PDA

View Full Version : Help! Feral Cat in Attic for 3 Days

gfc
May 2nd 08, 05:11 PM
I have a feral cat that was give to me by a humane society volunteer.
I have had her for 4 years and have never been able to put a hand on
her. For 3 and a half of those four years she has been an indoor
cat. Tuesday at noon I came home from work and found that somehow the
cats had opened the door to the attic and got inside. I was able to
get all of them to come out except this one. On Wednesday a friend of
mine came by and crawled through the junk, boxes, insulation, etc and
saw the cat hiding where the roof and the wall meet. Yesterday we
emptied the attic, removed most of the insulation and I paid someone
to come in and removed three planks from the floor to see if she was
underneath, but there was no sign of her under the attic floor. Last
night I set a trap, but , again, there is no sign of the cat and the
food including the trail I made to the trap, is undisturbed. I don't
think there are any passages to the outside, otherwise I would
probably have had wildlife come in before now. Of course, the firemen
will not come out and neither will the humane society. I called the
Penisnula Humane Society yesterday and they told me that they don't
come out unless they can "see" the cat and they also told me that
their officers are not allowed to go into attics and crawl spaces. I
want to do something for this poor cat because time is running out,
but I don't know what else I can do. She's been in there for three
days now with no food or water. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank
you.

cybercat
May 2nd 08, 05:54 PM
"gfc" > wrote in message
>I have a feral cat that was give to me by a humane society volunteer.
> I have had her for 4 years and have never been able to put a hand on
> her. For 3 and a half of those four years she has been an indoor
> cat. Tuesday at noon I came home from work and found that somehow the
> cats had opened the door to the attic and got inside. I was able to
> get all of them to come out except this one. On Wednesday a friend of
> mine came by and crawled through the junk, boxes, insulation, etc and
> saw the cat hiding where the roof and the wall meet. Yesterday we
> emptied the attic, removed most of the insulation and I paid someone
> to come in and removed three planks from the floor to see if she was
> underneath, but there was no sign of her under the attic floor. Last
> night I set a trap, but , again, there is no sign of the cat and the
> food including the trail I made to the trap, is undisturbed. I don't
> think there are any passages to the outside, otherwise I would
> probably have had wildlife come in before now. Of course, the firemen
> will not come out and neither will the humane society. I called the
> Penisnula Humane Society yesterday and they told me that they don't
> come out unless they can "see" the cat and they also told me that
> their officers are not allowed to go into attics and crawl spaces. I
> want to do something for this poor cat because time is running out,
> but I don't know what else I can do. She's been in there for three
> days now with no food or water. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank
> you.

Stop leaving food and wait for her to come out.

blkcatgal
May 2nd 08, 06:00 PM
I wish I had some helpful suggestions. I guess I'd keep the trap out with
food in it. She's got to be hungry by now and you'd think she would go into
the trap. But from the sounds of it, the fact that after 4 years you still
can't put a hand on her, she must be one tough cat.

S.
---
"gfc" > wrote in message
>I have a feral cat that was give to me by a humane society volunteer.
> I have had her for 4 years and have never been able to put a hand on
> her. For 3 and a half of those four years she has been an indoor
> cat. Tuesday at noon I came home from work and found that somehow the
> cats had opened the door to the attic and got inside. I was able to
> get all of them to come out except this one. On Wednesday a friend of
> mine came by and crawled through the junk, boxes, insulation, etc and
> saw the cat hiding where the roof and the wall meet. Yesterday we
> emptied the attic, removed most of the insulation and I paid someone
> to come in and removed three planks from the floor to see if she was
> underneath, but there was no sign of her under the attic floor. Last
> night I set a trap, but , again, there is no sign of the cat and the
> food including the trail I made to the trap, is undisturbed. I don't
> think there are any passages to the outside, otherwise I would
> probably have had wildlife come in before now. Of course, the firemen
> will not come out and neither will the humane society. I called the
> Penisnula Humane Society yesterday and they told me that they don't
> come out unless they can "see" the cat and they also told me that
> their officers are not allowed to go into attics and crawl spaces. I
> want to do something for this poor cat because time is running out,
> but I don't know what else I can do. She's been in there for three
> days now with no food or water. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank
> you.

gfc
May 2nd 08, 06:27 PM
On May 2, 10:00*am, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
> I wish I had some helpful suggestions. *I guess I'd keep the trap out with
> food in it. *She's got to be hungry by now and you'd think she would go into
> the trap. *But from the sounds of it, the fact that after 4 years you still
> can't put a hand on her, she must be one tough cat.
>
> S.

