PDA

View Full Version : Icarus Recovering

Cat Protector
March 27th 08, 03:11 AM
I thought I'd give everyone an update. I've been checking on Icarus every
day and not had too much opportunity to visit him because I didn't want to
interfere too much with the vet. Before I left the vet on Sunday, I left my
jacket with him so he had my scent and hopefully make him more comfortable.
He's very hostile at the vet and let's them know he doesn't like being
there. Regardless, on Monday I did visit with him for about 5-10 minutes and
asked about his canned diet being a bit more nutritional and finding
something that didn't have too much fiber in it. Yesterday, when I stopped
by the vet they were busy but they had pilled him and force fed him. I
didn't get to visit with Icarus though.

Today, the vet said that he's eating on his own and producing urine. He
still has the cone on his head but seems to be doing much better. There is
also a possibility that he might be coming home tomorrow. They said that
they'll be removing the catheter and if he urinates in the litterbox
normally then he'll be ready to come home. This has put a strain on me
financially but he's worth it. I really miss him and so does Isis, but she's
also enjoying the fact that she has me all to herself right now.

mc
March 27th 08, 03:40 AM
On Mar 26, 10:22 pm, "cindys" > wrote:
> This is wonderful news. I hope you will all be reunited soon. Purrs for
> Icarus' continued recovery.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

Good Luck ;-) This is good news ;-)

blkcatgal
March 27th 08, 03:49 AM
I hope Icarus is feeling better soon and is home with you soon. Keep us
posted.

S.
---
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>I thought I'd give everyone an update. I've been checking on Icarus every
>day and not had too much opportunity to visit him because I didn't want to
>interfere too much with the vet. Before I left the vet on Sunday, I left my
>jacket with him so he had my scent and hopefully make him more comfortable.
>He's very hostile at the vet and let's them know he doesn't like being
>there. Regardless, on Monday I did visit with him for about 5-10 minutes
>and asked about his canned diet being a bit more nutritional and finding
>something that didn't have too much fiber in it. Yesterday, when I stopped
>by the vet they were busy but they had pilled him and force fed him. I
>didn't get to visit with Icarus though.
>
> Today, the vet said that he's eating on his own and producing urine. He
> still has the cone on his head but seems to be doing much better. There is
> also a possibility that he might be coming home tomorrow. They said that
> they'll be removing the catheter and if he urinates in the litterbox
> normally then he'll be ready to come home. This has put a strain on me
> financially but he's worth it. I really miss him and so does Isis, but
> she's also enjoying the fact that she has me all to herself right now.

Cat Protector
March 27th 08, 04:06 AM
Thanks. I miss having my Icarus fix.

"mc" > wrote in message
> Good Luck ;-) This is good news ;-)

Cat Protector
March 27th 08, 04:07 AM
Thanks and I will. I doubt my jacket smells anything like me now. It
probably will need some good washing.

"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
. ..
>I hope Icarus is feeling better soon and is home with you soon. Keep us
>posted.
>
> S.

cybercat
March 27th 08, 04:47 AM
"> "Cat Protector" > wrote
>> Today, the vet said that he's eating on his own and producing urine. He
>> still has the cone on his head but seems to be doing much better. There
>> is also a possibility that he might be coming home tomorrow. They said
>> that they'll be removing the catheter and if he urinates in the litterbox
>> normally then he'll be ready to come home.

Fantastic, CP! I know it has been hard on all of you.

Cat Protector
March 27th 08, 05:48 AM
Thanks Cyber. Yes, it has been rough especially financially. Icarus is worth
it.

"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .
> Fantastic, CP! I know it has been hard on all of you.

