PDA

View Full Version : Tom cat question

CatNipped[_2_]
April 6th 08, 12:15 AM
Does an adult tom cat's pee lose that strong odor once they're neutered?
The vet said Hunter is a year or a little over a year (he just started
getting "jowly"). Since he's had testosterone in his system his pee really
stinks (but thankfully he figured out how to use the litter box and isn't
spraying). He's going this Thursday to get the "big snip" - and I was just
wondering if the smell would leave once the last of the testosterone is out
of his system.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

blkcatgal
April 6th 08, 12:27 AM
From everything that I have read and heard....yes, the smell will not be as
bad once a tom is neutered. Tomcat urine smell is the worst!

S.
---

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Does an adult tom cat's pee lose that strong odor once they're neutered?
> The vet said Hunter is a year or a little over a year (he just started
> getting "jowly"). Since he's had testosterone in his system his pee
> really stinks (but thankfully he figured out how to use the litter box and
> isn't spraying). He's going this Thursday to get the "big snip" - and I
> was just wondering if the smell would leave once the last of the
> testosterone is out of his system.
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Rene S.
April 7th 08, 08:11 PM
Yes, once the hormones have cleared out of his system, the really
stinky urine will be gone. It might take a few weeks for hormones to
drop, but they will.