PDA

View Full Version : Re: Suggestions for First Aid Kit

April 20th 08, 06:11 PM
Hello Chester's Mom,

On Apr 16, 1:07 pm, Chester's Mom >
wrote:
> Soon we will be relocating to the Phoenix area of Arizona.
> I want to be prepared in case Chester (about a 50 lb chow/
> lab mix) has an encounter with scorpions or rattlesnakes.

You'd be naive to think scorpions and rattlesnakes are the
greatest threat to your dog Chester. They're HARMLESS in the
face of your ignorance as to how to properly train Chester
to avoid ALL toxic critters like Coral Snakes, Gila Monsters,
Tarantula, Brown, and Black Widow spiders, toads, centipedes
and the wide variety of toxic critters and plants he'll likely
find in your house and backyward.

> What should I have on hand for emergency care before
> I can get him to the vet?

You can easily train Chester not to molest wildlife nor eat
toxic plants or even chew the infameous chicken bone if you
learn how to disabuse him of such nonsense.

> I've heard Benedryll works for humans
> in the event of a scorpion sting,

Scorpion stings are generally not deathly. Coral snakes
and Gila Monsters are probably the most toxic and readily
available dangers in the south / south west and unless you
actually SEE the bite you'd never know Chester had tangled
with a venomous animal as they do not have fangs which leave
marks.

> but is it advisable for emergency canine treatment?

It'll take you just a few minutes to teach Chester to
avoid molesting critters and eating toxic plants he's
got no business disturbing in the first place:

http://relinkz.com/Poison_Proofing

> Thanks in advance!

You're welcome~!

> --
> Chester's Mom

Supreme Magistrate,

mrsmaureen_mack
April 20th 08, 08:16 PM
On Apr 20, 1:11*pm, wrote:
> Hello Chester's Mom,
>
> On Apr 16, 1:07 pm, Chester's Mom >
> wrote:
>
> > Soon we will be relocating to the Phoenix area of Arizona.
> > I want to be prepared in case Chester (about a 50 lb chow/
> > lab mix) has an encounter with scorpions or rattlesnakes.
>
> You'd be naive to think scorpions and rattlesnakes are the
> greatest threat to your dog Chester. They're HARMLESS in the
> face of your ignorance as to how to properly train Chester
> to avoid ALL toxic critters like Coral Snakes, Gila Monsters,
> Tarantula, Brown, and Black Widow spiders, toads, centipedes
> and the wide variety of toxic critters and plants he'll likely
> find in your house and backyward.
>
> > What should I have on hand for emergency care before
> > I can get him to the vet?
>
> You can easily train Chester not to molest wildlife nor eat
> toxic plants or even chew the infameous chicken bone if you
> learn how to disabuse him of such nonsense.
>
> > I've heard Benedryll works for humans
> > in the event of a *scorpion sting,
>
> Scorpion stings are generally not deathly. Coral snakes
> and Gila Monsters are probably the most toxic and readily
> available dangers in the south / south west and unless you
> actually SEE the bite you'd never know Chester had tangled
> with a venomous animal as they do not have fangs which leave
> marks.
>
> > but is it advisable for emergency canine treatment?
>
> It'll take you just a few minutes to teach Chester to
> avoid molesting critters and eating toxic plants he's
> got no business disturbing in the first place:
>
> http://relinkz.com/Poison_Proofing
>
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> You're welcome~!
>
> > --
> > Chester's Mom
>
> Supreme Magistrate,

Sooooo....just what are you selling? Snake Oil???

