PDA

View Full Version : Ridding Neighborhood Cat from Yard

Arubalisa
February 3rd 08, 06:01 PM
We have an obviously well fed, friendly cat sitting directly outside
our sliding glass door wanting to come in. The problem is that he is
not our cat. We have 7 cats already and our house is full to the
maximum.

The cat will come right up to us, so we are pretty darn sure he
belongs to someone. Any suggestions on getting this cat to go home, or
at least "move along"? Our cats are all indoor cats so luckily that is
not an issue, however, as you can imagine, this outsider is making
things inside our house EXTREMELY tense.

cybercat
February 3rd 08, 06:28 PM
"Arubalisa" > wrote in message
> We have an obviously well fed, friendly cat sitting directly outside
> our sliding glass door wanting to come in. The problem is that he is
> not our cat. We have 7 cats already and our house is full to the
> maximum.
>
> The cat will come right up to us, so we are pretty darn sure he
> belongs to someone. Any suggestions on getting this cat to go home, or
> at least "move along"? Our cats are all indoor cats so luckily that is
> not an issue, however, as you can imagine, this outsider is making
> things inside our house EXTREMELY tense.

I guess you're checked him for a collar?

mc
February 3rd 08, 06:57 PM
Can you find out who he belongs to? If you ask around the
neighborhood, someone will know. Most likely he is attracted to your
house because of your own cats.

It is a good question. I know that, interestingly enough, when there
are strange cats around, and we get them on our deck, too, our cats
always seem to know. I don't know how they know, when it is winter out
and all the windows are shut. Do they hear the "intruders"? Do they
smell them?

I tend to think that we get more cats around here than usual just
because they are probably investigating our own cats.

It has never been a problem...

Babypink
February 3rd 08, 07:28 PM
Why not put a collar on the cat with a message and a contact number, if the
cat does belong to someone, they should if they care give you a call?

"Arubalisa" > wrote in message
> We have an obviously well fed, friendly cat sitting directly outside
> our sliding glass door wanting to come in. The problem is that he is
> not our cat. We have 7 cats already and our house is full to the
> maximum.
>
> The cat will come right up to us, so we are pretty darn sure he
> belongs to someone. Any suggestions on getting this cat to go home, or
> at least "move along"? Our cats are all indoor cats so luckily that is
> not an issue, however, as you can imagine, this outsider is making
> things inside our house EXTREMELY tense.

Rene S.
February 4th 08, 10:26 PM
On Feb 3, 12:28*pm, "Babypink" > wrote:
> Why not put a collar on the cat with a message and a contact number, if the
> cat does belong to someone, they should if they care give you a call?

I was going to suggest putting a collar with a note attached, saying
to give you a call.