CatNipped[_2_]
March 27th 08, 12:52 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>I thought I'd give everyone an update. I've been checking on Icarus every
>day and not had too much opportunity to visit him because I didn't want to
>interfere too much with the vet. Before I left the vet on Sunday, I left my
>jacket with him so he had my scent and hopefully make him more comfortable.
>He's very hostile at the vet and let's them know he doesn't like being
>there. Regardless, on Monday I did visit with him for about 5-10 minutes
>and asked about his canned diet being a bit more nutritional and finding
>something that didn't have too much fiber in it. Yesterday, when I stopped
>by the vet they were busy but they had pilled him and force fed him. I
>didn't get to visit with Icarus though.
>
> Today, the vet said that he's eating on his own and producing urine. He
> still has the cone on his head but seems to be doing much better. There is
> also a possibility that he might be coming home tomorrow. They said that
> they'll be removing the catheter and if he urinates in the litterbox
> normally then he'll be ready to come home. This has put a strain on me
> financially but he's worth it. I really miss him and so does Isis, but
> she's also enjoying the fact that she has me all to herself right now.

I'm so glad Icarus is doing better, we've been purring for his recovery and
will continue to do so. Let us know when your unhappy little camper gets
home again.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Cat Protector
March 27th 08, 02:10 PM
Thanks. I will.

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> I'm so glad Icarus is doing better, we've been purring for his recovery
> and will continue to do so. Let us know when your unhappy little camper
> gets home again.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Sheelagh>\o\
March 28th 08, 05:07 PM
On Mar 27, 3:11*am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I thought I'd give everyone an update. I've been checking on Icarus every
> day and not had too much opportunity to visit him because I didn't want to
> interfere too much with the vet. Before I left the vet on Sunday, I left my
> jacket with him so he had my scent and hopefully make him more comfortable..
> He's very hostile at the vet and let's them know he doesn't like being
> there. Regardless, on Monday I did visit with him for about 5-10 minutes and
> asked about his canned diet being a bit more nutritional and finding
> something that didn't have too much fiber in it. Yesterday, when I stopped
> by the vet they were busy but they had pilled him and force fed him. I
> didn't get to visit with Icarus though.
>
> Today, the vet said that he's eating on his own and producing urine. He
> still has the cone on his head but seems to be doing much better. There is
> also a possibility that he might be coming home tomorrow. They said that
> they'll be removing the catheter and if he urinates in the litterbox
> normally then he'll be ready to come home. This has put a strain on me
> financially but he's worth it. I really miss him and so does Isis, but she's
> also enjoying the fact that she has me all to herself right now.

Wonderful News Indeed.
<Big Smile this end>

I know how you feel though! It's no fun @ all when your feline family
are ill. A constant worry, hard on the wallet, & makes us all grummble
because we all hate baked beans for months on end, LOL- but worth
every penny/cent! I'm delighted to hear there has been some
improvement, & hopefully, by the time you read this post, his catheter
might be out, & with any luck @ all, he might be home with you?
Poor poor Icarus. she has had a rough time recently.

( it might also be worth mentioning, that illness it takes it's own
toll out of the slave concerned too. Take time out for you sometime
too- I'm sure that is what Icarus would want you do!)
Continued Purrs of comfort & reassurance,
Sheelagh >"o"<

Cat Protector
March 28th 08, 05:22 PM
Thanks Sheelagh. I thought he'd be coming back home yesterday. I never got a
call from the vet and I know they get busy. Perhaps today they'll call me
and let me know if he can come home. Yes, this has taken a toll on me. I'm
trying to stay positive though.

"Sheelagh>"o"<" > wrote in message
On Mar 27, 3:11 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
Wonderful News Indeed.
<Big Smile this end>

I know how you feel though! It's no fun @ all when your feline family
are ill. A constant worry, hard on the wallet, & makes us all grummble
because we all hate baked beans for months on end, LOL- but worth
every penny/cent! I'm delighted to hear there has been some
improvement, & hopefully, by the time you read this post, his catheter
might be out, & with any luck @ all, he might be home with you?
Poor poor Icarus. she has had a rough time recently.

