PDA

View Full Version : OT Computer-Cybercat

---MIKE---
February 24th 08, 12:50 PM
This is directed to Cybercat because she gave me grief about using
Webtv. I now have a brand new Dell computer- a gift from my brother.
I've got lot to learn but I have accessed a news group or two. There
is no comparison - Webtv is MUCH better. It is easier to navigate the
news groups, The computer requires me to sit at a desk. With Webtv, I
can sit on the sofa with Tiger on my lap and the wireless keyboard next
to me. Instead of straining my eyes focusing on a close monitor
(wearing glasses), I can use my 27" TV (I don't need glasses for that).
At the same time I can listen to music. Everything is easy with Webtv
and complicated with the computer. Also, Webtv is virus proof.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

cybercat
February 24th 08, 06:25 PM
>"---MIKE---" > wrote in message
>This is directed to Cybercat because she gave me grief about using
>Webtv. I now have a brand new Dell computer- a gift from my brother.
>I've got lot to learn but I have accessed a news group or two. There
>is no comparison - Webtv is MUCH better. It is easier to navigate the
>news groups, The computer requires me to sit at a desk. With Webtv, I
>can sit on the sofa with Tiger on my lap and the wireless keyboard next
>to me. Instead of straining my eyes focusing on a close monitor
>(wearing glasses), I can use my 27" TV (I don't need glasses for that).
>At the same time I can listen to music. Everything is easy with Webtv
>and complicated with the computer. Also, Webtv is virus proof.

Mike, good to know. The point that impresses me is that you can use
your far-away TV for viewing. I would like that as I am farsighted too.

For the rest--my friend, you and I are at that age where anything new
irritates the snot out of us. :) I bet you will eventually find good use for
your computer, doing things Webtv cannot do. Enjoy it! And keep
enjoying your Webtv for Usenet.