PDA

View Full Version : Pet euthanasia at home (license or permit required?)

Me[_4_]
May 24th 08, 04:39 AM
Do veterinarians in Ontario (Canada) require a special permit or
license to perform pet euthanisa at home?

dejablues[_4_]
May 24th 08, 05:18 AM
"Me" > wrote in message ...
> Do veterinarians in Ontario (Canada) require a special permit or
> license to perform pet euthanisa at home?

I dunno, do they?
Ask a vet in Ontario.

Me[_4_]
May 24th 08, 05:05 PM
dejablues wrote:

> > Do veterinarians in Ontario (Canada) require a special permit
> > or license to perform pet euthanisa at home?
>
> I dunno, do they?
> Ask a vet in Ontario.

If you don't know, then don't post a smart-ass answer.

cybercat
May 24th 08, 05:25 PM
"Me" > wrote in message ...
> dejablues wrote:
>
>> > Do veterinarians in Ontario (Canada) require a special permit
>> > or license to perform pet euthanisa at home?
>>
>> I dunno, do they?
>> Ask a vet in Ontario.
>
> If you don't know, then don't post a smart-ass answer.

I don't know why they would. Talk to your vet. Mine came to our home, and
they did not even charge me extra.

-mhd[_2_]
May 24th 08, 06:30 PM
Me > wrote:

>Do veterinarians in Ontario (Canada) require a special permit or
>license to perform pet euthanisa at home?

No.

-mhd

Me[_4_]
May 25th 08, 03:31 AM
cybercat wrote:

> I don't know why they would. Talk to your vet. Mine came to our
> home, and they did not even charge me extra.

Do you live in Ontario - Canada?

Me[_4_]
May 25th 08, 03:35 AM
-mhd wrote:

> > Do veterinarians in Ontario (Canada) require a special permit or
> > license to perform pet euthanisa at home?
>
> No.

So what proof or evidence do you have that no such license is required
by the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association?

I will need proof that no such license is required if I confront my
vet who tells me they can't do it because they don't have the license
to do it at home.

Why do you people think I'm asking???

cybercat
May 25th 08, 03:38 AM
"Me" > wrote in message ...
> -mhd wrote:
>
>> > Do veterinarians in Ontario (Canada) require a special permit or
>> > license to perform pet euthanisa at home?
>>
>> No.
>
> So what proof or evidence do you have that no such license is required
> by the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association?
>
> I will need proof that no such license is required if I confront my
> vet who tells me they can't do it because they don't have the license
> to do it at home.
>
> Why do you people think I'm asking???

**** off, you asshole. Find your own proof. Jesus. Entitled much?

cybercat
May 25th 08, 03:39 AM
"Me" > wrote in message ...
> -mhd wrote:
>
>> > Do veterinarians in Ontario (Canada) require a special permit or
>> > license to perform pet euthanisa at home?
>>
>> No.
>
> So what proof or evidence do you have that no such license is required
> by the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association?
>
> I will need proof that no such license is required if I confront my
> vet who tells me they can't do it because they don't have the license
> to do it at home.
>
> Why do you people think I'm asking???

I don't wonder that you have an adversarial relationship with your
vet, asshole. Have you tried calleing the Ontario Veterinary Medical
Association,
moron??

cybercat
May 25th 08, 03:42 AM
"Me" > wrote in message ...
> -mhd wrote:
>
>> > Do veterinarians in Ontario (Canada) require a special permit or
>> > license to perform pet euthanisa at home?
>>
>> No.
>
> So what proof or evidence do you have that no such license is required
> by the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association?
>
> I will need proof that no such license is required if I confront my
> vet who tells me they can't do it because they don't have the license
> to do it at home.
>
> Why do you people think I'm asking???

Here you go:

http://www.ovma.org/

There is a "contact us" section. Most of us don't even live in Canada, you
idiot. Jesus.

dejablues[_4_]
May 25th 08, 03:48 AM
"Me" > wrote in message ...
> -mhd wrote:
>
>> > Do veterinarians in Ontario (Canada) require a special permit or
>> > license to perform pet euthanisa at home?
>>
>> No.
>
> So what proof or evidence do you have that no such license is required
> by the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association?
>
> I will need proof that no such license is required if I confront my
> vet who tells me they can't do it because they don't have the license
> to do it at home.
>
> Why do you people think I'm asking???