( it might also be worth mentioning, that illness it takes it's own
toll out of the slave concerned too. Take time out for you sometime
too- I'm sure that is what Icarus would want you do!)
Continued Purrs of comfort & reassurance,
Sheelagh >"o"<

Cat Protector
March 28th 08, 06:50 PM
I just got a call from the vet. Icarus has taken a slight turn for the
worst. The vet says that his catheter became blocked and they had to expel
the urine manually. He said that he's never before seen a catheter become
blocked. The PU surgery is an option but I pretty much have no money to pay
for it if I have to have a surgeon do it. The vet says that it's possible he
has spasms of the bladder so I'm getting a call from Diamondback Drugs to
get the medication for this. I have no clue what else I'm going to do here.
I don't want to have to put Icarus to sleep simply because of money. I hate
to lose him.

mc
March 28th 08, 11:20 PM
On Mar 28, 1:50 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I just got a call from the vet. Icarus has taken a slight turn for the
> worst. The vet says that his catheter became blocked and they had to expel
> the urine manually. He said that he's never before seen a catheter become
> blocked. The PU surgery is an option but I pretty much have no money to pay
> for it if I have to have a surgeon do it. The vet says that it's possible he
> has spasms of the bladder so I'm getting a call from Diamondback Drugs to
> get the medication for this. I have no clue what else I'm going to do here.
> I don't want to have to put Icarus to sleep simply because of money. I hate
> to lose him.

CP,

I am so sorry. Please don't put Icarus down for financial reasons,
although I truly understand the finances part of it. I understand if
putting him down is truly what you must do, but I would encourage you
to consider every other option first. I truly, truly sympathise with
you on that issue. Only you can decide if you must go with trying to
pay for the surgery or put him down.

I had just lost my job when Max started having his issues with the
urine crystals. Additionally, within a month or two of taking him in,
he was already in need of the surgery! I had gotten him from a friend
and he began showing signs of distress within just a day or two of me
bringing him into my house. Sometimes I wonder if my "friend" gave him
to me because she suspected a problem, but there are too many
variables in this to be sure, and urine crystals can crop up within
24-48 hours... it can become a problem that quickly... So I will never
know for sure unless she fesses up - and she won't. Bickering about it
certainly won't do me any good!

Believe me, my husband and I had to do some serious thinking... did we
really want to put a couple of thousand dollars into Max? But Max is
such a hoot and such a joy to us... we found it in our hearts to
somehow, some way make this work. And of course, our veterinarian also
worked with us. I really feel that the vet did the whole thing for us
for nearly cost. Dr. Nauta contributes and helps out with rescues and
so I guess he felt we were a worthy enough cause. He is truly an
animal lover. I cannot say enough good things about my veterinarian.

My whole thing is that I feel that when I get back on top of things
financially that I would like donate the difference +++ to my vets
office, because they truly have gone above and beyond. And a donation
would only be helping others who are in my predicament.

Believe me, there is not much money in our household. We were a family
used to having money. My husband and I did very well for quite a
number years. And then he became disabled - he was diagnosed with MS
in 1999 and ever since things have been quite a struggle for us. That
is when everything started what I refer to as the "downward spiral".

No one, and I mean no one understands.

All I am saying is that I know you love Icarus. I know financially you
are strapped because of all of this... But Icarus did not ask to have
this condition.

You have to do what you have to do. Whatever you decide, it is your
decision to make.

My thoughts are purrs go with you ;-)

Melissa

blkcatgal
March 29th 08, 12:05 AM
CP, I'm sorry to hear Icarus is still having problems. Talk with your
veterinarian. Hopefully he will be understanding enough to help you out
here and maybe offer a payment plan of some sort.

