PDA

View Full Version : Why do they...

Ken[_4_]
April 16th 08, 04:02 PM
Put a piece of paper, magazine, newspaper, etc. on the floor and within
10 seconds there will be a cat sitting or lying on it. Why?

Ken

Spot[_2_]
April 16th 08, 05:11 PM
That's like trying to figure out why the biggest cat tries to squeeze into
the smallest box it can find to sleep in.

Celeste

"Ken" > wrote in message
> Put a piece of paper, magazine, newspaper, etc. on the floor and within
> 10 seconds there will be a cat sitting or lying on it. Why?
>
> Ken
>

> --
> "When you choose the lesser of two evils, always
> remember that it is still an evil." - Max Lerner

deja.blues[_4_]
April 22nd 08, 03:43 AM
"Ken" > wrote in message
> Put a piece of paper, magazine, newspaper, etc. on the floor and within
> 10 seconds there will be a cat sitting or lying on it. Why?

Because the cats think you will be reading it, and they want your attention.
Paper is warm, too.

capricious
April 22nd 08, 09:32 PM
On Apr 21, 7:43 pm, "deja.blues" > wrote:
> "Ken" > wrote in message

> > Put a piece of paper, magazine, newspaper, etc. on the floor and within
> > 10 seconds there will be a cat sitting or lying on it. Why?
>
> Because the cats think you will be reading it, and they want your attention.
> Paper is warm, too.

Agreed! My perception is that its kind of like "oh hey, you're on the
floor with me??? is it play time??? are you gonna pet me??!?" :)
You're on their level and they recognize that, so its natural for them
to expect your attention. I'm sure you don't make a habit of reading
your magazine on the ground :)