Yes, that's what everyone told me to do including the humane society.
What worries me is that not even the trail has been disturbed. I am
afraid that if there is an opening, she may have fallen inside the
wall. I have heard horror stories from contractors and construction
workers. I even tought of having a plumber come by with one of those
drop-down cameras they use and just ask them to look for a cat instead
of a leak.
Thank you for your answer.
gfc

blkcatgal
May 2nd 08, 06:33 PM
Have you heard any noise at all either in the attic or inside the walls (I
hope she didn't fall in there!)?? I wonder if you could get someone with
one of those cameras to come out to look for her. I hope you find her soon.

S.
"gfc" > wrote in message
On May 2, 10:00 am, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
> I wish I had some helpful suggestions. I guess I'd keep the trap out with
> food in it. She's got to be hungry by now and you'd think she would go
> into
> the trap. But from the sounds of it, the fact that after 4 years you still
> can't put a hand on her, she must be one tough cat.
>
> S.

Yes, that's what everyone told me to do including the humane society.
What worries me is that not even the trail has been disturbed. I am
afraid that if there is an opening, she may have fallen inside the
wall. I have heard horror stories from contractors and construction
workers. I even tought of having a plumber come by with one of those
drop-down cameras they use and just ask them to look for a cat instead
of a leak.
Thank you for your answer.
gfc

gfc
May 2nd 08, 07:11 PM
Thank you for your words of encouragement. No, I have not heard any
noises, but, as a friend pointed out, there were no noises coming from
the attic even between Tuesday and Wednesday night and we did see her
on Wednesday night. So, the fact that there is no noise is not
necessarily an indication that she is not there. This poor cat has
had a sad life and I feel sorry for her. During the last four years
she's had food and shelter with me, but emotionally speaking, her life
is hell. She is terribly frightened of humans and I see the fear in
her eyes every time I walk by. My house is very quiet and if she has
to live with a human, this is probably the best situation for her, but
I know she is far from happy. I would hate for her to have lived a
miserable life and end up dying stuck in a wall.
Later, my friend who was here yesterday is coming back and we are
going to look some more, and tonight my girlfriend, her husband, and a
handyman are coming over. The two guys are used to "construction
situations" and maybe they can spot holes or other hiding places we
missed. It would be nice if the humane society sent out an officer.
I thought this is what they were for.
I will keep you posted, blkcatgal, and let you know if and when she
comes out.
GFC

On May 2, 10:33*am, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
> Have you heard any noise at all either in the attic or inside the walls (I
> hope she didn't fall in there!)?? *I wonder if you could get someone with
> one of those cameras to come out to look for her. *I hope you find her soon.
>
> S."gfc" > wrote in message

Candace
May 3rd 08, 05:44 AM
On May 2, 11:11*am, gfc > wrote:
> Thank you for your words of encouragement. *No, I have not heard any
> noises, but, as a friend pointed out, there were no noises coming from
> the attic even between Tuesday and Wednesday night and we did see her
> on Wednesday night. *So, the fact that there is no noise is not
> necessarily an indication that she is not there. *This poor cat has
> had a sad life and I feel sorry for her. *During the last four years
> she's had food and shelter with me, but emotionally speaking, her life
> is hell. *She is terribly frightened of humans and I see the fear in
> her eyes every time I walk by. *My house is very quiet and if she has
> to live with a human, this is probably the best situation for her, but
> I know she is far from happy. *I would hate for her to have lived a
> miserable life and end up dying stuck in a wall.
> Later, my friend who was here yesterday is coming back and we are
> going to look some more, and tonight my girlfriend, her husband, and a
> handyman are coming over. *The two guys are used to "construction
> situations" and maybe they can spot holes or other hiding places we
> missed. *It would be nice if the humane society sent out an officer.
> I thought this is what they were for.
> I will keep you posted, blkcatgal, and let you know if and when she
> comes out.
> GFC
>
> On May 2, 10:33*am, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
>
> > Have you heard any noise at all either in the attic or inside the walls (I
> > hope she didn't fall in there!)?? *I wonder if you could get someone with
> > one of those cameras to come out to look for her. *I hope you find her soon.
>
> > S."gfc" > wrote in message

Good luck. I'm sorry, I hope you find her, poor kitty.