S.
---
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>I just got a call from the vet. Icarus has taken a slight turn for the
>worst. The vet says that his catheter became blocked and they had to expel
>the urine manually. He said that he's never before seen a catheter become
>blocked. The PU surgery is an option but I pretty much have no money to pay
>for it if I have to have a surgeon do it. The vet says that it's possible
>he has spasms of the bladder so I'm getting a call from Diamondback Drugs
>to get the medication for this. I have no clue what else I'm going to do
>here. I don't want to have to put Icarus to sleep simply because of money.
>I hate to lose him.

Cat Protector
March 29th 08, 01:51 AM
Thanks. I don't want to put Icarus down for financial reasons and it never
crossed my mind but I have to wonder if there's a surgeon who will do the PU
surgery and I can pay them back via a payment plan?

Dr. Pruitt (Icarus's doctor) actually mentioned that the problem might be a
bladder spasm which may have caused his catheter to get blocked so we're
trying a drug that supposedly relaxes his muscles and everything so he can
pee. Apparently it's like an anti-inflammatory or something.

"mc" > wrote in message
> [...]
> financially that I would like donate the difference +++ to my vets
> office, because they truly have gone above and beyond. And a donation
> would only be helping others who are in my predicament.
>
> Believe me, there is not much money in our household. We were a family
> used to having money. My husband and I did very well for quite a
> number years. And then he became disabled - he was diagnosed with MS
> in 1999 and ever since things have been quite a struggle for us. That
> is when everything started what I refer to as the "downward spiral".
>
> No one, and I mean no one understands.
>
> All I am saying is that I know you love Icarus. I know financially you
> are strapped because of all of this... But Icarus did not ask to have
> this condition.
>
> You have to do what you have to do. Whatever you decide, it is your

Cat Protector
March 29th 08, 01:52 AM
I'm already on a payment plan with the vet. I just don't know if a surgeon
who does PU surgeory (if Icarus needs it) would be so helpful.

"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
. ..
> CP, I'm sorry to hear Icarus is still having problems. Talk with your
> veterinarian. Hopefully he will be understanding enough to help you out
> here and maybe offer a payment plan of some sort.
>
> S.
> --
> **Visit me and my cats at http://www.island-cats.com/ **
> ---
> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>>I just got a call from the vet. Icarus has taken a slight turn for the
>>worst. The vet says that his catheter became blocked and they had to expel
>>the urine manually. He said that he's never before seen a catheter become
>>blocked. The PU surgery is an option but I pretty much have no money to
>>pay for it if I have to have a surgeon do it. The vet says that it's
>>possible he has spasms of the bladder so I'm getting a call from
>>Diamondback Drugs to get the medication for this. I have no clue what else
>>I'm going to do here. I don't want to have to put Icarus to sleep simply
>>because of money. I hate to lose him.

mc
March 29th 08, 02:41 AM
<<< Thanks. I don't want to put Icarus down for financial reasons and
it never
crossed my mind but I have to wonder if there's a surgeon who will do
the PU
surgery and I can pay them back via a payment plan?

I apologize if I wasn't clear. I thought it was pretty
straightforward.

Max had "the surgery" within 3 months of us taking him in.

Our vet was happy to cut the cost of the surgery to quite a degree and
then was also willing to accept payment arrangements.

Believe you me; I only offer this information to you to get you to see
that 1) You are not alone, and 2) Most likely, if your vet is as good
as you seem to think, he/she may very well be willing to work out
arrangements with you, and may even be willing to cut the cost
somewhat.

You cannot count on that however; veterinarians work with enough dead
beats as to cause them to have some reservations about working with
people who may or may not pay their bills. Perfectly understandable.

You have already established a relationship of trust with your vet
which puts you ahead somewhat.

Of course, whether or not your vet is willing to work with you will be
dependent upon your attutude and what you believe you can accomplish.

Lets face it, all you can do is try.

Please do let us know the outcome.

Cat Protector
March 29th 08, 02:54 AM
I'm already on a payment plan with the vet but he's never done a PU which is
why a surgeon would be brought in. I just don't know if the surgeon would be
willing to do a payment plan.

