PDA

View Full Version : cat food

smoggy
February 15th 08, 05:17 PM
could anyone explain why either of my 2 cats will not eat good quality
red salmon. and roast leg of pork?i know pork is supposed to be dirty
meat as believed by some,do my cats know something i dont?

Rene S.
February 15th 08, 09:33 PM
On Feb 15, 11:17*am, smoggy > wrote:
> could anyone explain why either of my 2 cats will not eat good quality
> red salmon. and roast leg of pork?i know pork is supposed to be dirty
> meat as believed by some,do my cats know something i dont?

I hope you are giving these only as a treat, not as their main diet,
as they are not nutritionally complete for cats. My guess is that they
won't eat them because, in the wild, they would not be catching salmon
or a wild pig. Try chicken, turkey, or rabbit as a treat.

Wayne Mitchell
February 16th 08, 01:43 AM
"Rene S." > wrote:

>My guess is that they
>won't eat them because, in the wild, they would not be catching salmon
>or a wild pig.

That can't be it, since I have one who's two favorite treats are salmon
flavored made-for-cats soft treats and bits of made-for-humans roast
pork -- followed closely by made-for-humans chicken.

Then I have another one who won't take any treat of any kind. If it
ain't kibble it ain't edible.

They're all individuals.
--

Wayne M.