PDA

View Full Version : New Camera - New Bubba Pix

Claude V. Lucas
March 20th 08, 12:46 AM
Nikon D40 - my first "real" camera...

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba01.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba02.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba03.jpg

They're kinda big, so...

22brix
March 20th 08, 02:37 AM
Fabulous photos of a gorgeous cat!

Bonnie

"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
> Nikon D40 - my first "real" camera...
>
> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba01.jpg
>
> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba02.jpg
>
> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba03.jpg
>
> They're kinda big, so...

Claude V. Lucas
March 20th 08, 02:49 AM
In article >,
22brix > wrote:
>Fabulous photos of a gorgeous cat!
>
>Bonnie

Thanks...

He's a real ham

>"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
>> Nikon D40 - my first "real" camera...
>>
>> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba01.jpg
>>
>> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba02.jpg
>>
>> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba03.jpg
>>
>> They're kinda big, so...

March 20th 08, 05:23 AM
On Mar 19, 9:49*pm, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
> In article >,
>
> 22brix > wrote:
> >Fabulous photos of a gorgeous cat!
>
> >Bonnie
>
> Thanks...
>
> He's a real ham
>

> >"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
> >> Nikon D40 - my first "real" camera...
>
> >>http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba01.jpg
>
> >>http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba02.jpg
>
> >>http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba03.jpg
>
> >> They're kinda big, so...- Hide quoted text -

Dang- he looks like a little lion :-)

Claude V. Lucas
March 20th 08, 05:32 AM
In article >,
> wrote:
>On Mar 19, 9:49*pm, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
>> In article >,
>>
>> 22brix > wrote:
>> >Fabulous photos of a gorgeous cat!
>>
>> >Bonnie
>>
>> Thanks...
>>
>> He's a real ham

>Dang- he looks like a little lion :-)

Couch Lion.

:^)

MaryL
March 20th 08, 02:27 PM
"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
> Nikon D40 - my first "real" camera...
>
> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba01.jpg
>
> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba02.jpg
>
> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba03.jpg
>
> They're kinda big, so...

Those are gorgeous pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Somewhat OT: I notice you used a Nikon D40. I have been considering a
Nikon 40Dx or D60. I have a Nikon digital camera but would really like a
digital SLR. How do you like yours by now? Anything that I should
specifically consider (positive or negative -- and no pun intended there)?

Thanks,
MaryL

CatNipped[_2_]
March 20th 08, 02:48 PM
"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
> Nikon D40 - my first "real" camera...
>
> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba01.jpg
>
> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba02.jpg
>
> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba03.jpg
>
> They're kinda big, so...

OMG!!!! *GORGEOUS* pictures of a *GORGEOUS* cat! Thanks for sharing those
Claude!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Claude V. Lucas
March 20th 08, 02:49 PM
In article >,
MaryL -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:

>"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
>> Nikon D40 - my first "real" camera...
>>
>> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba01.jpg
>>
>> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba02.jpg
>>
>> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba03.jpg
>>
>> They're kinda big, so...
>
>Those are gorgeous pictures. Thanks for sharing!
>
>Somewhat OT: I notice you used a Nikon D40. I have been considering a
>Nikon 40Dx or D60. I have a Nikon digital camera but would really like a
>digital SLR. How do you like yours by now? Anything that I should
>specifically consider (positive or negative -- and no pun intended there)?

I've only had it for a couple of weeks, so I'm still climbing
the learning curve. I got the D40 instead of the D40x or D60
because it was cheaper and the 6 megapixels seemed like plenty.

Evidently much more than that is only useful if one is going
to make large prints. Before this I had a 10 megapixel point
& shoot, but the lens was nowhere near as nice and clear as
the Nikkor that came with the D40. There's a lot I need to
learn about how the thing works. I got a bundle that came with
extended Nikon warranties and a couple of DVDs that explain
how the camera works and the basics of photography. I'm still
trying to sort the f stops from the ISO settings and which
camera settings to use for which shots but it's gradually
starting to make a bit of sense. There's a bunch of good info
on the net. I started here

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40.htm

and here

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40/users-guide/index.htm

There's many other great sites that have insights into
other brands as well. I also signed up at Nikonians

http://www.nikonians.org/

where there are many Nikon users of all experience levels.

Have fun