PDA

View Full Version : Cat biscuits / dry cat food

Banshe
February 2nd 08, 01:26 AM
I have 2 cats age 11 and have fed them on a variety of food including
fresh and tinned and have alwayz made cat biscuits available for them
at all times and water However recently i have been finding blood in 1
of my cats stools and woundered if the dry foor has caused this I read
somewhere that dry food can cause Uranary tract problems He eats allot
more biscuits than the other 1 but the other cat goes out to the
toilet whereas the 1 with blood in his stools comes in ta use the cat
tray If anyone has any information regardin any of the issues ive
included above please reply Thankyou banshe

blkcatgal
February 2nd 08, 02:36 PM
I don't think dry food can cause urinary infections. Canned food is much
better for cats because of the added moisture...more moisture means less
likelihood of UTIs. But feeding dry food won't cause your cat to have a
UTI. You should have your cat check by a vet. Blood in the urine is not
normal no matter what you are feeding them. It will not go away on its own
and will only get worse.

S.
---
"Banshe" > wrote in message
>I have 2 cats age 11 and have fed them on a variety of food including
> fresh and tinned and have alwayz made cat biscuits available for them
> at all times and water However recently i have been finding blood in 1
> of my cats stools and woundered if the dry foor has caused this I read
> somewhere that dry food can cause Uranary tract problems He eats allot
> more biscuits than the other 1 but the other cat goes out to the
> toilet whereas the 1 with blood in his stools comes in ta use the cat
> tray If anyone has any information regardin any of the issues ive
> included above please reply Thankyou banshe

Banshe
February 2nd 08, 05:22 PM
Thankyou for your reply blkcatgal However My cat doesnt have blood in
his urine its in his stools and only occurs sometimes. Am just trying
to find out if certain foods could be causing it as i read in here
that dry food or certain types of food such as Tuna could be the
cause. However i also read that blood in the stools could be due to
other things also Just wanted to check b4 i take him to the vets as he
gets very distressed when i take him anywhere in his cat basket Thanks
again for replying though .

On Feb 2, 2:36*pm, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
> I don't think dry food can cause urinary infections. *Canned food is much
> better for cats because of the added moisture...more moisture means less
> likelihood of UTIs. *But feeding dry food won't cause your cat to have a
> UTI. *You should have your cat check by a vet. *Blood in the urine is not
> normal no matter what you are feeding them. *It will not go away on its own
> and will only get worse.
>
> S.
> --
> **Visit me and my cats athttp://www.island-cats.com/**
> ---"Banshe" > wrote in message

> >I have 2 cats age 11 and have fed them on a variety of food including
> > fresh and tinned and have alwayz made cat biscuits available for them
> > at all times and water However recently i have been finding blood in 1
> > of my cats stools and woundered if the dry foor has caused this I read
> > somewhere that dry food can cause Uranary tract problems He eats allot
> > more biscuits than the other 1 but the other cat goes out to the
> > toilet whereas the 1 with blood in his stools comes in ta use the cat
> > tray If anyone has any information regardin any of the issues ive
> > included above please reply Thankyou banshe

cybercat
February 2nd 08, 05:49 PM
"Banshe" > wrote in message
Thankyou for your reply blkcatgal However My cat doesnt have blood in
his urine its in his stools and only occurs sometimes. Am just trying
to find out if certain foods could be causing it as i read in here
that dry food or certain types of food such as Tuna could be the
cause. However i also read that blood in the stools could be due to
other things also Just wanted to check b4 i take him to the vets as he
gets very distressed when i take him anywhere in his cat basket Thanks
again for replying though .

On Feb 2, 2:36 pm, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
> I don't think dry food can cause urinary infections. Canned food is much
> better for cats because of the added moisture...more moisture means less
> likelihood of UTIs. But feeding dry food won't cause your cat to have a
> UTI. You should have your cat check by a vet. Blood in the urine is not
> normal no matter what you are feeding them. It will not go away on its own
> and will only get worse.

My vet told me that it is not as big a deal when cats get blood in their
stool as it is for humans. But do take him in.

Petzl
February 3rd 08, 01:38 AM
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 09:22:21 -0800 (PST), Banshe
> wrote:

>Thankyou for your reply blkcatgal However My cat doesnt have blood in
>his urine its in his stools and only occurs sometimes. Am just trying
>to find out if certain foods could be causing it as i read in here
>that dry food or certain types of food such as Tuna could be the
>cause. However i also read that blood in the stools could be due to
>other things also Just wanted to check b4 i take him to the vets as he
>gets very distressed when i take him anywhere in his cat basket Thanks
>again for replying though .

Its unlikely to be food causing this (unless its poisoned)

Petzl
--
Only the Irish Leprignomes have remained aloof and their family heritage remains pure and unconfused. Gnome watchers believe that the reason for this stems from the unfortunate events that led to their expulsion from the peat bogs of Ireland in the late 1700s. It is thought that the ambitious Leprignomes encroached on the territorial boundaries of the intellectually superior Leprechauns. The Grand Legislature of Leprechauns banished the ringleaders of this audacious uprising to Australia. As a parting gesture they cast such a powerful spell on the Leprignomes that, even today, they remain too shy to associate with other gnome species.