"mc" > wrote in message
> <<< Thanks. I don't want to put Icarus down for financial reasons and
> it never
> crossed my mind but I have to wonder if there's a surgeon who will do
> the PU
> surgery and I can pay them back via a payment plan?
>>>>>

> I apologize if I wasn't clear. I thought it was pretty
> straightforward.
>
> Max had "the surgery" within 3 months of us taking him in.
>
> Our vet was happy to cut the cost of the surgery to quite a degree and
> then was also willing to accept payment arrangements.
>
> Believe you me; I only offer this information to you to get you to see
> that 1) You are not alone, and 2) Most likely, if your vet is as good
> as you seem to think, he/she may very well be willing to work out
> arrangements with you, and may even be willing to cut the cost
> somewhat.
>
> You cannot count on that however; veterinarians work with enough dead
> beats as to cause them to have some reservations about working with
> people who may or may not pay their bills. Perfectly understandable.
>
> You have already established a relationship of trust with your vet
> which puts you ahead somewhat.
>
> Of course, whether or not your vet is willing to work with you will be
> dependent upon your attutude and what you believe you can accomplish.
>
> Lets face it, all you can do is try.
>
> Please do let us know the outcome.

-mhd[_2_]
March 29th 08, 03:43 AM
"Cat Protector" > wrote:

>I'm already on a payment plan with the vet but he's never done a PU which is
>why a surgeon would be brought in. I just don't know if the surgeon would be
>willing to do a payment plan.

If the surgeon is "brought in" then the billing may still be through
your vet and your vet will pay the surgeon.

-mhd

mc
March 29th 08, 04:27 AM
On Mar 28, 10:43 pm, -mhd > wrote:
> "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> >I'm already on a payment plan with the vet but he's never done a PU which is
> >why a surgeon would be brought in. I just don't know if the surgeon would be
> >willing to do a payment plan.
>
> If the surgeon is "brought in" then the billing may still be through
> your vet and your vet will pay the surgeon.
>
> -mhd

You can at least try. That is the least you can do.

If the surgeon in question is not willing you can always call around
and find someone who is. Your own veterinarian, understanding the
situation as it is, would very likely give you a good reference...
believe me, these folks know one another... It is worth a try anyway,
but the choice is ultimately yours.

I know there are also ways to apply for credit... if you have OK
credit, then you may be able to apply for a line of credit if that is
what you choose to do. Most vets will offer this service as well.

The choice is yours... and only you have those answers.

Thanks,
Melissa

Cat Protector
March 29th 08, 07:03 PM
I know. I talked to the vet today and Icarus is in fair condition which is a
bit better than yesterday. I'm going to visit him in a bit and see if my
being there will help him recover. Thanks to everyone who cared so much to
send their thoughts and prayers. It means a lot.

"mc" > wrote in message
> On Mar 28, 10:43 pm, -mhd > wrote:
>> "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>> >I'm already on a payment plan with the vet but he's never done a PU
>> >which is
>> >why a surgeon would be brought in. I just don't know if the surgeon
>> >would be
>> >willing to do a payment plan.
>>
>> If the surgeon is "brought in" then the billing may still be through
>> your vet and your vet will pay the surgeon.
>>
>> -mhd
>

> You can at least try. That is the least you can do.
>
> If the surgeon in question is not willing you can always call around
> and find someone who is. Your own veterinarian, understanding the
> situation as it is, would very likely give you a good reference...
> believe me, these folks know one another... It is worth a try anyway,
> but the choice is ultimately yours.
>
> I know there are also ways to apply for credit... if you have OK
> credit, then you may be able to apply for a line of credit if that is
> what you choose to do. Most vets will offer this service as well.
>
> The choice is yours... and only you have those answers.
>
> Thanks,
> Melissa