Because you're a ****nozzle?
Hopefully you don't really have a pet suffering at home awaiting euthanasia.

cybercat
May 25th 08, 04:16 AM
"dejablues" > wrote in message

>>> No.
>>
>> So what proof or evidence do you have that no such license is required
>> by the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association?
>>
>> I will need proof that no such license is required if I confront my
>> vet who tells me they can't do it because they don't have the license
>> to do it at home.
>>
>> Why do you people think I'm asking???
>
> Because you're a ****nozzle?

****nozzle! That was the word I was looking for. Thanks ...

-mhd[_2_]
May 25th 08, 05:07 AM
Me > wrote:

>-mhd wrote:
>
>> > Do veterinarians in Ontario (Canada) require a special permit or
>> > license to perform pet euthanisa at home?
>>
>> No.
>
>So what proof or evidence do you have that no such license is required
>by the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association?
>
>I will need proof that no such license is required if I confront my
>vet who tells me they can't do it because they don't have the license
>to do it at home.
>
>Why do you people think I'm asking???

You want me to go get the proof you need? Are you some kind of a
****ing idiot or just lazy?

-mhd

Me[_4_]
May 25th 08, 03:13 PM
The ****ing ****-head cybercat spewed:

Go straight to hell you god damn piece of ****.

> I don't wonder that you have an adversarial relationship with
> your vet, asshole.

You know nothing about me nor my relationship with my vet you ignorant
egotistical ass wipe.

> Have you tried calleing the Ontario Veterinary
> Medical Association, moron??

Is there something against the law about posting a question here?

Do you always **** all over people that post questions to usenet you
****-head?

> Most of us don't even live in Canada, you idiot. Jesus.

What an damn stupid thing to say. You obviously know nothing about
usenet or broad-band connectivity on a country-by-country basis.
Canada is one of the most wired countries on the planet.

That's the second time you mentioned Jesus. Must be american.

Another ****-head named dejablues spewed:

> Because you're a ****nozzle?

What slimy rock did you crawl out from under you steaming pile of
horse ****?

> Hopefully you don't really have a pet suffering at home
> awaiting euthanasia.

Suffering - no.

Awaiting euthanasia - yes.

Does that answer your question you ******* jackass?

Outsider
May 25th 08, 04:24 PM
Me > wrote in :

> Go straight to hell you god damn piece of ****.
>

> You know nothing about me nor my relationship with my vet you ignorant
> egotistical ass wipe.
>

> Is there something against the law about posting a question here?
>
> Do you always **** all over people that post questions to usenet you
> ****-head?
>

> What an damn stupid thing to say. You obviously know nothing about
> usenet or broad-band connectivity on a country-by-country basis.
> Canada is one of the most wired countries on the planet.
>
> That's the second time you mentioned Jesus. Must be american.
>

> What slimy rock did you crawl out from under you steaming pile of
> horse ****?
>

> Suffering - no.
>
> Awaiting euthanasia - yes.
>
> Does that answer your question you ******* jackass?

If you spent this much energy making one phone call you would have gotten
the answer to your original question. More to the point would be this:
if you find there is no law forbidding a vet from doing this I doubt you
want the current vet to do it since they seem unwilling for whatever
reason. In that case you would want to call another vet to do it. Are
you willing to do that and if so why not just call another vet and see
what they say?

Andy

Outsider
May 25th 08, 04:29 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in
:

> Folks it is a troll did you not look at the posting
> using the isp aioe.org
>
> all the idiot is trying to do is get you riled up.
>
> If the person can post to a news group using a remailer they can use
> Google in other words troll
>
> Move on

sure, but the fact that you and I seem to have hit our send buttons at the
same instant really has me frightened.

cybercat
May 25th 08, 04:37 PM
"Me" > wrote in message ...
> The ****ing ****-head cybercat spewed:
>
>> **** off, you asshole. Find your own proof. Jesus. Entitled much?
>
> Go straight to hell you god damn piece of ****.
>
>> I don't wonder that you have an adversarial relationship with
>> your vet, asshole.
>
> You know nothing about me nor my relationship with my vet you ignorant
> egotistical ass wipe.
>
>> Have you tried calleing the Ontario Veterinary
>> Medical Association, moron??
>
> Is there something against the law about posting a question here?
>
> Do you always **** all over people that post questions to usenet you
> ****-head?
>
>> Most of us don't even live in Canada, you idiot. Jesus.
>
> What an damn stupid thing to say. You obviously know nothing about
> usenet or broad-band connectivity on a country-by-country basis.
> Canada is one of the most wired countries on the planet.
>
> That's the second time you mentioned Jesus. Must be american.
>
> Another ****-head named dejablues spewed:
>
>> Because you're a ****nozzle?
>
> What slimy rock did you crawl out from under you steaming pile of
> horse ****?
>
>> Hopefully you don't really have a pet suffering at home
>> awaiting euthanasia.
>
> Suffering - no.
>
> Awaiting euthanasia - yes.
>
> Does that answer your question you ******* jackass?

