PDA

View Full Version : litter crystals and leaky liners?

Jennyanniedots
February 2nd 08, 07:24 PM
Hi all,
I just started using the litter crystals, and am looking for some
advice. While I am loving them overall, I've noticed a strange thing
happening which never used to happen with my previous litter. (Which
is Feline Pine.)

Satellite pees in the same spot in the box all the time. While I do
get in there to mix the crystals up every other day, the crystals in
that spot seem to get saturated pretty easily. Right around that spot
a tear (or a hole?) seems to be appearing in the liner, and the papers
underneath it are getting wet. Yucky.

is the urine not being fully absorbed by the crystals eating a hole in
the liner?? Is there a really tough liner someone can recommend? Do
you blend the crystals with other litter - if so, how's that working?
I love not having to scoop up the clumps, because they always break up
in there and ruin the litter.

Thanks in advance,
jen

Jennyanniedots[_2_]
February 4th 08, 02:35 AM
Hi Cindy,
You convinced me, I'll lose the liner right away. It didn't occur to
me that the liner would somehow be preventing the crystals from
working, though.

Thanks!
Jen

> Just use the all-crystal litter in the bare pan and you'll be fine. I
> promise. When you dump out the crystals to clean the pan, you might want to
> rinse with a little Simple Solution or Nature's Miracle if there's any
> residual odor.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

655321
February 4th 08, 04:32 AM
Jennyanniedots wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just started using the litter crystals, and am looking for some
> advice. While I am loving them overall, I've noticed a strange thing
> happening which never used to happen with my previous litter. (Which
> is Feline Pine.)
>
> Satellite pees in the same spot in the box all the time. While I do
> get in there to mix the crystals up every other day, the crystals in
> that spot seem to get saturated pretty easily. Right around that spot
> a tear (or a hole?) seems to be appearing in the liner, and the papers
> underneath it are getting wet. Yucky.
>
> is the urine not being fully absorbed by the crystals eating a hole in
> the liner?? Is there a really tough liner someone can recommend? Do
> you blend the crystals with other litter - if so, how's that working?
> I love not having to scoop up the clumps, because they always break up
> in there and ruin the litter.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> jen

My cat is dictating this:

The only reason you find stuff in the box after changing the litter is
because you don't change it often enough and I have to scratch through
the liner.

The crystals are great, don't get me wrong, but friggin' change it out
more often!

Seriously, if you started buying that other crap, I would scratch your
eyes out when you sleep.