PDA

View Full Version : An Engineer's Guide to Cats

Candace
May 1st 08, 02:23 AM
This is really hysterical (especially if you like both cats and
engineers):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4

cybercat
May 1st 08, 04:00 AM
"Candace" > wrote in message
> This is really hysterical (especially if you like both cats and
> engineers):
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4

I thought this was cute, too.

Candace
May 1st 08, 04:33 AM
On Apr 30, 8:00*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Candace" > wrote in message

> > This is really hysterical (especially if you like both cats and
> > engineers):
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4
>
> I thought this was cute, too.

I guess the guy's become quite famous--at least in the video world. He
said he's had numerous marriage proposals ("not many cat guys but a
lot of cat ladies"). And he's a rocket scientist to boot...

tension_on_the_wire
May 1st 08, 04:40 AM
On Apr 30, 8:33*pm, Candace > wrote:
> On Apr 30, 8:00*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> > "Candace" > wrote in message

> > > This is really hysterical (especially if you like both cats and
> > > engineers):
>
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4
>
> > I thought this was cute, too.
>
> I guess the guy's become quite famous--at least in the video world. He
> said he's had numerous marriage proposals ("not many cat guys but a
> lot of cat ladies"). And he's a rocket scientist to boot...

They just wanna get their hands on those adorable yodellers.
Yodel-diggers!

--tension

FirstHit
May 1st 08, 09:34 AM
On Apr 30, 6:23 pm, Candace > wrote:
> This is really hysterical (especially if you like both cats and
> engineers):
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4

I posted this same video here a week earlier and not one person
replied. I've made several posts here recently and never get one
response. Are my posts getting through ??

FirstHit

dgk
May 1st 08, 01:02 PM
On Thu, 1 May 2008 01:34:37 -0700 (PDT), FirstHit >
wrote:

>On Apr 30, 6:23 pm, Candace > wrote:
>> This is really hysterical (especially if you like both cats and
>> engineers):
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4
>
>I posted this same video here a week earlier and not one person
>replied. I've made several posts here recently and never get one
>response. Are my posts getting through ??
>
>FirstHit

I missed it the first time (there has been a lot of spam lately though
now I have it filtered out) but yes, I see that you did post this on
4/23.

I can;t even view it because they block youtube here at work.

nobody@nowhere.com
May 1st 08, 01:39 PM
wrote:

>On Apr 30, 6:23 pm, Candace > wrote:
>> This is really hysterical (especially if you like both cats and
>> engineers):
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4
>
>I posted this same video here a week earlier and not one person
>replied. I've made several posts here recently and never get one
>response. Are my posts getting through ??
>
>FirstHit

This one did!

FirstHit
May 1st 08, 09:02 PM
On May 1, 5:02 am, dgk > wrote:
> On Thu, 1 May 2008 01:34:37 -0700 (PDT), FirstHit >
> wrote:
>
> >On Apr 30, 6:23 pm, Candace > wrote:
> >> This is really hysterical (especially if you like both cats and
> >> engineers):
>
> >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4
>
> >I posted this same video here a week earlier and not one person
> >replied. I've made several posts here recently and never get one
> >response. Are my posts getting through ??
>
> >FirstHit
>
> I missed it the first time (there has been a lot of spam lately though
> now I have it filtered out) but yes, I see that you did post this on
> 4/23.
>
> I can;t even view it because they block youtube here at work.

Thanks dgk and "nobody" for replying!

My post had the yahoo version of the same video. They probably block
yahoo too at work, dgk, but you might want to give it a shot:

http://video.yahoo.com/network/100284668/3774740?v=2369949

I got a kick out of the video because the engineers overhandle the
cats a bit, like an engineer friend does with mine, but my cat
tolerates it because she knows his good intentions. Also, I really had
to laugh when they gave out the cat's technical specifications (aspect
ratio, etc.).

FirstHit

tension_on_the_wire
May 2nd 08, 04:32 AM
On May 1, 1:02*pm, FirstHit > wrote:
> On May 1, 5:02 am, dgk > wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 1 May 2008 01:34:37 -0700 (PDT), FirstHit >
> > wrote:

> > >I posted this same video here a week earlier and not one person
> > >replied. *I've made several posts here recently and never get one
> > >response. *Are my posts getting through ??
>
> > >FirstHit
>
> > I missed it the first time (there has been a lot of spam lately though
> > now I have it filtered out) but yes, I see that you did post this on
> > 4/23.
>
> > I can;t even view it because they block youtube here at work.
>
> Thanks dgk and "nobody" for replying!
>
> My post had the yahoo version of the same video. *They probably block
> yahoo too at work, dgk, but you might want to give it a shot:
>
> http://video.yahoo.com/network/100284668/3774740?v=2369949
>
> I got a kick out of the video because the engineers overhandle the
> cats a bit, like an engineer friend does with mine, but my cat
> tolerates it because she knows his good intentions. Also, I really had
> to laugh when they gave out the cat's technical specifications (aspect
> ratio, etc.).
>
> FirstHit- Hide quoted text -

Yes, that was hilarious. Anyone who knows an engineer could not help
get a tickle out of that. Next thing you know, they'll try designing
a Schroedinger's Box for them!

--tension

FirstHit
May 2nd 08, 06:31 AM
On May 1, 8:32 pm, tension_on_the_wire >
wrote:
> On May 1, 1:02 pm, FirstHit > wrote:
>

> > On May 1, 5:02 am, dgk > wrote:

> > > I missed it the first time (there has been a lot of spam lately though
> > > now I have it filtered out) but yes, I see that you did post this on
> > > 4/23.
>
> > > I can;t even view it because they block youtube here at work.
>
> > Thanks dgk and "nobody" for replying!
>
> > My post had the yahoo version of the same video. They probably block
> > yahoo too at work, dgk, but you might want to give it a shot:
>
> >http://video.yahoo.com/network/100284668/3774740?v=2369949
>
> > I got a kick out of the video because the engineers overhandle the
> > cats a bit, like an engineer friend does with mine, but my cat
> > tolerates it because she knows his good intentions. Also, I really had
> > to laugh when they gave out the cat's technical specifications (aspect
> > ratio, etc.).
>
> > FirstHit- Hide quoted text -

> Yes, that was hilarious. Anyone who knows an engineer could not help
> get a tickle out of that. Next thing you know, they'll try designing
> a Schroedinger's Box for them!

Oh, man! :-)

FirstHit

tension_on_the_wire
May 2nd 08, 08:22 AM
On May 1, 10:31*pm, FirstHit > wrote:
> On May 1, 8:32 pm, tension_on_the_wire >
> wrote:

> > > Thanks dgk and "nobody" for replying!
>
> > > My post had the yahoo version of the same video. *They probably block
> > > yahoo too at work, dgk, but you might want to give it a shot:
>
> > >http://video.yahoo.com/network/100284668/3774740?v=2369949
>
> > > I got a kick out of the video because the engineers overhandle the
> > > cats a bit, like an engineer friend does with mine, but my cat
> > > tolerates it because she knows his good intentions. Also, I really had
> > > to laugh when they gave out the cat's technical specifications (aspect
> > > ratio, etc.).
>
> > > FirstHit- Hide quoted text -

> > Yes, that was hilarious. *Anyone who knows an engineer could not help
> > get a tickle out of that. *Next thing you know, they'll try designing
> > a Schroedinger's Box for them!
>
> Oh, man! :-)
>
> FirstHit- Hide quoted text -

Probably make a great replacement for the litter box! 8^p

--tension