PDA

View Full Version : My boy is cheap...

Lilah Morgan[_2_]
February 9th 08, 05:27 AM
When it comes to his toys that is...first Joxer was totally fascinated with
rubber bands, now he's found that those plastic things around frozen fruit
juice cans that you have to peel/rip off to pop off the lid are so
intriguing he has to bat it all the way from the kitchen where it
accidentally fell out of the trash halfway to the other end of the house.
That reminds me...I gotta make some more catnip toys for him...I take some
burlap, cut into a shape, put some catnip on it, fold it and sew it up with
a little tail to make it look like a weird mouse, and he just rips it open,
takes care of the catnip, and leaves it. It's homegrown catnip too :-)

MaryL
February 9th 08, 05:33 AM
"Lilah Morgan" > wrote in message
> When it comes to his toys that is...first Joxer was totally fascinated
> with
> rubber bands, now he's found that those plastic things around frozen fruit
> juice cans that you have to peel/rip off to pop off the lid are so
> intriguing he has to bat it all the way from the kitchen where it
> accidentally fell out of the trash halfway to the other end of the house.
> That reminds me...I gotta make some more catnip toys for him...I take some
> burlap, cut into a shape, put some catnip on it, fold it and sew it up
> with
> a little tail to make it look like a weird mouse, and he just rips it
> open,
> takes care of the catnip, and leaves it. It's homegrown catnip too :-)

PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!! Rubber bands, string, ribbon, etc. are *very
dangerous* for cats. They should be carefully stored away where your cat
cannot reach them. All of these objects have been known to bind around the
intestines, sometimes causing serious injury (requiring surgery to repair)
or even death. As to the pop off lids -- only use them if they are large
enough not to be swallowed.

MaryL

Claude V. Lucas
February 9th 08, 05:39 AM
In article >,
Lilah Morgan > wrote:
>When it comes to his toys that is...first Joxer was totally fascinated with
>rubber bands, now he's found that those plastic things around frozen fruit
>juice cans that you have to peel/rip off to pop off the lid are so
>intriguing he has to bat it all the way from the kitchen where it
>accidentally fell out of the trash halfway to the other end of the house.
>That reminds me...I gotta make some more catnip toys for him...I take some
>burlap, cut into a shape, put some catnip on it, fold it and sew it up with
>a little tail to make it look like a weird mouse, and he just rips it open,
>takes care of the catnip, and leaves it. It's homegrown catnip too :-)

Bubba has developed a thing for shoelaces lately.

The other day he grabbed one and started trying to run
with it in his mouth and absolutely panicked when he
noticed the shoe following him. It took him a second
or two to figure out that he had to let go of the shoelace
to make it quit following him.

I almost split myself laughing at him...

He likes the homegrown nip too. I have some little
fuzzy things that I leave in the catnip bag and
give to him. I have to give it sparingly though,
he gets a bit psycho when he's on the 'nip. He'll
be purring away while I'm petting him and all of
a sudden he'll grab me with his front paws, bunny
kick with the back ones and start biting me even
while he's still purring full blast.

He never plays that act unless he's had catnip...

February 9th 08, 06:36 AM
I have 3 cat nip plants I got at wall mart. Catnip is easy to grow and
its hard to kill off. My 7 cats all love to get the fresh stuff. They
also love bubbles, foil balls. and red dot lasers

Check out pictures of my cats on my website http://www.catnews.org

Russell :)

zob
February 10th 08, 05:11 AM
On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 21:27:09 -0800, "Lilah Morgan" >
wrote:

>When it comes to his toys that is...first Joxer was totally fascinated with
>rubber bands, <snip>

I had to laugh out loud at this. One of my cats, Onyx, also has a
fetish for Office Supplies. Except with him it's paper clips.

I first started finding them in the bottom of his food dish when it
was empty. I would take them and put them in a drawer, but he must
have his own private stash -- because he would always find more, and
they would always be in the food dish when it's empty. Now he's come
out of the closet and plays with them everywhere in the house. I
started buying jumbo paper clips for him and you'd think I gave him
the most expensive cat toy made. He stalks them, attacks them, tosses
them up in the air, carries them around the house and hides them
everywhere!

I'd love for 5 minutes just to be able to read his mind!

Oh yeah, and his second favorite toy is Q-Tips!

My other cat, Yoda, is an Altoid freak and acts like they're catnip.
He goes crazy when he hears the Altoid tin open. But that's another
story ...
---
Zob

---MIKE---
February 10th 08, 01:34 PM
Zob wrote:

>I started buying jumbo paper clips for
> him and you'd think I gave him the most
> expensive cat toy made. He stalks
> them, attacks them, tosses them up in
> the air, carries them around the house
> and hides them everywhere!

