PDA

View Full Version : Cat got shut in the closet for 5 hours

stonej
March 14th 08, 02:50 PM
Going to work yesterday morning I didn't notice that one of our cats
went into the closet
when I got my coat out and I shut the door behind him trapping it
inside, when I got home
at noon I heard this very sad and scared cat cry but couldn't figure
it out for a moment where it was coming from then I noticed it was
coming from the closet. When I opened the door he
bolted out.

I guess the moral of the story is be aware of your cats movements if
they have a tendency
to want to get into a closet.

MoMo via CatKB.com
March 15th 08, 12:51 AM
I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. I went into my linen
closet one morning, did not shut it right away, but then did shut it before
going to work. When I came home from work that evening I could not find one
of my cats and I was going crazy trying to find him, and lo and behold, he
was sound asleep in the linen closet. Saying I felt TERRIBLE does not even
touch on how I felt. To this day, I don't shut any of my closet doors.

stonej wrote:
>Going to work yesterday morning I didn't notice that one of our cats
>went into the closet
>when I got my coat out and I shut the door behind him trapping it
>inside, when I got home
>at noon I heard this very sad and scared cat cry but couldn't figure
>it out for a moment where it was coming from then I noticed it was
>coming from the closet. When I opened the door he
>bolted out.
>
>I guess the moral of the story is be aware of your cats movements if
>they have a tendency
>to want to get into a closet.

stonej
March 15th 08, 02:30 AM
On Mar 14, 7:56*pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "stonej" > wrote in message

> > Going to work yesterday morning I didn't notice that one of our cats
> > went into the closet
> > when I got my coat out and I shut the door behind him trapping it
> > inside, when I got home
> > at noon I heard this very sad and scared cat cry but couldn't figure
> > it out for a moment where it was coming from then I noticed it was
> > coming from the closet. * When I opened the door he
> > bolted out.
>
> > I guess the moral of the story is be aware of your cats movements if
> > they have a tendency
> > to want to get into a closet.
>
> Bad catslave * before you leave your house you are supposed to know where
> your children are ;-)

Slave is right, cats really are the owners, not the other way
around. :)

mlbriggs
March 15th 08, 06:21 AM
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:50:40 -0700, stonej wrote:

> Going to work yesterday morning I didn't notice that one of our cats went
> into the closet
> when I got my coat out and I shut the door behind him trapping it inside,
> when I got home
> at noon I heard this very sad and scared cat cry but couldn't figure it
> out for a moment where it was coming from then I noticed it was coming
> from the closet. When I opened the door he bolted out.
>
> I guess the moral of the story is be aware of your cats movements if they
> have a tendency
> to want to get into a closet.

This has happened at my house several times. TuTu just curls up and has a
good nap. I try to remember to keep the sliding doors closed all the
way, but sometimes slip up. If I don't see her for a while, I start
checking closets and cabinets. No harm done. If a thunder storms
happens, she wants to go in the closet. MLB

---MIKE---
March 15th 08, 11:23 AM
Sometimes Amber sneaks into a closet. When that happens, Tiger just
sits at the door and looks at it until I let her out.

---MIKE---