PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found...

Phil P.
May 8th 08, 01:12 AM
....in a shelter scheduled to be killed that night-- because they're "so old"

http://maxshouse.com/zak__aidan_feature.htm

cybercat
May 8th 08, 01:33 AM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> ...in a shelter scheduled to be killed that night-- because they're "so
> old"
>
> http://maxshouse.com/zak__aidan_feature.htm

Oh, Phil. At four years old? They are just beautiful.

Linda Boucher
May 8th 08, 02:11 AM
Hi Phil
God bless you for saving those beautiful cats..
they are all so pretty and lucky you found them in time
Linda
> ...in a shelter scheduled to be killed that night--

Gail[_2_]
May 8th 08, 02:23 AM
Beautiful. I'm so glad you rescued them.
Gail
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]ndny08...
> ...in a shelter scheduled to be killed that night-- because they're "so
> old"
>
> http://maxshouse.com/zak__aidan_feature.htm

dgk
May 8th 08, 12:40 PM
On Thu, 08 May 2008 00:12:35 GMT, "Phil P." >
wrote:

>...in a shelter scheduled to be killed that night-- because they're "so old"
>
>http://maxshouse.com/zak__aidan_feature.htm

The one on the right looks just like Nipsy. That's a big boy judging
by the wiskers. Nipsy is at 17 pounds at the moment. Nipsy is also
around 4. Probably separated at birth.

CatNipped[_2_]
May 8th 08, 01:50 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> ...in a shelter scheduled to be killed that night-- because they're "so
> old"
>
> http://maxshouse.com/zak__aidan_feature.htm

Gorgeous boys! How could anyone have let them go??!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Bobblespin
May 8th 08, 01:58 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in news:68gb9lF2sueupU1
@mid.individual.net:

> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> ...in a shelter scheduled to be killed that night-- because they're "so
>> old"
>>
>> http://maxshouse.com/zak__aidan_feature.htm
>>

> Gorgeous boys! How could anyone have let them go??!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Good thing you found them before CatNipped did... I can feel her drooling.

Bobble

Outsider
May 9th 08, 01:44 AM
bobblespin > wrote in
:

> "CatNipped" > wrote in
> news:68gb9lF2sueupU1 @mid.individual.net:
>
>> "Phil P." > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> ...in a shelter scheduled to be killed that night-- because they're
>>> "so old"
>>>
>>> http://maxshouse.com/zak__aidan_feature.htm
>>>

>> Gorgeous boys! How could anyone have let them go??!
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>

> Good thing you found them before CatNipped did... I can feel her
> drooling.
>
> Bobble

Especially since she likes to take cats in pairs :)

Andy

Phil P.
May 9th 08, 02:51 AM
"Linda Boucher" > wrote in message
> Hi Phil
> God bless you for saving those beautiful cats..
> they are all so pretty and lucky you found them in time

They were surrendered to the shelter that morning by their owner. No reason
was given- which is actually better. The 7-day minimum holding law doesn't
apply to animals surrendered by their owners. They can be killed at any
time. I wonder if their owner knew that- or even cared.

Phil P.
May 9th 08, 02:51 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > ...in a shelter scheduled to be killed that night-- because they're "so
> > old"
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/zak__aidan_feature.htm
> >

> Oh, Phil. At four years old? They are just beautiful.

They were the oldest cats in the shelter. The rest were kittens and very
young cats. No adults.

Phil P.
May 9th 08, 02:51 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > ...in a shelter scheduled to be killed that night-- because they're "so
> > old"
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/zak__aidan_feature.htm
> >

> Gorgeous boys! How could anyone have let them go??!

Seeing cats like this, surrendered by their owner, in a kill shelter,
totally wipes out the miniscule faith I had in basic human nature. Not just
because they're beautiful- they're incredibly affectionate and sweet.

gfc
May 9th 08, 03:58 AM
On May 7, 5:12*pm, "Phil P." > wrote:
> ...in a shelter scheduled to be killed that night-- because they're "so old"
>
> http://maxshouse.com/zak__aidan_feature.htm

Oh they are gorgeous and so smart looking too!

GFC

CatNipped[_2_]
May 9th 08, 05:23 PM
"bobblespin" > wrote in message
> "CatNipped" > wrote in news:68gb9lF2sueupU1
> @mid.individual.net:
>
>> "Phil P." > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> ...in a shelter scheduled to be killed that night-- because they're "so
>>> old"
>>>
>>> http://maxshouse.com/zak__aidan_feature.htm
>>>

>> Gorgeous boys! How could anyone have let them go??!
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>

> Good thing you found them before CatNipped did... I can feel her drooling.
>
> Bobble

LOL! I resemble that remark!! Actually, I'm in the middle to integrating
cat number six to the clowder - I'm just a girl who can't say no.

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
May 9th 08, 05:24 PM
"outsider" > wrote in message
> bobblespin > wrote in
> :
>
>> "CatNipped" > wrote in
>> news:68gb9lF2sueupU1 @mid.individual.net:
>>
>>> "Phil P." > wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]

>>> Gorgeous boys! How could anyone have let them go??!
>>>
>>> Hugs,
>>>
>>> CatNipped
>>>

>> Good thing you found them before CatNipped did... I can feel her
>> drooling.
>>
>> Bobble
>>

> Especially since she likes to take cats in pairs :)
>
> Andy

Yep! Archer came with Ozzy and Ozzy came with Archer - I couldn't possibly
separate them, they're bro-furs! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
May 9th 08, 05:25 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> "Phil P." > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> > ...in a shelter scheduled to be killed that night-- because they're "so
>> > old"
>> >
>> > http://maxshouse.com/zak__aidan_feature.htm
>> >

>> Gorgeous boys! How could anyone have let them go??!
>>

> Seeing cats like this, surrendered by their owner, in a kill shelter,
> totally wipes out the miniscule faith I had in basic human nature. Not
> just
> because they're beautiful- they're incredibly affectionate and sweet.

I hear you - I passed that point a long time ago and just resigned myself to
never understanding that portion of the human race (that's if you can even
grant the species name "human" to them).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Phil P.
May 12th 08, 07:37 PM
"Gail" > wrote in message ...
> Beautiful. I'm so glad you rescued them.
> Gail

If adult cats are exceptional, they might make it to the last day of the
7-day minimum holding requirement. Adult gray tabbies don't even make it to
the cages. I didn't see any gray tabbies over 6-12 weeks in the place.

It infuriates me to know part of the taxes I pay are used to kill healthy
animals. That's not what I'm paying taxes for.

> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > ...in a shelter scheduled to be killed that night-- because they're "so
> > old"
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/zak__aidan_feature.htm

Here's another beauty- a 1 year old calico:

http://maxshouse.com/dusty_feature.htm

Phil