PDA

View Full Version : Menu Foods announces settlement

MaryL
April 2nd 08, 12:34 AM
Menu Foods Income Fund announced it has agreed to settle lawsuits with pet
owners. I'm skeptical of the process, and this can never make up for the
loss of all the cats and dogs that were sickened or died, but I'm glad to
see that there will be at least *some* level of accountability.

One point I noticed is that the company did not disclose how much the
settlements worth. The company said it expects its total costs associated
with the massive recall to be about $53.8 million. My guess is that the
company will try to greatly reduce compensation to individuals.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-04-01-pet-food_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

MaryL