PDA

View Full Version : Question About Cat Behavior...

Writerosity
March 7th 08, 08:42 PM
I know that cats hunch their backs, bristle their fur and spit when
they are threatened by other animals, but my kitten likes to hunch his
back when I'm petting him. Why does he do this, if this is behavior
normally associated with fear? TIA

Writerosity

Ted Davis[_2_]
March 7th 08, 08:48 PM
On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:42:09 -0800, Writerosity wrote:

> I know that cats hunch their backs, bristle their fur and spit when they
> are threatened by other animals, but my kitten likes to hunch his back
> when I'm petting him. Why does he do this, if this is behavior normally
> associated with fear? TIA
>
> Writerosity

He's pushing back on your hand. Unless you are referring to the automatic
raising of the butt when a certain area near the tail is touched.

--
T.E.D. )