PDA

View Full Version : Where to find low calorie cat treats

Gregg
March 10th 08, 09:19 AM
My 3 year old Ginger tabby was trained too well as far as treats for
rewards etc, she is gaining weight. The pet food compies I deal with
as a customer, will not tell orally or in print the calories per one
cat treat, and I am trying to locate a lower caloire cat treaats,
either online or at the food store, help needed .

Wayne Mitchell
March 10th 08, 12:34 PM
Gregg > wrote:

>and I am trying to locate a lower caloire cat treaats,
>either online or at the food store, help needed .

This is the one I get for Will:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3261+1902+2913&pcatid=2913
It's not his favorite, because it's tuna-flavored and he prefers
salmon-flavored, but he still thinks it's worth getting.
--

Wayne M.

Rene S.
March 10th 08, 05:44 PM
Have you tried giving her tiny amounts of something like grilled plain
chicken breast? If you cut it up into tiny pieces, almost like
shredding, it seems like a "lot" of treat. Very low fat. You can also
buy something called Liv A Littles, which are freeze-dried pieces of
chicken breast.

If she will eat them, a cooked piece of bean or broccoli (steamed) are
low calorie too. One of my cats adores these.

What kind of food do you feed her as her regular diet?