Cat Protector
March 30th 08, 05:27 AM
I got visit Icarus today and he was pretty much in fair condition. He was
happy to see me but still a bit out of it. The vet said there was a moment
yesterday when he though Icarus was going to check out which provided a bit
of a scare. Today Icarus was given food via a syringe and once again had to
have his bladder emptied. Dr. Pruitt also inserted a syringe in the catheter
to pull out the urine. The tube was dripping. Icarus was also given the
medication I had to pick up yesterday for bladder spasms. The pathologist
told my vet that Icarus will have to be on canned SD from now on and nothing
else and that some intensive fluid therapy is in order. Basically, keep
clearing the catheter and then break up the crystals with a thorough flush
of saline. I'll be going back to the vet tomorrow morning and being with
Icarus because the vet feels that my being there might help his recovery.

Sheelagh>\o\
March 30th 08, 01:11 PM
On Mar 30, 5:27*am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I got visit Icarus today and he was pretty much in fair condition. He was
> happy to see me but still a bit out of it. The vet said there was a moment
> yesterday when he though Icarus was going to check out which provided a bit
> of a scare. Today Icarus was given food via a syringe and once again had to
> have his bladder emptied. Dr. Pruitt also inserted a syringe in the catheter
> to pull out the urine. The tube was dripping. Icarus was also given the
> medication I had to pick up yesterday for bladder spasms. The pathologist
> told my vet that Icarus will have to be on canned SD from now on and nothing
> else and that some intensive fluid therapy is in order. Basically, keep
> clearing the catheter and then break up the crystals with a thorough flush
> of saline. I'll be going back to the vet tomorrow morning and being with
> Icarus because the vet feels that my being there might help his recovery.

Continued Warm Regards & Best wishes for both you & Icarus.
A sritch & tickle behind the left ear should do the trick :o)
Sheelagh >"o"<
PS: Thank you for keeping us updated

Cat Protector
March 30th 08, 04:34 PM
Thanks Sheelagh. I will be visiting him again today. It's been a week now
and he's still there.

"Sheelagh>"o"<" > wrote in message
Continued Warm Regards & Best wishes for both you & Icarus.
A sritch & tickle behind the left ear should do the trick :o)
Sheelagh >"o"<
PS: Thank you for keeping us updated

blkcatgal
March 30th 08, 04:34 PM
CP, I'm sorry that Icarus is still having problems. Continued good thoughts
and healing purrs are coming his way.

S.
---
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>I got visit Icarus today and he was pretty much in fair condition. He was
>happy to see me but still a bit out of it. The vet said there was a moment
>yesterday when he though Icarus was going to check out which provided a bit
>of a scare. Today Icarus was given food via a syringe and once again had to
>have his bladder emptied. Dr. Pruitt also inserted a syringe in the
>catheter to pull out the urine. The tube was dripping. Icarus was also
>given the medication I had to pick up yesterday for bladder spasms. The
>pathologist told my vet that Icarus will have to be on canned SD from now
>on and nothing else and that some intensive fluid therapy is in order.
>Basically, keep clearing the catheter and then break up the crystals with a
>thorough flush of saline. I'll be going back to the vet tomorrow morning
>and being with Icarus because the vet feels that my being there might help
>his recovery.

Cat Protector
March 30th 08, 04:40 PM
Thanks.

"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
. ..
> CP, I'm sorry that Icarus is still having problems. Continued good
> thoughts and healing purrs are coming his way.
>
> S.
> --
> **Visit me and my cats at http://www.island-cats.com/ **
> ---
> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>>I got visit Icarus today and he was pretty much in fair condition. He was
>>happy to see me but still a bit out of it. The vet said there was a moment
>>yesterday when he though Icarus was going to check out which provided a
>>bit of a scare. Today Icarus was given food via a syringe and once again
>>had to have his bladder emptied. Dr. Pruitt also inserted a syringe in the
>>catheter to pull out the urine. The tube was dripping. Icarus was also
>>given the medication I had to pick up yesterday for bladder spasms. The
>>pathologist told my vet that Icarus will have to be on canned SD from now
>>on and nothing else and that some intensive fluid therapy is in order.
>>Basically, keep clearing the catheter and then break up the crystals with
>>a thorough flush of saline. I'll be going back to the vet tomorrow morning
>>and being with Icarus because the vet feels that my being there might help
>>his recovery.

