their toy
hampers (those are their "toy chests" on either side of their cat tree) and
found it again. Here's a picture of Archer and Jessie playing tug-o-war
with it: http://www.possibleplaces.com/catnipped/Archer2/100_1206.jpg

You're right, it makes an *excellent* cat toy! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
January 30th 08, 04:59 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote
> with it: http://www.possibleplaces.com/catnipped/Archer2/100_1206.jpg
>
> You're right, it makes an *excellent* cat toy! ;>
>

Your cats look so healthy and pampered. Honestly, Jesse is just
so pretty.

CatNipped[_2_]
January 31st 08, 03:26 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "CatNipped" > wrote
>> with it: http://www.possibleplaces.com/catnipped/Archer2/100_1206.jpg
>>
>> You're right, it makes an *excellent* cat toy! ;>
>>
>
> Your cats look so healthy and pampered. Honestly, Jesse is just
> so pretty.

Thanks, yep I think she's pretty too. Pampered? I *wish* I had their
lives! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped