PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Sweet Mimi (RB)

-L.
May 16th 08, 01:46 AM
Hi Guys,
I haven't posted here in along time, but wanted to let the old timers
know I lost my sweet tortie, Mimi, today. She would have been 18 in
July.

She was doing remarkably well despite having CRF and pretty bad
arthritis in her back hips. This morning when I checked on her, she
couldn't walk - had peed on herself and was pretty out of it. I think
she may have had a stroke. I tried to get a vet to come to the house,
but no one had any time on their schedules, so I took her in to the
local vet and said goodbye. Before she passed, she gave me some purrs
and reached out her creamy white paw, just as she had done through the
cage bars at the Humans Society 17 years ago.

She was an awesome kitty - my first pet while living on my own - and
hopefully now is a kitten again, playing with Peewee on the RB.

Goodbye Sweet Girl - I love you!

-L.
(Lyn)

May 16th 08, 03:49 AM
On Thu, 15 May 2008 17:46:19 -0700 (PDT), "-L."
> wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>I haven't posted here in along time, but wanted to let the old timers
>know I lost my sweet tortie, Mimi, today. She would have been 18 in
>July.
>
>She was doing remarkably well despite having CRF and pretty bad
>arthritis in her back hips. This morning when I checked on her, she
>couldn't walk - had peed on herself and was pretty out of it. I think
>she may have had a stroke. I tried to get a vet to come to the house,
>but no one had any time on their schedules, so I took her in to the
>local vet and said goodbye. Before she passed, she gave me some purrs
>and reached out her creamy white paw, just as she had done through the
>cage bars at the Humans Society 17 years ago.
>
>She was an awesome kitty - my first pet while living on my own - and
>hopefully now is a kitten again, playing with Peewee on the RB.
>
>Goodbye Sweet Girl - I love you!

So sorry to hear about your loss. I can relate to how difficult the
process is but please know you are not alone.

cybercat
May 16th 08, 04:06 AM
"-L." > wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
> I haven't posted here in along time, but wanted to let the old timers
> know I lost my sweet tortie, Mimi, today. She would have been 18 in
> July.
>
> She was doing remarkably well despite having CRF and pretty bad
> arthritis in her back hips. This morning when I checked on her, she
> couldn't walk - had peed on herself and was pretty out of it. I think
> she may have had a stroke. I tried to get a vet to come to the house,
> but no one had any time on their schedules, so I took her in to the
> local vet and said goodbye. Before she passed, she gave me some purrs
> and reached out her creamy white paw, just as she had done through the
> cage bars at the Humans Society 17 years ago.
>
> She was an awesome kitty - my first pet while living on my own - and
> hopefully now is a kitten again, playing with Peewee on the RB.
>
> Goodbye Sweet Girl - I love you!

I'm so sorry, Lyn. that is a long time to love a cat. She could not have
had a better home or a better life, I have no doubt. I know this is
heartbreaking, and I know you will always miss her. She was lucky
to have you.

blkcatgal
May 16th 08, 04:37 AM
Lyn,
I am so sorry to hear about Mimi. It is never easy losing a furbaby. I
share your tears.

Sue

"-L." > wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
> I haven't posted here in along time, but wanted to let the old timers
> know I lost my sweet tortie, Mimi, today. She would have been 18 in
> July.
>
> She was doing remarkably well despite having CRF and pretty bad
> arthritis in her back hips. This morning when I checked on her, she
> couldn't walk - had peed on herself and was pretty out of it. I think
> she may have had a stroke. I tried to get a vet to come to the house,
> but no one had any time on their schedules, so I took her in to the
> local vet and said goodbye. Before she passed, she gave me some purrs
> and reached out her creamy white paw, just as she had done through the
> cage bars at the Humans Society 17 years ago.
>
> She was an awesome kitty - my first pet while living on my own - and
> hopefully now is a kitten again, playing with Peewee on the RB.
>
> Goodbye Sweet Girl - I love you!
>
> -L.
> (Lyn)

Rhonda[_3_]
May 16th 08, 05:17 AM
-L. wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I haven't posted here in along time, but wanted to let the old timers
> know I lost my sweet tortie, Mimi, today. She would have been 18 in
> July.

I'm sorry it was time for Mimi to leave, Lyn. The fact that she reached
out her paw was enough to rip your heart out. She sounded like a very
sweet cat.

Take care,

Rhonda

-Lost
May 16th 08, 09:10 AM
Response to "-L." >:

Sorry for your loss.

> She was an awesome kitty - my first pet while living on my own - and
> hopefully now is a kitten again, playing with Peewee on the RB.

Forever youthful, frolicking until she sees you again.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

-L.
May 16th 08, 01:06 PM
On May 15, 6:40 pm,

> Lyn, I know you've been dreading this. I'm so sorry. I remember
> when I had to say goodbye to my first cat that I had living on my
> own - Marley. He was with me through so much of my life and it was
> really painful to say goodbye.
>
> Without Pee and Mimi you don't have any cats now do you? I have 2
> mice now along with my 4 cats. Marley and Shadow will always be in
> my heart no matter how many pets I have after them. Again, I'm so
> sorry for your loss. hugs

Thanks, guys. The fact that she was so bad off made it easier, and
I'm glad this was an "episode" instead of a long, drawn-out illness
where she really suffered. The pet sitter remarked last week at how
wonderful she was doing, in fact. Her poor little body just gave out.

Yeah, I am kittiless now. It seems so weird to even write that. DH
is allergic, so unless we move to an area where I can have outdoor
kitties safely, I don't think we will be getting another. We're down
to one doggie now (along with one snake and the turtle), and she's
going to be pretty lonely. There may be a puppy in our future, but
not until J is in school full-time, for sure.

Again, thanks for your kinds words.

-L.

CatNipped[_2_]
May 16th 08, 02:01 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that, Lyn. Our thoughts are with you and please let my
offer my sincere condolences.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"-L." > wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
> I haven't posted here in along time, but wanted to let the old timers
> know I lost my sweet tortie, Mimi, today. She would have been 18 in
> July.
>
> She was doing remarkably well despite having CRF and pretty bad
> arthritis in her back hips. This morning when I checked on her, she
> couldn't walk - had peed on herself and was pretty out of it. I think
> she may have had a stroke. I tried to get a vet to come to the house,
> but no one had any time on their schedules, so I took her in to the
> local vet and said goodbye. Before she passed, she gave me some purrs
> and reached out her creamy white paw, just as she had done through the
> cage bars at the Humans Society 17 years ago.
>
> She was an awesome kitty - my first pet while living on my own - and
> hopefully now is a kitten again, playing with Peewee on the RB.
>
> Goodbye Sweet Girl - I love you!
>
> -L.
> (Lyn)

Rene S.
May 16th 08, 04:53 PM
So sorry for your loss. She is lucky to have found you and you enjoyed
17 happy years together. She will be waiting at Rainbow Bridge. . .

Candace
May 16th 08, 08:18 PM
On May 15, 5:46*pm, "-L." > wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I haven't posted here in along time, but wanted to let the old timers
> know I lost my sweet tortie, Mimi, today. *She would have been 18 in
> July.
>
> She was doing remarkably well despite having CRF and pretty bad
> arthritis in her back hips. *This morning when I checked on her, she
> couldn't walk - had peed on herself and was pretty out of it. *I think
> she may have had a stroke. *I tried to get a vet to come to the house,
> but no one had any time on their schedules, so I took her in to the
> local vet and said goodbye. *Before she passed, she gave me some purrs
> and reached out her creamy white paw, just as she had done through the
> cage bars at the Humans Society 17 years ago.
>
> She was an awesome kitty - my first pet while living on my own - and
> hopefully now is a kitten again, playing with Peewee on the RB.
>
> Goodbye Sweet Girl - I love you!
>
> -L.
> (Lyn)

Lyn, I'm very sorry for your loss. It's a long time to have someone
in your life. How sweet that she reached her paw out.

Candace

dejablues[_4_]
May 17th 08, 12:37 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
>I am sorry Lyn
>

> "-L." > wrote in message
>> Hi Guys,
>> I haven't posted here in along time, but wanted to let the old timers
>> know I lost my sweet tortie, Mimi, today. She would have been 18 in
>> July.
>>
>> She was doing remarkably well despite having CRF and pretty bad
>> arthritis in her back hips. This morning when I checked on her, she
>> couldn't walk - had peed on herself and was pretty out of it. I think
>> she may have had a stroke. I tried to get a vet to come to the house,
>> but no one had any time on their schedules, so I took her in to the
>> local vet and said goodbye. Before she passed, she gave me some purrs
>> and reached out her creamy white paw, just as she had done through the
>> cage bars at the Humans Society 17 years ago.
>>
>> She was an awesome kitty - my first pet while living on my own - and
>> hopefully now is a kitten again, playing with Peewee on the RB.
>>
>> Goodbye Sweet Girl - I love you!
>>
>> -L.
>> (Lyn)

I have a soft spot for calico girls. I lost my Beaner in 2003 at age 16 , in
pretty much the same scenario, and she was also a cat that begged to be
taken home.
Condolences for your loss. :-(

Noon Cat Nick
May 17th 08, 05:47 AM
-L. wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> I haven't posted here in along time, but wanted to let the old timers
> know I lost my sweet tortie, Mimi, today. She would have been 18 in
> July.
>
> She was doing remarkably well despite having CRF and pretty bad
> arthritis in her back hips. This morning when I checked on her, she
> couldn't walk - had peed on herself and was pretty out of it. I think
> she may have had a stroke. I tried to get a vet to come to the house,
> but no one had any time on their schedules, so I took her in to the
> local vet and said goodbye. Before she passed, she gave me some purrs
> and reached out her creamy white paw, just as she had done through the
> cage bars at the Humans Society 17 years ago.
>
> She was an awesome kitty - my first pet while living on my own - and
> hopefully now is a kitten again, playing with Peewee on the RB.
>
> Goodbye Sweet Girl - I love you!
>
> -L.
> (Lyn)

I say hello, but sadly good-bye,
as I hold you in my arms.
You, who I have known,
deep within my heart.
You are so real to me.
For moments, yet for all eternity.

