PDA

View Full Version : Rough morning

dabanana1
April 1st 08, 03:51 AM
So I awoke this morning at 6:00 am to Lucky meowing and scratching at my door
and the surrounding carpet to my bedroom. He does this every morning and this
is his way of telling me that he is ready for breakfast. (however, never THIS
early). I am not to keen on this though. He can't sleep in my bedroom ( which
I would love, cause I am sure everyone knows how relaxing a sleeping cat is),
since I am allergic to cats, so I have to close my door. I have tried
everything to get him to stop. I have put a scratching toy there for him to
use, but he scratches that for a minute, then to the carpet he goes. I have
tried taping foil to the carpet where he scratches, but all he does is rip it
up. I just recently put a bath mat in the doorway but he pushes that out of
the way too. He is destroying the carpet in this area. Not only is it
irritating in the morning, but I live in an apartment and I don't want them
to make me pay for the carpet because of this. ( I told them I had no pets
when I moved in, therefore paid no pet deposit). I just can't figure out
what to do to get him to stop. Any new ideas will most definitely be tried
and I will report back on what happens.

The rest of this is just venting, you don't really have to read this if you
don't want to.

SO after I was awoken at 6:30 and tried to get Lucky to stop. I
decided I would post something on this site to see if anyone had any ideas.
Well, as Luck has it (pun intended), I could not get online. So I called my
internet provider thinking maybe a line was down due to the heavy rain we had
over night. They troubleshoot some things and say that it is my router and I
need to call the company who makes it and work with them.
So, I call the router company. I have called them for some issues
before and I knew what to expect, but I was still grumpy to hear them speak.
Trust me I have no issues with Indian people, (except maybe this), but I hear
the womens voice and I just know how this conversation is going to go. I
won't understand her, and will constantly be saying "what?", she will take me
through the troubleshooting process, in which when I respond to things she
may or may not understand me, and we may or may not find a resolve. Well that
is what happened, but what is more troublesome about this is that they read
off of a teleprompter type thing, or so it sounds like, so there is no
genuine concern or sympathy. I am not one to cry for sympathy, but at least
show some real human emotions. It is like they are robots, with only one goal
in mind, and that is to irritate the [email protected]#$ out of us, then get us off the
phone. By the end of the conversation, I was happy to end it, even though
they told me that the problem was with my modem and I needed to call my
internet provider (again).
Anyways, I am just venting cause every time I call this particular
company it is the same scenario. I am not going to say that they aren't
helpful, cause normally together we get the issue resolved, but man can't I
speak with someone who speaks and understands English well? Is that to much
to ask for? I am all for learning new languages, in fact I want to be fluent
in another language, but when I call for assistance the last thing I want to
do is struggle with the language barrier.
The resolution: I ended up calling my internet provider back and the
man on the phone did some troubleshooting. He spoke perfect English (maybe a
little southern drawl), and he showed emotion when he couldn't fix the
problem. He was like "I don't know what else it could be" "I wish I could
figure out the problem". You could actually hear the frustration in his voice
that he couldn't help, and that was so refreshing to me. Anyways, he said he
would send someone out between ten and twelve today. I decided I had two
hours so I would try to go back to sleep, but of course as soon as I started
to drift off, Lucky started scratching at my door again ( I think this time
was out of boredom and he knew I was awake), then my phone rang and the
internet provider said the were running ahead of schedule today and he could
be here in 15 min. When does that ever happen, except on the day you want
them to show up at the end of the given time frame. Anyways, now I can laugh
at the whole morning, but I still haven't gotten back to sleep yet. I guess
Lucky loves that since I can pay more attention to him. LMAO

cshenk
April 1st 08, 05:00 AM
"dabanana1" wrote

> So I awoke this morning at 6:00 am to Lucky meowing and scratching at my
> door
> and the surrounding carpet to my bedroom. He does this every morning and
> this

(snip but LOL!)

Try putting down one of those sisal outdoor type doorstep things at your
door. Oh, best to fess up now and pay the pet deposit.

Normin
April 1st 08, 05:39 AM
"cshenk" > wrote in message

> "dabanana1" wrote
>
>> So I awoke this morning at 6:00 am to Lucky meowing and
>> scratching at my door
>> and the surrounding carpet to my bedroom. He does this every
>> morning and this
>
> (snip but LOL!)
>
> Try putting down one of those sisal outdoor type doorstep
> things at your door. Oh, best to fess up now and pay the pet
> deposit.

or a heavier, larger rubber-backed doormat/rug thingie maybe --
something harder to move. and/or spray that area with repellent?

so what was wrong with your internet connection? I just replaced
a router because I kept losing my conn....

Sara

dabanana1 via CatKB.com
April 1st 08, 02:25 PM
It ended up being my splitter. I bought one when I moved in here so that I
could have my tv and computer in the same room. Well the tech told me that
the one I bought was only able to send things out, but could not bring things
in, So, they replaced the splitter with one from their company and it works
fine. I am so happy it was that simple.