PDA

View Full Version : How I was awakened this morning...

CatNipped[_2_]
February 16th 08, 05:01 PM
I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired out -
it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a Daddy
Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your computer
speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it sounded like a
home invasion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

February 16th 08, 05:17 PM
On Feb 16, 12:01*pm, "CatNipped" > wrote:
> I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired out -
> it was going on for 20 minutes! *Da Boyz were trying to capture a Daddy
> Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. *Turn your computer
> speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it sounded like a
> home invasion!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

All too cute!!!

kraut
February 16th 08, 06:00 PM
>I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired out -
>it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a Daddy
>Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your computer
>speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it sounded like a
>home invasion!
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg

Daddy Longlegs mosquito ??

I heard of daddy Longlegs spiders and I heard of mosquitos but never a
Daddy Longlegs mosquito .

Thats a new one for me.

cybercat
February 16th 08, 06:07 PM
"kraut" > wrote in message

>>I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
>>out -
>>it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a Daddy
>>Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your computer
>>speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it sounded like a
>>home invasion!
>>
>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg
>

> Daddy Longlegs mosquito ??
>
> I heard of daddy Longlegs spiders and I heard of mosquitos but never a
> Daddy Longlegs mosquito .
>
> Thats a new one for me.

She means what we used to call a "mosquito hawk."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_fly

CatNipped[_2_]
February 16th 08, 07:30 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "kraut" > wrote in message
>>
>>>I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
>>>out -
>>>it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a Daddy
>>>Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your computer
>>>speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it sounded like a
>>>home invasion!
>>>
>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg
>>

>> Daddy Longlegs mosquito ??
>>
>> I heard of daddy Longlegs spiders and I heard of mosquitos but never a
>> Daddy Longlegs mosquito .
>>
>> Thats a new one for me.
>>
> She means what we used to call a "mosquito hawk."
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_fly

Yep. Apparently we were mis-naming them in New Orleans.

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
February 16th 08, 07:34 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "kraut" > wrote in message
>>
>>>I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
>>>out -
>>>it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a Daddy
>>>Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your computer
>>>speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it sounded like a
>>>home invasion!
>>>
>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg
>>

>> Daddy Longlegs mosquito ??
>>
>> I heard of daddy Longlegs spiders and I heard of mosquitos but never a
>> Daddy Longlegs mosquito .
>>
>> Thats a new one for me.
>>
> She means what we used to call a "mosquito hawk."
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_fly

It's interesting too that this article says that's what they're called in
Ireland - a lot of people in New Orleans are of Irish descent, myself
included.

Hugs,

CatNipped