Candace

blkcatgal
May 3rd 08, 02:14 PM
Make sure you put the stinkiest food in the trap. Let us know what happens.
I sure hope you find her soon.

S.
---
"gfc" > wrote in message
Thank you for your words of encouragement. No, I have not heard any
noises, but, as a friend pointed out, there were no noises coming from
the attic even between Tuesday and Wednesday night and we did see her
on Wednesday night. So, the fact that there is no noise is not
necessarily an indication that she is not there. This poor cat has
had a sad life and I feel sorry for her. During the last four years
she's had food and shelter with me, but emotionally speaking, her life
is hell. She is terribly frightened of humans and I see the fear in
her eyes every time I walk by. My house is very quiet and if she has
to live with a human, this is probably the best situation for her, but
I know she is far from happy. I would hate for her to have lived a
miserable life and end up dying stuck in a wall.
Later, my friend who was here yesterday is coming back and we are
going to look some more, and tonight my girlfriend, her husband, and a
handyman are coming over. The two guys are used to "construction
situations" and maybe they can spot holes or other hiding places we
missed. It would be nice if the humane society sent out an officer.
I thought this is what they were for.
I will keep you posted, blkcatgal, and let you know if and when she
comes out.
GFC

On May 2, 10:33 am, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
> Have you heard any noise at all either in the attic or inside the walls (I
> hope she didn't fall in there!)?? I wonder if you could get someone with
> one of those cameras to come out to look for her. I hope you find her
> soon.
>
> S."gfc" > wrote in message

cybercat
May 3rd 08, 05:12 PM
"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
> Make sure you put the stinkiest food in the trap. Let us know what
> happens. I sure hope you find her soon.

Can you explain to me why you all think a feral cat that has lived in that
house for
four years, will DIE in the WALLS rather than come out if there is an escape
route?
And there is an escape route, the way she got IN there.

Why isn't the answer to leave the attic door open and leave the food
downstairs?

gfc
May 3rd 08, 08:12 PM
On May 3, 6:14*am, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
> Make sure you put the stinkiest food in the trap. *Let us know what happens.
> I sure hope you find her soon.
>
> S.
> --
> **Visit me and my cats athttp://www.island-cats.com/**
> ---"gfc" > wrote in message

> Thank you for your words of encouragement. *No, I have not heard any
> noises, but, as a friend pointed out, there were no noises coming from
> the attic even between Tuesday and Wednesday night and we did see her
> on Wednesday night. *So, the fact that there is no noise is not
> necessarily an indication that she is not there. *This poor cat has
> had a sad life and I feel sorry for her. *During the last four years
> she's had food and shelter with me, but emotionally speaking, her life
> is hell. *She is terribly frightened of humans and I see the fear in
> her eyes every time I walk by. *My house is very quiet and if she has
> to live with a human, this is probably the best situation for her, but
> I know she is far from happy. *I would hate for her to have lived a
> miserable life and end up dying stuck in a wall.
> Later, my friend who was here yesterday is coming back and we are
> going to look some more, and tonight my girlfriend, her husband, and a
> handyman are coming over. *The two guys are used to "construction
> situations" and maybe they can spot holes or other hiding places we
> missed. *It would be nice if the humane society sent out an officer.
> I thought this is what they were for.
> I will keep you posted, blkcatgal, and let you know if and when she
> comes out.
> GFC
>
> On May 2, 10:33 am, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
>

> > Have you heard any noise at all either in the attic or inside the walls (I
> > hope she didn't fall in there!)?? I wonder if you could get someone with
> > one of those cameras to come out to look for her. I hope you find her
> > soon.
>
> > S."gfc" > wrote in message- Hide quoted text -

