PDA

View Full Version : Begging Cat

roxy6671@aol.com
February 18th 08, 11:04 PM
My Cat has started something new. He sits under our island and meows
constantly while we cook. We have never fed him while cooking and of
course we try not to drop any food. But this constant meowing and
sticking his head between our feet while cooking is getting really
annoying.

We have had him for approx 3 years and he is less than 4 years old...

Any hints?

Claude V. Lucas
February 18th 08, 11:25 PM
In article >,
> wrote:
>My Cat has started something new. He sits under our island and meows
>constantly while we cook. We have never fed him while cooking and of
>course we try not to drop any food. But this constant meowing and
>sticking his head between our feet while cooking is getting really
>annoying.
>
>We have had him for approx 3 years and he is less than 4 years old...
>
>Any hints?

Hope that he doesn't get to be like Bubba.

When I ignore *his* begging he plunks his 25Lb butt on my foot
looks up at me with the most pitiful expression, and ups the
volume on his crying.

He's a drama queen anyway. It's probably *my* fault for giving in.

cybercat
February 19th 08, 12:03 AM
"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> > wrote:
>>My Cat has started something new. He sits under our island and meows
>>constantly while we cook. We have never fed him while cooking and of
>>course we try not to drop any food. But this constant meowing and
>>sticking his head between our feet while cooking is getting really
>>annoying.
>>
>>We have had him for approx 3 years and he is less than 4 years old...
>>
>>Any hints?
>
> Hope that he doesn't get to be like Bubba.
>
> When I ignore *his* begging he plunks his 25Lb butt on my foot
> looks up at me with the most pitiful expression, and ups the
> volume on his crying.
>
> He's a drama queen anyway. It's probably *my* fault for giving in.

hahaha! I wish Gracie were interested in food. She eats, but without
enthusiasm. She does make bunny nose at any dairy I might be
eating, but takes one or two licks then washes her fact and paws
for half an hour. :)

February 19th 08, 12:27 AM
In article <ab6accbc-7b9d-4d87-abdf-064d0c4b8f09
@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, says...
> My Cat has started something new. He sits under our island and meows
> constantly while we cook. We have never fed him while cooking and of
> course we try not to drop any food. But this constant meowing and
> sticking his head between our feet while cooking is getting really
> annoying.
>
> We have had him for approx 3 years and he is less than 4 years old...
>
> Any hints?

He may have been spoiled as a kitten. I made that mistake with my first
cat.

But Angie is funny. I got her at 3.5 years old and she's always
underfoot when I cook fish or chicken. She won't pester you while you
eat though, she's very polite about it.

mlbriggs
February 19th 08, 01:40 AM
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:04:36 -0800, roxy6671 wrote:

> My Cat has started something new. He sits under our island and meows
> constantly while we cook. We have never fed him while cooking and of
> course we try not to drop any food. But this constant meowing and
> sticking his head between our feet while cooking is getting really
> annoying.
>
> We have had him for approx 3 years and he is less than 4 years old...
>
> Any hints?

Perhaps he likes to talk about how good your dinner smells. Or maybe he
is saying he hopes you remember that he likes to eat too.

TuTu does this also. She is underfoot in the kitchen and I have to keep
telling her to move. When I get desperate, I get the squirt bottle out.
One look at it and she moves. Princess (RB16) used to sit in the doorway
and watch but TuTu cannot seem to learn to do that. Best of luck. MLB

cybercat
February 19th 08, 06:10 AM
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:04:36 -0800, roxy6671 wrote:
>
>> My Cat has started something new. He sits under our island and meows
>> constantly while we cook. We have never fed him while cooking and of
>> course we try not to drop any food. But this constant meowing and
>> sticking his head between our feet while cooking is getting really
>> annoying.
>>
>> We have had him for approx 3 years and he is less than 4 years old...
>>
>> Any hints?
>

> Perhaps he likes to talk about how good your dinner smells. Or maybe he
> is saying he hopes you remember that he likes to eat too.

You know cats. :)

atlast.peaceful@gmail.com
February 19th 08, 10:56 AM
On Feb 19, 3:40*am, mlbriggs > wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:04:36 -0800, roxy6671 wrote:
> > My Cat has started something new. *He sits under our island and meows
> > constantly while we cook. *We have never fed him while cooking and of
> > course we try not to drop any food. *But this constant meowing and
> > sticking his head between our feet while cooking is getting really
> > annoying.
>
> > We have had him for approx 3 years and he is less than 4 years old...
>
> > Any hints?
>
> Perhaps he likes to talk about how good your dinner smells. *Or maybe he
> is saying he hopes you remember that he likes to eat too.
>
> TuTu does this also. *She is underfoot in the kitchen and I have to keep
> telling her to move. *When I get desperate, I get the squirt bottle out.
> One look at it and she moves. * Princess (RB16) used to sit in the doorway
> and watch but TuTu cannot seem to learn to do that. *Best of luck. * MLB

Water squirting works but takes a lot of perceverance. My cat snowy
used to jump onto our bird cage and every time she jumped i squirted.
I am sure it will help with the crying but maybe she just wants some
attention and needs to be distracted with something else?
Regards
Margaret

cybercat
February 19th 08, 04:45 PM
> wrote

Water squirting works but takes a lot of perceverance.

Loud noises are a lot more effective and less messy than
water. A loud NO (from the diaphram, not in a little squeaky
girl voice) of a clap of the hands AND a yell work great.

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
February 19th 08, 04:54 PM
> wrote in message
> My Cat has started something new. He sits under our island and meows
> constantly while we cook. We have never fed him while cooking and of
> course we try not to drop any food. But this constant meowing and
> sticking his head between our feet while cooking is getting really
> annoying.
>
> We have had him for approx 3 years and he is less than 4 years old...
>
> Any hints?

What is the point of having a pet if it has no more personality than a desk
lamp? He's being a cat, he likes to socialize and he likes attention. Your
there, the kitchen is full of sounds and smells and voices. He's excited by
it all and wants to be a part of it. Get used to it or get an ant farm.

Paul