April 20th 08, 09:25 PM
Hellow mrsmaureen_mack,

"mrsmaureen_mack" > wrote in message
On Apr 20, 1:11 pm, wrote:
>> Hello Chester's Mom,
>
>> On Apr 16, 1:07 pm, Chester's Mom >
>> wrote:
>
>> > Soon we will be relocating to the Phoenix area of Arizona.
>> > I want to be prepared in case Chester (about a 50 lb chow/
>> > lab mix) has an encounter with scorpions or rattlesnakes.
>
>> You'd be naive to think scorpions and rattlesnakes are the
>> greatest threat to your dog Chester. They're HARMLESS in the
>> face of your ignorance as to how to properly train Chester
>> to avoid ALL toxic critters like Coral Snakes, Gila Monsters,
>> Tarantula, Brown, and Black Widow spiders, toads, centipedes
>> and the wide variety of toxic critters and plants he'll likely
>> find in your house and backyward.
>
>> > What should I have on hand for emergency care before
>> > I can get him to the vet?
>
>> You can easily train Chester not to molest wildlife nor eat
>> toxic plants or even chew the infameous chicken bone if you
>> learn how to disabuse him of such nonsense.
>
>> > I've heard Benedryll works for humans
>> > in the event of a scorpion sting,
>
>> Scorpion stings are generally not deathly. Coral snakes
>> and Gila Monsters are probably the most toxic and readily
>> available dangers in the south / south west and unless you
>> actually SEE the bite you'd never know Chester had tangled
>> with a venomous animal as they do not have fangs which leave
>> marks.
>
>> > but is it advisable for emergency canine treatment?
>
>> It'll take you just a few minutes to teach Chester to
>> avoid molesting critters and eating toxic plants he's
>> got no business disturbing in the first place:
>
>> http://relinkz.com/Poison_Proofing
>
>> > Thanks in advance!
>
>> You're welcome~!
>
>> > --
>> > Chester's Mom

>> Supreme Magistrate,
> >

> Sooooo....just what are you selling?

It SEZ there's NUTHIN for sale on the site.

> Snake Oil???

INFORMATION. FREE INFORMATION.

The KIND of FREE INFORMATION that'd teach you how
to TRAIN your own horse NEARLY INSTANTLY not to
roll in the sweet spot.

LIKE THIS:

From: mrsmaureen_mack >
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:41:21 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: Bath Day
I can't wait to give decent baths.....of course we all know what a
waste of time it is....they manage to find and roll in the only spot
of manure in the field

---------------------

The SAME FREE INFORMATION that'd train betsy's
Macho Man NEARLY INSTANTLY not to throw her
to get to the alphalpha.

LIKE THIS:

Newsgroups: rec.equestrian
From: Maureen >
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 06:13:14 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: Lesson on the Macho Man today...

On Apr 13, 9:20 pm, betsey > wrote:

> Katie and I went up for a lesson on Mach today...both of our lessons
> were very similar, if not identical in content. to recap, Mach is at
> boot camp due to his interpretation of alfalfa=crack, and me coming
> off twice this winter in a short period of time.

> first, Mach is well on his way to returning to being his old self. I
> will say this, coming off of him was unnerving for HIM as well as
> me...his confidence seems to be returning quicker than mine <g>. Deb
> has been working on him being balanced, and with a stabilized front
> end---he had been wanting to put his head here, here, here, and OH!
> over here!. we arent' asking for a head carriage of a wp horse (being
> low low low), we ARE asking that he be stable and balanced.

> One change in the equipment...currently working in a big fat snaffle.
> As a western horse, he'll have to show in a curb, but the snaffle
> affords some things that are needed right now and gives everyone a
> confidence boost. Today's lesson was using an open outside hand to
> ask him to balance himself. he's responding well, and likes the light
> contact it affords. As debbie says, it gives him answer to when he
> asks "why".

> He's coming "home" on friday...remembering that home is now a new
> place to all of us (complete with two goats!). it's also at a place
> with an instructor in residence...meaning that while we can only get
> to deb's every other week (due to travel distance), we can lesson at
> home in between times. all good things.

Sounds to me that you made the right move sending Macho to
Camp for his AT (ask Fred, but I'm sure you know that one!).
I hope is new home will be a happy place for all of you!

Maureen....and Peppy, BJ, Chip and Mia who all send house
warming wishes to Macho!!

You seem satisfied not knowing how to train horses.

Do you SELL horse trainin lessons, mrsmaureen_mack?