PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Glands!! HELP!

doneanddonner
April 19th 08, 10:52 PM
Hi! how are you? I am a new cat owner, we have 2 kittens (well they are about
10 months old now) and they both recently went to the vet at the same time to
get neutered!!! About 2 days after their surgery i noticed that one of that
cats had a swollen gland underneath his armpit.. the next day i checked both
of them again and they both had a swollen gland underneath each arm pit. I am
worried. Does anyone have an idea? Should i be worrying or is it something
that cats get? PLEASE HELP!
Steph

Noon Cat Nick
April 19th 08, 11:07 PM
doneanddonner wrote:
> Hi! how are you? I am a new cat owner, we have 2 kittens (well they are about
> 10 months old now) and they both recently went to the vet at the same time to
> get neutered!!! About 2 days after their surgery i noticed that one of that
> cats had a swollen gland underneath his armpit.. the next day i checked both
> of them again and they both had a swollen gland underneath each arm pit. I am
> worried. Does anyone have an idea? Should i be worrying or is it something
> that cats get? PLEASE HELP!
> Steph

It could well be some sort of an infection, be it viral, fungal or
parasitic. Whatever it is, it's not something that occurs after
neutering; its post-surgical manifestation is coincidental, ISTM. Best
take them back to the vet to get checked out. HTH.

doneanddonner
April 20th 08, 02:00 AM
Noon Cat Nick wrote:
>> Hi! how are you? I am a new cat owner, we have 2 kittens (well they are about
>> 10 months old now) and they both recently went to the vet at the same time to
>[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
>> that cats get? PLEASE HELP!
>> Steph
>
>It could well be some sort of an infection, be it viral, fungal or
>parasitic. Whatever it is, it's not something that occurs after
>neutering; its post-surgical manifestation is coincidental, ISTM. Best
>take them back to the vet to get checked out. HTH.

Thank you so much! You've been a great help!
I'll make an appointment for next week!
Cheers
Steph