PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of feral cat advocates in Orlando, FL?

Paul Jackson
March 15th 08, 06:23 AM
While down there on a business trip I noticed a colony of ferals living
around a steak house. I felt helpless to assist with their situation as
a couple of them looked in bad shape (I did provide food while I was there).

Was just wondering if anyone knows how I would find anyone in that area
that would be able to help these unfortunate souls?

Thanks,

-Paul, Seattle, WA

LFC
March 16th 08, 02:06 AM
Try searching Google for "cat rescue, orlando fl" or "feral cats,
orlando fl" and you should get some results...

On Mar 15, 1:23 am, Paul Jackson >
wrote:
> While down there on a business trip I noticed a colony of ferals living
> around a steak house. I felt helpless to assist with their situation as
> a couple of them looked in bad shape (I did provide food while I was there).
>
> Was just wondering if anyone knows how I would find anyone in that area
> that would be able to help these unfortunate souls?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Paul, Seattle, WA

alisont via CatKB.com
March 17th 08, 02:59 PM
There was a cat near a place I frequent that was obviously not feral but
apparently abandoned. I was feeding him regularly and it got so he would
recognize my car and come running when I pulled in. Then the place started
getting upset with him and was making noises about "getting rid of him" My
allergies won't let me keep more than two cats so I tried very hard to find a
place that I could take hime to be taken care of and rehomed. Every place I
called kept giving me instructions on how to introduce a new cat to my
household. They just didn't get it. I finally called a place called RAIN
(Rescuing Animals in Need) and they gave me great instructions on how to
capture him and had me take him straight to a vet where he was nuetered and
then fostered until he could get a home. They might be able to help.

http://www.rescuinganimalsinneed.org/

--
http://www.serenityscenes.com/

Paul Jackson
March 21st 08, 06:48 AM
alisont via CatKB.com wrote:
> There was a cat near a place I frequent that was obviously not feral but
> apparently abandoned. I was feeding him regularly and it got so he would
> recognize my car and come running when I pulled in. Then the place started
> getting upset with him and was making noises about "getting rid of him" My
> allergies won't let me keep more than two cats so I tried very hard to find a
> place that I could take hime to be taken care of and rehomed. Every place I
> called kept giving me instructions on how to introduce a new cat to my
> household. They just didn't get it. I finally called a place called RAIN
> (Rescuing Animals in Need) and they gave me great instructions on how to
> capture him and had me take him straight to a vet where he was nuetered and
> then fostered until he could get a home. They might be able to help.
>
> http://www.rescuinganimalsinneed.org/

Thank you for the link! I will certainly contact them and see what they
suggest.