PDA

View Full Version : Catnip Substitute?

ensoul
February 29th 08, 03:02 AM
I know they're are 2 things that can uses, valerian root (ugh, that
stinks) and one other thing some type of flower I think....anybody
know the name of it and if it works?

Rudy loves catnip Moe won't touch it

ensoul

Noon Cat Nick
February 29th 08, 04:52 AM
ensoul wrote:
> I know they're are 2 things that can uses, valerian root (ugh, that
> stinks) and one other thing some type of flower I think....anybody
> know the name of it and if it works?
>
> Rudy loves catnip Moe won't touch it

Not all cats go gaga over nip. It's actually a hereditary trait. Bijou,
Simba and Christian went after it as if it were ambrose. Leo, meanwhile,
couldn't care less.

If Moe has no interest in nip, it's just the way he's built. Lotsa cats
are indifferent toward it. Don't sweat it.

Baldoni[_8_]
February 29th 08, 10:04 AM
ensoul laid this down on his screen :
> I know they're are 2 things that can uses, valerian root (ugh, that
> stinks) and one other thing some type of flower I think....anybody
> know the name of it and if it works?
>
> Rudy loves catnip Moe won't touch it
>

> ensoul

Amazing that you should put that. My cat has been after my valerian
root for days. I did not purchase it until recently. When I was out
of the house yesterday he got the jar off the shelf and the capsules
were all over the floor. He had chewed a couple as well.

The valerian root reminds me of the smell of old cigarette ends.

--
Count Baldoni

Rhonda[_3_]
March 1st 08, 06:29 AM
Honeysuckle!

One farmers' market sells honeysuckle cat toys here, and our cats really
liked them.

Rhonda