PDA

View Full Version : Milk

James
May 10th 08, 03:12 PM
Is lactose free milk for human a good substitute for the very
expensive milk for cats at the pet shop?

cshenk
May 10th 08, 05:15 PM
"James" wrote

> Is lactose free milk for human a good substitute for the very
> expensive milk for cats at the pet shop?

Good question! I don't really know. My guess is it's probably not
'optimal' due to a slightly different fat content but it may be 'acceptable'
if it's an adult cat and just being used as a treat. That seems safe enough
for a treat.

Buddy's Mom
May 10th 08, 08:07 PM
Cats do not need milk after they have been weaned. They should be
drinking only water.

Christina Websell
May 10th 08, 10:49 PM
"James" > wrote in message
> Is lactose free milk for human a good substitute for the very
> expensive milk for cats at the pet shop?

This is something that I thought too a few months ago, so I gave it a go.
It worked fine, no upset tummies. Mine two have it as a treat.

news[_2_]
May 11th 08, 12:00 AM
"Buddy's Mom" > wrote in message
> Cats do not need milk after they have been weaned. They should be
> drinking only water.

Just like humans!