Yesterday my friend removed two more boards and we saw her. She is at
the very end of the attic (it runs the whole length of the house)
between the floor and the "subfloor"( that's what I think that's
called) but she will not come out. I talked to the humane society
again and they told me to set two traps, put food in the traps, water
outside the traps, cover the traps, close the attic door (it was
always closed anyway), turn the lights off and just leave her alone.
The PHS person I talked to said that all that noise we made has
probably scared her even more. They told me to check the traps once a
day and if she is not in a trap by Sunday night, to call them back on
Monday morning.
Unfortunately, the attic is huge. I have a Cape Cod style house and
the attic runs the whole length of the house. Where the ouside wall
and the roof join, there are a lot of spaces to craw into and hide.
I'll let you know what happens. Thank you for your concern and your
answers.
gfc

Outsider
May 3rd 08, 10:14 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in
. com:

> "blkcatgal" > wrote in message
>> Make sure you put the stinkiest food in the trap. Let us know what
>> happens. I sure hope you find her soon.
>>

> Can you explain to me why you all think a feral cat that has lived in
> that house for
> four years, will DIE in the WALLS rather than come out if there is an
> escape route?
> And there is an escape route, the way she got IN there.
>
> Why isn't the answer to leave the attic door open and leave the food
> downstairs?

There _can_ be a space that opens at the top and goes straight down
without exit (wet walls/drain pipe chases etc). The best way to get the
cat to fall down one of these spaces would be to drive it completely out
of its mind with terror. To accomplish this one might go up to the attic
with as many strangers as one can involve and tear up all the insulation
and move every box and tear up a few floorboards for good measure.

This could work very well with a cat who is already frightened of even
one person.

Outsider
May 3rd 08, 10:22 PM
gfc > wrote in
:

> On May 3, 6:14*am, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
>> Make sure you put the stinkiest food in the trap. *Let us know what
>> happ
> ens.
>> I sure hope you find her soon.
>>
>> S.
>> --
>> **Visit me and my cats athttp://www.island-cats.com/**
>> ---"gfc" > wrote in message
>>

>> ... Thank you for your words of encouragement. *No, I have not heard
>> any noises, but, as a friend pointed out, there were no noises coming
>> from the attic even between Tuesday and Wednesday night and we did
>> see her on Wednesday night. *So, the fact that there is no noise is
>> not necessarily an indication that she is not there. *This poor cat
>> has had a sad life and I feel sorry for her. *During the last four
>> years she's had food and shelter with me, but emotionally speaking,
>> her life is hell. *She is terribly frightened of humans and I see the
>> fear in her eyes every time I walk by. *My house is very quiet and if
>> she has to live with a human, this is probably the best situation for
>> her, but I know she is far from happy. *I would hate for her to have
>> lived a miserable life and end up dying stuck in a wall.
>> Later, my friend who was here yesterday is coming back and we are
>> going to look some more, and tonight my girlfriend, her husband, and
>> a handyman are coming over. *The two guys are used to "construction
>> situations" and maybe they can spot holes or other hiding places we
>> missed. *It would be nice if the humane society sent out an officer.
>> I thought this is what they were for.
>> I will keep you posted, blkcatgal, and let you know if and when she
>> comes out.
>> GFC
>>
>> On May 2, 10:33 am, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
>>

>> > Have you heard any noise at all either in the attic or inside the
>> > walls
> (I
>> > hope she didn't fall in there!)?? I wonder if you could get someone
>> > with
>
>> > one of those cameras to come out to look for her. I hope you find
>> > her soon.
>>
>> > S."gfc" > wrote in message- Hide quoted text -

> Yesterday my friend removed two more boards and we saw her. She is at
> the very end of the attic (it runs the whole length of the house)
> between the floor and the "subfloor"( that's what I think that's
> called) but she will not come out. I talked to the humane society
> again and they told me to set two traps, put food in the traps, water
> outside the traps, cover the traps, close the attic door (it was
> always closed anyway), turn the lights off and just leave her alone.
> The PHS person I talked to said that all that noise we made has
> probably scared her even more.

Ya THINK?!

