PDA

View Full Version : Purrs for Tigger please


alisont
March 24th 08, 12:41 PM
Tigger had been throwing up a little more than usual (every couple days) and
we thought we had it traced to her drinking water in the shower and getting
soap but yesterday she started throwing up all day and couldn't keep anything
down. I called the emergency vet last night and they said to pull food and
water for awhile to see if it helped but she could wait until morning. I
gave her a couple treats this morning and she threw them right up. I thought
the vet opened at 7 but they don't open until 9. She's getting up in years
(13) so she's not usually very active but she's very quiet this morning. I'm
very worried about her. Purrs please that it isn't anything serious.

--
http://www.serenityscenes.com/

blkcatgal
March 24th 08, 01:35 PM
Here's hoping that it is not something serious with Tigger. Please let us
know what's going on after you have been to the vet.

S.
--
**Visit me and my cats at http://www.island-cats.com/ **
---
"alisont" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Tigger had been throwing up a little more than usual (every couple days)
> and
> we thought we had it traced to her drinking water in the shower and
> getting
> soap but yesterday she started throwing up all day and couldn't keep
> anything
> down. I called the emergency vet last night and they said to pull food
> and
> water for awhile to see if it helped but she could wait until morning. I
> gave her a couple treats this morning and she threw them right up. I
> thought
> the vet opened at 7 but they don't open until 9. She's getting up in
> years
> (13) so she's not usually very active but she's very quiet this morning.
> I'm
> very worried about her. Purrs please that it isn't anything serious.
>
> --
> http://www.serenityscenes.com/

cybercat
March 24th 08, 04:11 PM
"alisont" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Tigger had been throwing up a little more than usual (every couple days)
> and
> we thought we had it traced to her drinking water in the shower and
> getting
> soap but yesterday she started throwing up all day and couldn't keep
> anything
> down. I called the emergency vet last night and they said to pull food
> and
> water for awhile to see if it helped but she could wait until morning. I
> gave her a couple treats this morning and she threw them right up. I
> thought
> the vet opened at 7 but they don't open until 9. She's getting up in
> years
> (13) so she's not usually very active but she's very quiet this morning.
> I'm
> very worried about her. Purrs please that it isn't anything serious.
>

Prayers out for sweet Tigger, Alison. Hope it isn't serious. Let us know.

alisont via CatKB.com
March 25th 08, 12:45 PM
The vet didn't find anything wrong but did give her some fluids. They did x
rays and blood work. Her kidneys are good and the x-rays didn't find any
foreign bodies. She was somewhat dehydrated but no temperature. She was
definitely not feeling well. She bit the vet which is something she's never
done before. She didn't eat much of anything yesterday nor use the litter
box. She had some treats and ate a little this morning and used the litter
box for a poop. She whimpered a little bit as it came out so I'm wondering
if she wasn't constipated for some reason. She didn't vommit at all
yesterday except for the treats in the morning.

I'm going today to get her some medicine in liquid form. We tried everything
to get her to take the pill the vet prescribed but she was not having any of
it. We tried the pill pockets, she won't eat soft treats. We tried the
syringe that pops it in her mouth. It went in, she spit it out. We tried
the old fashioned method and she bit me. She didn't mean to, she just didn't
want the pill.

I hope she's feeling better and it was a temporary thing. The next step is a
barium series of x-rays to see if there's something that isn't showing in the
x-ray.
cybercat wrote:
>> Tigger had been throwing up a little more than usual (every couple days)
>> and
>[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
>> I'm
>> very worried about her. Purrs please that it isn't anything serious.
>
>Prayers out for sweet Tigger, Alison. Hope it isn't serious. Let us know.

--
http://www.serenityscenes.com/

Message posted via http://www.catkb.com

cybercat
March 25th 08, 02:24 PM
"alisont via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> The vet didn't find anything wrong but did give her some fluids. They did
> x
> rays and blood work. Her kidneys are good and the x-rays didn't find any
> foreign bodies. She was somewhat dehydrated but no temperature. She was
> definitely not feeling well. She bit the vet which is something she's
> never
> done before. She didn't eat much of anything yesterday nor use the
> litter
> box. She had some treats and ate a little this morning and used the
> litter
> box for a poop. She whimpered a little bit as it came out so I'm
> wondering
> if she wasn't constipated for some reason. She didn't vommit at all
> yesterday except for the treats in the morning.
>
> I'm going today to get her some medicine in liquid form. We tried
> everything
> to get her to take the pill the vet prescribed but she was not having any
> of
> it. We tried the pill pockets, she won't eat soft treats. We tried the
> syringe that pops it in her mouth. It went in, she spit it out. We tried
> the old fashioned method and she bit me. She didn't mean to, she just
> didn't
> want the pill.
>
> I hope she's feeling better and it was a temporary thing. The next step
> is a
> barium series of x-rays to see if there's something that isn't showing in
> the

Wow, she defininitely doesn't feel well if she is biting and usually
doesn't.