Rene S.
March 31st 08, 05:08 PM
> If the surgeon in question is not willing you can always call around
> and find someone who is. Your own veterinarian, understanding the
> situation as it is, would very likely give you a good reference...
> believe me, these folks know one another... It is worth a try anyway,
> but the choice is ultimately yours.
>
> I know there are also ways to apply for credit... if *you have OK
> credit, then you may be able to apply for a line of credit if that is
> what you choose to do. Most vets will offer this service as well.

When my Tucker had pancreatitis and was in and out of the emergency
hospital, the bills were approaching several thousand dollars. I
decided to take on a temporary second job for extra income. This could
be an option for you, as well as selling on eBay, craigslist, or
another online place. Since then, I have established a pets-only
savings account. Money is deposited each week into the account via
direct deposit. I know it could be quickly wiped out in an emergency,
but it's at least a small cushion for the future. Just some options to
think about for now and down the road.

Cat Protector
March 31st 08, 09:54 PM
I thought of that but I've tried to do that in the past but because I'm self
employed and work in the computer field, I think some of these $10 an hour
employers are probably afraid of me leaving them. I seem to get no response
when I apply for part-time jobs. I may not need the surgery at this point
because Icarus seems to be improving.

"Rene S." > wrote in message

When my Tucker had pancreatitis and was in and out of the emergency
hospital, the bills were approaching several thousand dollars. I
decided to take on a temporary second job for extra income. This could
be an option for you, as well as selling on eBay, craigslist, or
another online place. Since then, I have established a pets-only
savings account. Money is deposited each week into the account via
direct deposit. I know it could be quickly wiped out in an emergency,
but it's at least a small cushion for the future. Just some options to
think about for now and down the road.

Cat Protector
March 31st 08, 09:57 PM
I just saw Icarus last night and he's in better shape today than he was
yesterday. He saw and heard me and gave a meow and was purring and crawling
on me when his cage door was opened. This all lasted until we had to put him
up on the table and the vet did his thing. Icarus was given his meds, and
Dr. Pruitt checked his bladder, fed him via a syringe, and of course pilled
him. Icarus took it a lot better this time. The catheter is also dripping on
its own and Icarus has received plenty of IV fluids. The vet said he should
be overhydrated. After all the work was done the cone was put back on his
head and the vet put some water and a litterbox in the cage and then put
Icarus in there. Icarus isn't a happy camper but looks to be much improved
than he was over previous two days.

blkcatgal
April 1st 08, 12:51 AM
That is good news, CP. Hope Icarus continues to improve.

S.
---
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>I just saw Icarus last night and he's in better shape today than he was
>yesterday. He saw and heard me and gave a meow and was purring and crawling
>on me when his cage door was opened. This all lasted until we had to put
>him up on the table and the vet did his thing. Icarus was given his meds,
>and Dr. Pruitt checked his bladder, fed him via a syringe, and of course
>pilled him. Icarus took it a lot better this time. The catheter is also
>dripping on its own and Icarus has received plenty of IV fluids. The vet
>said he should be overhydrated. After all the work was done the cone was
>put back on his head and the vet put some water and a litterbox in the cage
>and then put Icarus in there. Icarus isn't a happy camper but looks to be
>much improved than he was over previous two days.

Cat Protector
April 1st 08, 02:05 AM
I talked to the vet again today and he now has the catheter out and Icarus
is producing urine and emptying his bladder. If all goes well he'll most
likely be cleared to come home tomorrow. It would be a great birthday gift
for me as my day is on Wednesday.