They told me to check the traps once a
> day and if she is not in a trap by Sunday night, to call them back on
> Monday morning.
> Unfortunately, the attic is huge. I have a Cape Cod style house and
> the attic runs the whole length of the house. Where the ouside wall
> and the roof join, there are a lot of spaces to craw into and hide.
> I'll let you know what happens. Thank you for your concern and your
> answers.
> gfc

blkcatgal
May 3rd 08, 10:28 PM
I'm glad that you at least saw her so you know she's there. Keep us posted
on what happens.

Also, are there any rescue groups in your area that you could contact? They
may also have some ideas on how best to get her out of the attic.

S.
---
"gfc" > wrote in message
> [...]

between the floor and the "subfloor"( that's what I think that's
called) but she will not come out. I talked to the humane society
again and they told me to set two traps, put food in the traps, water
outside the traps, cover the traps, close the attic door (it was
always closed anyway), turn the lights off and just leave her alone.
The PHS person I talked to said that all that noise we made has
probably scared her even more. They told me to check the traps once a
day and if she is not in a trap by Sunday night, to call them back on
Monday morning.
Unfortunately, the attic is huge. I have a Cape Cod style house and
the attic runs the whole length of the house. Where the ouside wall
and the roof join, there are a lot of spaces to craw into and hide.
I'll let you know what happens. Thank you for your concern and your

May 3rd 08, 11:05 PM
"outsider" > wrote in message
> "cybercat" > wrote in
> . com:
>

>> "blkcatgal" > wrote in message
>>> Make sure you put the stinkiest food in the trap. Let us know what
>>> happens. I sure hope you find her soon.
>>>

>> Can you explain to me why you all think a feral cat that has lived in
>> that house for
>> four years, will DIE in the WALLS rather than come out if there is an
>> escape route?
>> And there is an escape route, the way she got IN there.
>>
>> Why isn't the answer to leave the attic door open and leave the food
>> downstairs?
>>

> There _can_ be a space that opens at the top and goes straight down
> without exit (wet walls/drain pipe chases etc). The best way to get the
> cat to fall down one of these spaces would be to drive it completely out
> of its mind with terror. To accomplish this one might go up to the attic
> with as many strangers as one can involve and tear up all the insulation
> and move every box and tear up a few floorboards for good measure.
>
> This could work very well with a cat who is already frightened of even
> one person.

Mmm hmm. Were you thinking about answering my question at some point?

cybercat
May 3rd 08, 11:05 PM
"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
. ..
> I'm glad that you at least saw her so you know she's there. Keep us
> posted on what happens.
>
> Also, are there any rescue groups in your area that you could contact?
> They may also have some ideas on how best to get her out of the attic.

I'll take that as a "no."

Outsider
May 3rd 08, 11:36 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in
. com:

> "outsider" > wrote in message
>> "cybercat" > wrote in
>> . com:

>>> Can you explain to me why you all think a feral cat that has lived
>>> in that house for
>>> four years, will DIE in the WALLS rather than come out if there is
>>> an escape route?
>>> And there is an escape route, the way she got IN there.
>>>
>>> Why isn't the answer to leave the attic door open and leave the food
>>> downstairs?
>>>

>> There _can_ be a space that opens at the top and goes straight down
>> without exit (wet walls/drain pipe chases etc). The best way to get
>> the cat to fall down one of these spaces would be to drive it
>> completely out of its mind with terror. To accomplish this one might
>> go up to the attic with as many strangers as one can involve and tear
>> up all the insulation and move every box and tear up a few
>> floorboards for good measure.
>>
>> This could work very well with a cat who is already frightened of
>> even one person.
>>

> Mmm hmm. Were you thinking about answering my question at some point?

I thought I did. I would do just what you suggest if it was me but I
would not have added to the cat's terror the way the op did with all that
activity. At this point who knows if the cat will come out even for food
and water. While there are places in an attic where a cat _can_ become
trapped you wont lessen that danger by chasing it further into the dark
corners.

cybercat
May 4th 08, 02:46 AM
"outsider" > wrote

> I thought I did. I would do just what you suggest if it was me but I
> would not have added to the cat's terror the way the op did with all that
> activity. At this point who knows if the cat will come out even for food
> and water. While there are places in an attic where a cat _can_ become
> trapped you wont lessen that danger by chasing it further into the dark
> corners.

Okay, so you're saying that the assumption is, she will not come out because
she is so frightened.

Maybe I just don't know enough about ferals.