If you mean large standard shape paper clips, I would be wary of these.
I don't give my cats anything small enough for them to swallow. The
jumbo clips that are more square in shape would probably be safe.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

zob
February 10th 08, 06:38 PM
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 08:34:02 -0500,
(---MIKE---) wrote:

>Zob wrote:
>
>>I started buying jumbo paper clips for
>> him and you'd think I gave him the most
>> expensive cat toy made. He stalks
>> them, attacks them, tosses them up in
>> the air, carries them around the house
>> and hides them everywhere!
>
>If you mean large standard shape paper clips, I would be wary of these.
>I don't give my cats anything small enough for them to swallow. The
>jumbo clips that are more square in shape would probably be safe.

I meant the huge ones that are bigger than most cat toys :) He
won't be able to swallow one of those!
---
Zob

CatNipped[_2_]
February 12th 08, 08:01 PM
"zob" <[email protected] cox.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 21:27:09 -0800, "Lilah Morgan" >
> wrote:
>
>>When it comes to his toys that is...first Joxer was totally fascinated
>>with
>>rubber bands, <snip>
>
> I had to laugh out loud at this. One of my cats, Onyx, also has a
> fetish for Office Supplies. Except with him it's paper clips.
>
> I first started finding them in the bottom of his food dish when it
> was empty. I would take them and put them in a drawer, but he must
> have his own private stash -- because he would always find more, and
> they would always be in the food dish when it's empty. Now he's come
> out of the closet and plays with them everywhere in the house. I
> started buying jumbo paper clips for him and you'd think I gave him
> the most expensive cat toy made. He stalks them, attacks them, tosses
> them up in the air, carries them around the house and hides them
> everywhere!
>
> I'd love for 5 minutes just to be able to read his mind!
>
> Oh yeah, and his second favorite toy is Q-Tips!
>
> My other cat, Yoda, is an Altoid freak and acts like they're catnip.
> He goes crazy when he hears the Altoid tin open. But that's another
> story ...
> ---
> Zob

Hey, Zob - nice to see you over here, when did you start posting in rpch+b?

Hugs,

CatNipped

zob
February 13th 08, 01:10 PM
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:01:12 -0600, "CatNipped"
> wrote:

>"zob" <[email protected] cox.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 21:27:09 -0800, "Lilah Morgan" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>When it comes to his toys that is...first Joxer was totally fascinated
>>>with
>>>rubber bands, <snip>
>>
>> I had to laugh out loud at this. One of my cats, Onyx, also has a
>> fetish for Office Supplies. Except with him it's paper clips.
>>
>> I first started finding them in the bottom of his food dish when it
>> was empty. I would take them and put them in a drawer, but he must
>> have his own private stash -- because he would always find more, and
>> they would always be in the food dish when it's empty. Now he's come
>> out of the closet and plays with them everywhere in the house. I
>> started buying jumbo paper clips for him and you'd think I gave him
>> the most expensive cat toy made. He stalks them, attacks them, tosses
>> them up in the air, carries them around the house and hides them
>> everywhere!
>>
>> I'd love for 5 minutes just to be able to read his mind!
>>
>> Oh yeah, and his second favorite toy is Q-Tips!
>>
>> My other cat, Yoda, is an Altoid freak and acts like they're catnip.
>> He goes crazy when he hears the Altoid tin open. But that's another
>> story ...
>> ---
>> Zob
>
>Hey, Zob - nice to see you over here, when did you start posting in rpch+b?
>
>Hugs,
>
>CatNipped

Actually, you mentioned it once in ATVAI a couple of months ago. I've
been lurking for a while now.
---
Zob

CatNipped[_2_]
February 13th 08, 09:15 PM
"zob" <[email protected] cox.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:01:12 -0600, "CatNipped"
> > wrote:
>
>>"zob" <[email protected] cox.net> wrote in message

>>> I had to laugh out loud at this. One of my cats, Onyx, also has a
>>> fetish for Office Supplies. Except with him it's paper clips.
>>>
>>> I first started finding them in the bottom of his food dish when it
>>> was empty. I would take them and put them in a drawer, but he must
>>> have his own private stash -- because he would always find more, and
>>> they would always be in the food dish when it's empty. Now he's come
>>> out of the closet and plays with them everywhere in the house. I
>>> started buying jumbo paper clips for him and you'd think I gave him
>>> the most expensive cat toy made. He stalks them, attacks them, tosses
>>> them up in the air, carries them around the house and hides them
>>> everywhere!
>>>
>>> I'd love for 5 minutes just to be able to read his mind!
>>>
>>> Oh yeah, and his second favorite toy is Q-Tips!
>>>
>>> My other cat, Yoda, is an Altoid freak and acts like they're catnip.
>>> He goes crazy when he hears the Altoid tin open. But that's another
>>> story ...
>>> ---
>>> Zob
>>
>>Hey, Zob - nice to see you over here, when did you start posting in
>>rpch+b?
>>
>>Hugs,
>>
>>CatNipped
>>
> Actually, you mentioned it once in ATVAI a couple of months ago. I've
> been lurking for a while now.