"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
. ..
> That is good news, CP. Hope Icarus continues to improve.
>
> S.
> --
> **Visit me and my cats at http://www.island-cats.com/ **
> ---
> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>>I just saw Icarus last night and he's in better shape today than he was
>>yesterday. He saw and heard me and gave a meow and was purring and
>>crawling on me when his cage door was opened. This all lasted until we had
>>to put him up on the table and the vet did his thing. Icarus was given his
>>meds, and Dr. Pruitt checked his bladder, fed him via a syringe, and of
>>course pilled him. Icarus took it a lot better this time. The catheter is
>>also dripping on its own and Icarus has received plenty of IV fluids. The
>>vet said he should be overhydrated. After all the work was done the cone
>>was put back on his head and the vet put some water and a litterbox in the
>>cage and then put Icarus in there. Icarus isn't a happy camper but looks
>>to be much improved than he was over previous two days.

Cat Protector
April 2nd 08, 05:26 AM
I visited Icarus today and he's doing much better. The vet says he's eating
all his food and producing urine. The vet says that if all things check out
he'll be released to go home tomorrow. It'll be the perfect birthday present
for me.

22brix
April 2nd 08, 02:49 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>I visited Icarus today and he's doing much better. The vet says he's eating
>all his food and producing urine. The vet says that if all things check out
>he'll be released to go home tomorrow. It'll be the perfect birthday
>present for me.

Happy Birthday, CP and hoping that Icarus can come home and help you
celebrate!!

Bonnie

Cat Protector
April 2nd 08, 03:34 PM
Thanks. The only present I wanted was for him to be home with us.

"22brix" > wrote in message
news:xtCdnaCb9NttE27anZ2dnUVZ_tWtnZ2d@pacificinter net...

> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>>I visited Icarus today and he's doing much better. The vet says he's
>>eating all his food and producing urine. The vet says that if all things
>>check out he'll be released to go home tomorrow. It'll be the perfect
>>birthday present for me.
>>

> Happy Birthday, CP and hoping that Icarus can come home and help you
> celebrate!!
>
> Bonnie

cybercat
April 2nd 08, 08:26 PM
"22brix" > wrote in message
news:xtCdnaCb9NttE27anZ2dnUVZ_tWtnZ2d@pacificinter net...

> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
>>I visited Icarus today and he's doing much better. The vet says he's
>>eating all his food and producing urine. The vet says that if all things
>>check out he'll be released to go home tomorrow. It'll be the perfect
>>birthday present for me.
>>

> Happy Birthday, CP and hoping that Icarus can come home and help you
> celebrate!!

Absolutely! Hope you both have a great day.

Cat Protector
April 2nd 08, 09:15 PM
Thanks. I'm absolutely anxious for him to come home.

"cybercat" > wrote in message
> Absolutely! Hope you both have a great day.

Sheelagh>\o\
April 6th 08, 03:57 PM
On Mar 31, 9:57*pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I just saw Icarus last night and he's in better shape today than he was
> yesterday. He saw and heard me and gave a meow and was purring and crawling
> on me when his cage door was opened. This all lasted until we had to put him
> up on the table and the vet did his thing. Icarus was given his meds, and
> Dr. Pruitt checked his bladder, fed him via a syringe, and of course pilled
> him. Icarus took it a lot better this time. The catheter is also dripping on
> its own and Icarus has received plenty of IV fluids. The vet said he should
> be overhydrated. After all the work was done the cone was put back on his
> head and the vet put some water and a litterbox in the cage and then put
> Icarus in there. Icarus isn't a happy camper but looks to be much improved
> than he was over previous two days.

Fantastic news. It's all going in the right direction.
Best Wishe's, & Leg Rub's Purr's en route,
Sheelagh

Cat Protector
April 6th 08, 05:22 PM
Actually, Icarus is home now and recovering. He's producing urine but not
really crazy about eating this morning. I had to add tuna water to his food.
I guess when he gets hungry enough he'll eat without too much coaxing.