PDA

View Full Version : What To Do With A Bored Mature Cat?

Gary Brown
February 24th 08, 07:20 PM
Hi,

Our 15 year old indoor male gets bored almost daily. He bugs
me for favors just to have something to do (I'm almost always
home). He lost any interest in cat toys we've tried - anything
dragged, dangling, or rolling. What else can we try?

Thanks,
Gary

bobblespin[_2_]
February 24th 08, 07:25 PM
"Gary Brown" > wrote in news:Unjwj.27$0C5.12
@newsfe05.lga:

> Hi,
>
> Our 15 year old indoor male gets bored almost daily. He bugs
> me for favors just to have something to do (I'm almost always
> home). He lost any interest in cat toys we've tried - anything
> dragged, dangling, or rolling. What else can we try?
>
> Thanks,
> Gary

laser pointer? $1 at the dollar store.

cybercat
February 24th 08, 08:05 PM
"Gary Brown" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Our 15 year old indoor male gets bored almost daily. He bugs
> me for favors just to have something to do (I'm almost always
> home). He lost any interest in cat toys we've tried - anything
> dragged, dangling, or rolling. What else can we try?

A kitten.

Stan Brown
February 25th 08, 12:05 AM
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:20:47 -0500 from Gary Brown
>:
> Our 15 year old indoor male gets bored almost daily. He bugs
> me for favors just to have something to do (I'm almost always
> home). He lost any interest in cat toys we've tried - anything
> dragged, dangling, or rolling. What else can we try?

This reminds me of a Monty Python routine. A guy in military dress
and his squad drive up in full camouflage, and he raps out the
command,

"Confuse the ..... CAT!"

But seriously, cats do get bored. Is he the only pet in the house?
You might want to think about getting a kitten, one young enough not
to be a threat. (But get opinions from others too -- I'm just
guessing that he wouldn't attack the kitten.)

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

Rene S.
February 25th 08, 02:13 PM
Do you have a cat tree for him to climb and sleep on? How about
putting a bird or squirrel feeder outside of a window so he can
entertain himself? Some cats enjoy "watching" Animal Planet or those
cat DVDs (though it varies with each cats).

Another question I had is are you sure he's just bored? Is this a new
behavior? With his age, you might get a blood panel done. It's
possible he has something like hyperthryoidism that's causing his
restlessness.