Outsider
May 4th 08, 03:21 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in
. com:

> "outsider" > wrote
>>
>> I thought I did. I would do just what you suggest if it was me but I
>> would not have added to the cat's terror the way the op did with all
>> that activity. At this point who knows if the cat will come out even
>> for food and water. While there are places in an attic where a cat
>> _can_ become trapped you wont lessen that danger by chasing it
>> further into the dark corners.
>>

> Okay, so you're saying that the assumption is, she will not come out
> because she is so frightened.
>
> Maybe I just don't know enough about ferals.

Yes, the phrase "who knows" is certainly equivalent to an assumption.
(??)

_And_ since you seem to have missed the point entirely, this:

"There _can_ be a space that opens at the top and goes straight down
without exit (wet walls/drain pipe chases etc). The best way to get the
cat to fall down one of these spaces would be to drive it completely out
of its mind with terror. To accomplish this one might go up to the attic
with as many strangers as one can involve and tear up all the insulation
and move every box and tear up a few floorboards for good measure.

This could work very well with a cat who is already frightened of even
one person."

Was directed at the OP (it's called sarcasm) so why you feel the need to
argue with me about nothing is escaping me especially since I AGREE with
what you said. You might want to pull your head out of your ass.
Everyone knows _you_ are the highest authority on feral cats; just ask
you.

cybercat
May 4th 08, 03:43 AM
"outsider" > wrote in message
> "cybercat" > wrote in
> . com:
>

>> "outsider" > wrote
>>>
>>> I thought I did. I would do just what you suggest if it was me but I
>>> would not have added to the cat's terror the way the op did with all
>>> that activity. At this point who knows if the cat will come out even
>>> for food and water. While there are places in an attic where a cat
>>> _can_ become trapped you wont lessen that danger by chasing it
>>> further into the dark corners.
>>>

>> Okay, so you're saying that the assumption is, she will not come out
>> because she is so frightened.
>>
>> Maybe I just don't know enough about ferals.
>>

> Yes, the phrase "who knows" is certainly equivalent to an assumption.
> (??)
>

> _And_ since you seem to have missed the point entirely, this:
>

> "There _can_ be a space that opens at the top and goes straight down
> without exit (wet walls/drain pipe chases etc). The best way to get the
> cat to fall down one of these spaces would be to drive it completely out
> of its mind with terror. To accomplish this one might go up to the attic
> with as many strangers as one can involve and tear up all the insulation
> and move every box and tear up a few floorboards for good measure.
>
> This could work very well with a cat who is already frightened of even
> one person."
>

> Was directed at the OP (it's called sarcasm) so why you feel the need to
> argue with me about nothing is escaping me especially since I AGREE with
> what you said. You might want to pull your head out of your ass.
> Everyone knows _you_ are the highest authority on feral cats; just ask
> you.

Yes, this certainly follows from my posting history. Good one!

Rhonda[_3_]
May 4th 08, 06:45 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "blkcatgal" > wrote in message
>
>>Make sure you put the stinkiest food in the trap. Let us know what
>>happens. I sure hope you find her soon.
>>

> Can you explain to me why you all think a feral cat that has lived in that
> house for
> four years, will DIE in the WALLS rather than come out if there is an escape
> route?
> And there is an escape route, the way she got IN there.
>
> Why isn't the answer to leave the attic door open and leave the food
> downstairs?

Well, I'd leave the attic door open and also leave the traps and water
upstairs.

We have a former feral cat (not nearly as feral as this one sounds) who
was so scared by a new arrival that she eventually lost her colon
because she would not come out of hiding. She was dehydrated.

I still blame myself for not realizing she was not coming out at all,
even at night.

Rhonda

cybercat
May 4th 08, 06:52 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "outsider" >
>
> I leave you alone and see what happens. It is my job to mess with
> cybercat I am cute I can get away with it ;-)

Hi Maffew! How you doing? :) How's the babies?

Outsider
May 4th 08, 01:30 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in
:

> "outsider" >
>
> I leave you alone and see what happens. It is my job to mess with
> cybercat I am cute I can get away with it ;-)

If ability to gat away with it was ever a critical parameter for me I would
be sunk. besides SHE started it!

;)