PDA

View Full Version : Cat Peeing On Bath Rug?

AR[_2_]
January 30th 08, 03:20 AM
My cat just got over that swelling on his lip, and his meow is back
after being hoarse for a few days, but my once good cat is now being
bad and peeing on the bath rug. He also crapped on it a few times when
he was mad at me. His litter box is clean, he has all he can eat.,
fresh water, treats, sleeps on my mom's bed in the morning, has his
own super soft blanket I make into a bed for him to lounge and sleep
on at night. He gets hugged and his ears scratched, his back stroked
and scratched, and gets let out to play.This little furball has a
pretty good life and lucked out, so why is he peeing on my bath rug???
Any ideas to stop it?

Gail[_2_]
January 30th 08, 04:42 AM
He needs to see a vet to rule out a urinary tract infection. Urinating
outside of the box is a classic symptom. Also, you should provide him with
two boxes since many cats do not like to urinate and defecate in the same
box.
Gail
"AR" > wrote in message
> My cat just got over that swelling on his lip, and his meow is back
> after being hoarse for a few days, but my once good cat is now being
> bad and peeing on the bath rug. He also crapped on it a few times when
> he was mad at me. His litter box is clean, he has all he can eat.,
> fresh water, treats, sleeps on my mom's bed in the morning, has his
> own super soft blanket I make into a bed for him to lounge and sleep
> on at night. He gets hugged and his ears scratched, his back stroked
> and scratched, and gets let out to play.This little furball has a
> pretty good life and lucked out, so why is he peeing on my bath rug???
> Any ideas to stop it?

Baldoni[_8_]
January 30th 08, 12:39 PM
on 30/01/2008, Gail supposed :
> He needs to see a vet to rule out a urinary tract infection. Urinating
> outside of the box is a classic symptom. Also, you should provide him with
> two boxes since many cats do not like to urinate and defecate in the same
> box.
> Gail
> "AR" > wrote in message
>> My cat just got over that swelling on his lip, and his meow is back
>> after being hoarse for a few days, but my once good cat is now being
>> bad and peeing on the bath rug. He also crapped on it a few times when
>> he was mad at me. His litter box is clean, he has all he can eat.,
>> fresh water, treats, sleeps on my mom's bed in the morning, has his
>> own super soft blanket I make into a bed for him to lounge and sleep
>> on at night. He gets hugged and his ears scratched, his back stroked
>> and scratched, and gets let out to play.This little furball has a
>> pretty good life and lucked out, so why is he peeing on my bath rug???
>> Any ideas to stop it?

My cat Max is like that. I had to put 2 litter trays as he would ****
in the bath. He is starting to go outside now. He has to have the
tray kept extremly clean though.

--
Count Baldoni

Rene S.
January 30th 08, 08:22 PM
On Jan 29, 9:42*pm, "Gail" > wrote:
> He needs to see a vet to rule out a urinary tract infection. Urinating
> outside of the box is a classic symptom. Also, you should provide him with
> two boxes since many cats do not like to urinate and defecate in the same
> box.
> Gail"AR" > wrote in message

Yes, please get him to the vet to rule out any medical problem(s). You
might even consider adding two boxes, in locations other than the
bathroom. It's possible he might not like going into the bathroom or
might want a quieter area to eliminate.

AR[_2_]
January 30th 08, 08:51 PM
On Jan 30, 6:39 am, Baldoni > wrote:
> on 30/01/2008, Gail supposed :
>

> > He needs to see a vet to rule out a urinary tract infection. Urinating
> > outside of the box is a classic symptom. Also, you should provide him with
> > two boxes since many cats do not like to urinate and defecate in the same
> > box.
> > Gail
> > "AR" > wrote in message
> >> My cat just got over that swelling on his lip, and his meow is back
> >> after being hoarse for a few days, but my once good cat is now being
> >> bad and peeing on the bath rug. He also crapped on it a few times when
> >> he was mad at me. His litter box is clean, he has all he can eat.,
> >> fresh water, treats, sleeps on my mom's bed in the morning, has his
> >> own super soft blanket I make into a bed for him to lounge and sleep
> >> on at night. He gets hugged and his ears scratched, his back stroked
> >> and scratched, and gets let out to play.This little furball has a
> >> pretty good life and lucked out, so why is he peeing on my bath rug???
> >> Any ideas to stop it?
>
> My cat Max is like that. I had to put 2 litter trays as he would ****
> in the bath. He is starting to go outside now. He has to have the
> tray kept extremly clean though.
>
> --
> Count Baldoni

My cat is named Max too...LOL! He goes outside and usually does his
business there, and he had just been outside, which makes me think
it's just spite somehow. He started doing it when I had put him into
the bathroom to allow my mother to east as he was all over her. He
left a large brown present on the rug, and now pees in the same spot.
I looked up urinary infection in cats and he doesn't lick himself
there at all. Another site suggested he wants to be like his owner and
use the bathroom like they do and sleep in a bed too. His box is clean
and private. He is crapping on it as well as peeing, so there has to
be something else going on that displeased the little ****!