PDA

View Full Version : robot pet

James
March 14th 08, 02:42 PM
Would you ever get a pet Pleo as seen on Nightline last night?

James
March 15th 08, 08:26 PM
On Mar 14, 3:15*pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "James" > wrote in message

> > Would you ever get a pet Pleo as seen on Nightline last night?
>
> Yeah I could see one of those in my house *making all that noise. *either I
> would use it or target practice or the cats would run from it

I just heard on the news that the robot pet and the live pet had the
same beneficial effect on nursing home patients who interacted with
one.

dgk
March 17th 08, 01:58 PM
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:42:27 -0700 (PDT), James
> wrote:

>Would you ever get a pet Pleo as seen on Nightline last night?

A Roomba isn't as personable but does clean the floor.

cybercat
March 17th 08, 02:24 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:42:27 -0700 (PDT), James
> > wrote:
>
>>Would you ever get a pet Pleo as seen on Nightline last night?
>
> A Roomba isn't as personable but does clean the floor.

hahaha! I want one. I plan to use it mostly as a cat toy, if it sucks up
dust, even better!

March 17th 08, 08:28 PM
In article >,
says...
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:42:27 -0700 (PDT), James
> > wrote:
>
> >Would you ever get a pet Pleo as seen on Nightline last night?
>
> A Roomba isn't as personable but does clean the floor.

I've seen demo vids of Pleo. In one they hold the toy by it's neck and
it complains loudly.

But get ready. Remember the movie AI? Well, we're not quite there yet
but I'd guess within 5 to 10 years we'll see our robotic devices with
quite a bit more intelligence and sentience.