Well I'm glad you joined. RPCH+B can be pretty rowdy at times, so be
warned. If you want a more saccharine group you can try
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (I love it and everyone on it, but it does get
sugary sweet over there - trolls get bombarded with recipes (an actually
quite effective tactic))!

Hugs,

CatNipped

> ---
> Zob

Lilah Morgan[_2_]
February 14th 08, 05:13 PM
Well I guess it's good that now apparently he has moved on to playing with
pinky nail sized bits of paper then :-) His favorite toy a few years ago
was a length of leather cord that I had tied onto a stick...I was playing
with him outside with it once, and had to go do something else, so I just
threw it in my open window, and Joxer jumped through the window after it :-)

"cindys" > wrote in message

> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "Lilah Morgan" > wrote in message
> >> When it comes to his toys that is...first Joxer was totally fascinated
> >> with
> >> rubber bands, now he's found that those plastic things around frozen
> >> fruit
> >> juice cans that you have to peel/rip off to pop off the lid are so
> >> intriguing he has to bat it all the way from the kitchen where it
> >> accidentally fell out of the trash halfway to the other end of the
house.
> >> That reminds me...I gotta make some more catnip toys for him...I take
> >> some
> >> burlap, cut into a shape, put some catnip on it, fold it and sew it up
> >> with
> >> a little tail to make it look like a weird mouse, and he just rips it
> >> open,
> >> takes care of the catnip, and leaves it. It's homegrown catnip too :-)
> >>

> > PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!! Rubber bands, string, ribbon, etc. are *very
> > dangerous* for cats. They should be carefully stored away where your
cat
> > cannot reach them. All of these objects have been known to bind around
> > the intestines, sometimes causing serious injury (requiring surgery to
> > repair) or even death. As to the pop off lids -- only use them if they
> > are large enough not to be swallowed.
> ------
> I was going to say exactly the same thing. The most dangerous things in
the
> world for cats are rubber bands. Any time I have ever seen a rubber band
in
> my house, it is immediately in the garbage can. The next most dangerous
> things are thread and dental floss. Another extremely dangerous item is a
> balloon. Cats will pop a balloon with their claws and then can choke on
the
> broken balloon. When my children were growing up, they knew that it was
> absolutely forbidden to have balloons, and any time we went somewhere
where
> balloons were being distributed (a birthday party, the pediatric dentist,
> carnival, etc), it was always thanks, but no thanks, and other parents
> thought I was whacky, but my cats are alive and in good health, and we've
> never had a choking incident or intestinal blockage.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

February 22nd 08, 08:13 PM
On Feb 10, 12:11*am, zob <[email protected] cox.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 21:27:09 -0800, "Lilah Morgan" >
> wrote:
>
> >When it comes to his toys that is...first Joxer was totally fascinated with
> >rubber bands, <snip>
>
> I had to laugh out loud at this. *One of my cats, Onyx, also has a
> fetish for Office Supplies. *Except with him it's paper clips. *
>
> I first started finding them in the bottom of his food dish when it
> was empty. *I would take them and put them in a drawer, but he must
> have his own private stash -- because he would always find more, and
> they would always be in the food dish when it's empty. *Now he's come
> out of the closet and plays with them everywhere in the house. *I
> started buying jumbo paper clips for him and you'd think I gave him
> the most expensive cat toy made. *He stalks them, attacks them, tosses
> them up in the air, carries them around the house and hides them
> everywhere!
>
> I'd love for 5 minutes just to be able to read his mind!
>
> Oh yeah, and his second favorite toy is Q-Tips!
>
> My other cat, Yoda, is an Altoid freak and acts like they're catnip.
> He goes crazy when he hears the Altoid tin open. *But that's another
> story ...
> ---
> Zob

My cat Alley is also an Altoid freak! She tries to get the tin open
and likes to sleep next to it. She also loves to eat them! It is her
catnip. Just not sure how good they are for her?
TK