Why?

Why
I ask,
must this be?

To endure in pain
is to ask for answers.
Why must this be?

Does God know why?
Will He enlighten me?
Will He strengthen my faith,
my beliefs so I can endure?
Will I ever know the answer?

Why?

--Julie Fritsch

* * * * * * * * *

With you a part of me hath passed away;
For in the peopled forest of my mind
A tree made leafless by this wintry wind
Shall never don again its green array.
Chapel and fireside, country road and bay,
Have something of their friendliness resigned;
Another, if I would, I could not find,
And I am grown much older in a day.
But yet I treasure in my memory
Your gift of charity, and young hearts ease,
And the dear honour of your amity;
For these once mine, my life is rich with these.
And I scarce know which part may greater be,--
What I keep of you, or you rob from me.

--George Santayana

* * * * * * * * *

....do animals go to heaven? I do believe that we and our animals will
meet again. If we do not, and where we go is supposed to be heaven, it
will not be heaven to me and it will not be where I wish to go."
--Cleveland Amory

* * * * * * * * *

Strange that so small mortality should leave
So large an emptiness! for as we grieve
Your little life of few but happy years
Ended for us, one who could understand
Each subtle word, and answer hand with hand
Had hardly taken greater toll of tears.

Yet why should we not mourn for as a friend?
That name was yours; if every man would spend
His life as well, earth were not hard to save.
Grant that God made your heart and brain but small.
What more has an archangel than his all?
And all God gave to you, to us you gave.

--Amelia Josephine Burr

* * * * * * * * *

I shall walk in the sun alone
Whose golden light you loved:
I shall sleep alone
And, stirring, touch an empty place:
I shall write uninterrupted
(Would that your gentle paw
Could stay my moving pen just once again!).

I shall see beauty
But none to match your living grace:
I shall hear music
But not so sweet as the droning song
With which you loved me.

I shall fill my days
But I shall not, cannot forget:
Sleep soft, dear friend,
For while I live you shall not die.

--Michael Joseph

* * * * * * * * *

Since you have gone the sun has left the sky,
No breezes blow,
No birds sing
To ease the aching vacuum in my heart.
I shall not forget your gentle ways;
No judgements made,
No difficult demands,
No needs save one,
To share your life with mine.
Now kind, uncomprehending people say,
"Cheer up, you'll love another pet some day."

--Hilda Lunn

* * * * * * * * *

Is Heaven all you asked of it,
O little cat? Did Peter fit
A halo for your graceless head?
Is there a quilt for your special bed,
And a bowl of cream just out of reach
Of your thieving paw? Or do They teach
You not to steal in paradise?
Does the flapping of Their wings entice?
Do you scamper and swing on a golden fence,
Or are They teaching you reverence?
And are there really golden thrones
Up there? Or do the Mighty Ones
Have nice fat chairs that you can claw
And tear and snag with an impious paw?
And do the angels understand
That a little cat in a lonely land
Still longs for a kiss and a friendly cuff?

Celestial joys are not enough.
Please, some small saint in shining white,
Hold her close in your arms tonight.

--Bianca Bradbury

* * * * * * * * *

Dancing ribbons pushed by time
Float through an old kitten's dreams.
She chases them into eternity,
And catches them,
As they change into angels' wings.

--Daryl Douglas Foyer

* * * * * * * * *

May her memory be eternal.

--from the Eastern Orthodox requiem service

* * * * * * * * *

Warm summer sun
Shine kindly here,
Warm southern wind
Blow softly here,
Green sod above
Lie light, lie light--
Good night, dear heart,
Good night, good night.
--Robert Richardson, adapted from his poem "Annette" in _Willow and
Wattle_ (1893) by Samuel Langhorne Clemens (Mark Twain) as the epitaph
for his daughter, Olivia Susan Clemens

Take care,
Nicholas

gfc
May 17th 08, 07:36 PM
On May 15, 5:46*pm, "-L." > wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I haven't posted here in along time, but wanted to let the old timers
> know I lost my sweet tortie, Mimi, today. *She would have been 18 in
> July.
>
> She was doing remarkably well despite having CRF and pretty bad
> arthritis in her back hips. *This morning when I checked on her, she
> couldn't walk - had peed on herself and was pretty out of it. *I think
> she may have had a stroke. *I tried to get a vet to come to the house,
> but no one had any time on their schedules, so I took her in to the
> local vet and said goodbye. *Before she passed, she gave me some purrs
> and reached out her creamy white paw, just as she had done through the
> cage bars at the Humans Society 17 years ago.
>
> She was an awesome kitty - my first pet while living on my own - and
> hopefully now is a kitten again, playing with Peewee on the RB.
>
> Goodbye Sweet Girl - I love you!
>
> -L.
> (Lyn)

I am so sorry Lyn. I have tears in my eyes as I am reading your
story. It should be on some consolation to know that she lived a long
life and most probably a very good life too.
I had a Mimi too and she was also a tortie. She died in '97 of cancer
at 15. We would like them to live forever, but the years go by so
fast and it seems that their life span is so short!

G.