It all sounds good though, the kidney function especially! Maybe she has a
little bug, or as you mentioned, a little constipation. Do you feed her
canned
food? It has more water, so it might help. Good luck, I know you're
worried.
Let us know how she is, we will be thinking of her.

dgk
March 25th 08, 06:34 PM
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:45:29 GMT, "alisont via CatKB.com" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>The vet didn't find anything wrong but did give her some fluids. They did x
>rays and blood work. Her kidneys are good and the x-rays didn't find any
>foreign bodies. She was somewhat dehydrated but no temperature. She was
>definitely not feeling well. She bit the vet which is something she's never
>done before. She didn't eat much of anything yesterday nor use the litter
>box. She had some treats and ate a little this morning and used the litter
>box for a poop. She whimpered a little bit as it came out so I'm wondering
>if she wasn't constipated for some reason. She didn't vommit at all
>yesterday except for the treats in the morning.
>
>I'm going today to get her some medicine in liquid form. We tried everything
>to get her to take the pill the vet prescribed but she was not having any of
>it. We tried the pill pockets, she won't eat soft treats. We tried the
>syringe that pops it in her mouth. It went in, she spit it out. We tried
>the old fashioned method and she bit me. She didn't mean to, she just didn't
>want the pill.
>
>I hope she's feeling better and it was a temporary thing. The next step is a
>barium series of x-rays to see if there's something that isn't showing in the
>x-ray.

Purrs from here also. I can't imagine trying to explain to one of my
furballs that we're going to do a barium series. Still, I guess it's
better than trying to do a barium enema. I don't think even the most
laid back of my cats (Nipsy the Wuss) would stand, err, lie, er, sit,
for that. There would certainly be bloodshed on the part of the vet.

alisont via CatKB.com
March 26th 08, 12:48 PM
I think with this vet there would be anesthesia involved. Tigger is
generally very laid back but when she doesn't want to do something she can be
very stubborn. Like taking a pill.... I went yesterday to the very
exclusive pharmacy here and picked up Tigger's medicine that was specially
made in liquid form. It's even chicken flavored. I figured out the trick.
I get the medicine ready and get on the floor with Tigger like I do when I'm
going to give her medicine. Then when she opens her mouth to say "oh no
you're not" I squirt it in really quickly.

At any rate she seems almost herself today and didn't throw up at all
yesterday.Whew....she had me worried.

Thanks everyone for the purrs.

--
http://www.serenityscenes.com/

Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200803/1

22brix
March 26th 08, 02:12 PM
"alisont via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

snipped
>
> At any rate she seems almost herself today and didn't throw up at all
> yesterday.Whew....she had me worried.
>
> Thanks everyone for the purrs.
>
> --
> http://www.serenityscenes.com/
>
> Message posted via CatKB.com
> http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200803/1
>

I am so glad she's felling better! It's always so worrisome when they are
sick. Here's to rapid healing and a less worried cat mom!

Bonnie

PS Your photography is lovely--very evocative.

cybercat
March 26th 08, 03:24 PM
"alisont via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Then when she opens her mouth to say "oh no
> you're not" I squirt it in really quickly.

lol! Mine talk to me too.


>
> At any rate she seems almost herself today and didn't throw up at all
> yesterday.Whew....she had me worried.

Excellent.

Sheelagh>\o\
March 26th 08, 05:32 PM
On Mar 24, 12:41*pm, "alisont" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Tigger had been throwing up a little more than usual (every couple days) and
> we thought we had it traced to her drinking water in the shower and getting
> soap but yesterday she started throwing up all day and couldn't keep anything
> down. *I called the emergency vet last night and they said to pull food and
> water for awhile to see if it helped but she could wait until morning. *I
> gave her a couple treats this morning and she threw them right up. *I thought
> the vet opened at 7 but they don't open until 9. *She's getting up in years
> (13) so she's not usually very active but she's very quiet this morning. *I'm
> very worried about her. *Purrs please that it isn't anything serious.
>
> --http://www.serenityscenes.com/

Purrs en-route
Regards,
Sheelagh >"o"<

Sheelagh>\o\
March 26th 08, 08:36 PM
On Mar 26, 8:23*pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> "Sheelagh>"o"<" > wrote in message
>
> ...
> On Mar 24, 12:41 pm, "alisont" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > Tigger had been throwing up a little more than usual (every couple days)
> > and
> > we thought we had it traced to her drinking water in the shower and
> > getting
> > soap but yesterday she started throwing up all day and couldn't keep
> > anything
> > down. I called the emergency vet last night and they said to pull food and
> > water for awhile to see if it helped but she could wait until morning. I
> > gave her a couple treats this morning and she threw them right up. I
> > thought
> > the vet opened at 7 but they don't open until 9. She's getting up in years
> > (13) so she's not usually very active but she's very quiet this morning.
> > I'm
> > very worried about her. Purrs please that it isn't anything serious.
>
> > --http://www.serenityscenes.com/
>
> Purrs en-route
> Regards,
> Sheelagh >"o"<
>
> Been worried about you I got the email *the little one is gorgeous
>
> How are you doing- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Much Much better thank you :o)

I'm glad it reached you. You might find another one if you look now. I
sent one earlier this afternoon. I'm in remission, so that is the best
news I could wish for.
(en-route, I was trying my french out lol. Still needs quite a bit of
polishing, huh?)
Sheelagh >"o"<