PDA

View Full Version : Re: CAT KILLER! Pray For the Souls of 300 Murdered Cats!

Maple Tree
May 7th 08, 09:20 PM
"Rev. 11D Meow!" > wrote in message

> pretty sure there is no way dood gets a Gold Pass
> at The Pearly Gates Of Heaven.
>
> WHY WORRY?
>
> PS. We Are On About TRUE SLACK HERE!
>
> meow
>
> purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Don't think the bible says anything about NOT killing/murdering domesticated
animals....remember that piece of beef, pork or chicken you had at dinner
last week??

Granby
May 7th 08, 10:28 PM
*PLONK*
"Maple Tree" > wrote in message

> "Rev. 11D Meow!" > wrote in message
>>
>> pretty sure there is no way dood gets a Gold Pass
>> at The Pearly Gates Of Heaven.
>>
>> WHY WORRY?
>>
>> PS. We Are On About TRUE SLACK HERE!
>>
>> meow
>>
>> purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>
> Don't think the bible says anything about NOT killing/murdering
> domesticated animals....remember that piece of beef, pork or chicken you
> had at dinner last week??

Pi2nya AKA Sweetee
May 8th 08, 01:11 AM
"Granby" > wrote in message
> *PLONK*
> "Maple Tree" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Rev. 11D Meow!" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> pretty sure there is no way dood gets a Gold Pass
>>> at The Pearly Gates Of Heaven.
>>>
>>> WHY WORRY?
>>>
>>> PS. We Are On About TRUE SLACK HERE!
>>>
>>> meow
>>>
>>> purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>> Don't think the bible says anything about NOT killing/murdering
>> domesticated animals....remember that piece of beef, pork or chicken
>> you had at dinner last week??

There seems to be a psychological difference
(and distance) between 'farm' or 'hunted' animals and pets.
We - just - don't - eat - or - kill - pets.

When I was growing up, mom bought a dozen young chickens.
We raised them for eggs. We found that we had to give them
away, rather than use them for food.

When my daughters were small, we had a bunny named Harvey.
Once I went to the market and bought rabbit for dinner.
Did my girls want to eat it? H*ck no!

There is just a difference.
Vegins probably look at it somewhat differently.

Sylvia

Fred
May 8th 08, 11:34 AM
On Wednesday 07 May 2008 20:11, Pi2nya AKA Sweetee wrote:

> There seems to be a psychological difference
> (and distance) between 'farm' or 'hunted' animals and pets.
> We - just - don't - eat - or - kill - pets.
>
> When I was growing up, mom bought a dozen young chickens.
> We raised them for eggs. We found that we had to give them
> away, rather than use them for food.
>
> When my daughters were small, we had a bunny named Harvey.
> Once I went to the market and bought rabbit for dinner.
> Did my girls want to eat it? H*ck no!
>
> There is just a difference.
> Vegins probably look at it somewhat differently.
>
> Sylvia

I am not a vegan, but at least vegetarian in that I won't eat anything
that had to be killed. Eggs and cheese are OK for me, but I think it's
much the same. I care about all animals and don't want to profit from
their suffering. Now I know eggs are often from battery hens who do
suffer, but I try to get eggs from free range chickens when I can.

--
Peace,
Fred