Is that the best you can do?

ahahaha! Lamer.

cybercat
May 25th 08, 04:39 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
> Folks it is a troll did you not look at the posting
> using the isp aioe.org
>
> all the idiot is trying to do is get you riled up.
>
> If the person can post to a news group using a remailer they can use
> Google in other words troll
>
> Move on

Well, Matthew, you know I enjoy a nice profanity fest. :) It's not like I
*always* get emotionally involved.

Upscale
May 25th 08, 06:30 PM
"Me" > wrote in message
> The ****ing ****-head cybercat spewed:
> Go straight to hell you god damn piece of ****.
> You know nothing about me nor my relationship with my vet you ignorant
> egotistical ass wipe.
> Do you always **** all over people that post questions to usenet you
> ****-head?
> That's the second time you mentioned Jesus. Must be american.
> > Because you're a ****nozzle?

> > Hopefully you don't really have a pet suffering at home
> > awaiting euthanasia.

If you really did have a beloved pet at home that was suffering and ready
for euthanasia, you'd do everything possible to get it to a vet and end it's
misery, as difficult as that may be. Obviously, you don't care for your pet
enough. And no, I don't need to *know* you to make that statement. Even if
you were physically unable to get a pet to a vet, you'd arrange for someone
to do it for you.

You waste minutes and maybe hours asking your questions online and waiting
for answers when a two minute phone call to any vet would confirm that they
are licensed to perform euthanasia in the home. All the while your pet is
suffering. What kind of pet owner are you?

Yes, a vet can perform euthanasia in the home if you can get one to visit
you (there are animal emergency services that can perform that action for
you, but it will cost you as compared to a clinic visit) and yes I AM
CANADIAN!

And just as obviously, you are a troll and a crude, ignorant one.

-mhd[_2_]
May 25th 08, 06:59 PM
"Matthew" > wrote:

>Folks it is a troll did you not look at the posting
>using the isp aioe.org

Actually aioe.org is a known free usenet newsgroups server for those
who use news readers and cannot get groups through their ISP. I have
it in my list of servers in my reader so that I can sync incomplete
threads or dropped posts from my main server.

-mhd

dejablues[_4_]
May 26th 08, 02:45 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
> yes but it is a known troll ISP along with the us a of a remailer one can
> conclude TROLL
>
> "-mhd" > wrote in message
> "Matthew" > wrote:
>
>>Folks it is a troll did you not look at the posting
>>using the isp aioe.org
>
> Actually aioe.org is a known free usenet newsgroups server for those
> who use news readers and cannot get groups through their ISP. I have
> it in my list of servers in my reader so that I can sync incomplete
> threads or dropped posts from my main server.
>
> -mhd

I use aioe.org at times. It's not a remailer.

cybercat
May 26th 08, 03:32 AM
"Matthew" > wrote

> I said along with the use of a remailer such as for example as the troll
> is doing
Why do you think he is using a remailer? I see only aiou in his headers.
They don't show IP, so you don't need a remailer.

-mhd[_2_]
May 26th 08, 05:12 AM
"Matthew" > wrote:

>yes but it is a known troll ISP along with the us a of a remailer one can
>conclude TROLL

Its not an ISP. It provide no internet connectivity to households.
It's just an nntp server.

-mhd

-mhd[_2_]
May 26th 08, 05:13 AM
"Matthew" > wrote:

>but neither here nor there the OP is a troll or a POS human being

Well that is a separate issue :)

-mhd

cybercat
May 26th 08, 08:56 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "-mhd" > wrote in message
> "Matthew" > wrote:
>
>>yes but it is a known troll ISP along with the us a of a remailer one can
>>conclude TROLL
>
> Its not an ISP. It provide no internet connectivity to households.
> It's just an nntp server.
>
> -mhd
>
> OK OK YOU WIN TECHNICAL TECHNICAL
>
> your about a bad as cybercat ;-)
Since you smiled when you said that I won't have to hurt you. This time. ;)

Me[_4_]
May 26th 08, 02:56 PM
outsider spewed:

> If you spent this much energy making one phone call you would
> have gotten the answer to your original question.

Why don't you mind your ****ing business.

If you want to **** all over someone, why not dejablues or cybercat.

Why not criticize them for their posts?

> In that case you would want to call another vet to do it.

Look. I know what I can do.

Why am I being crucified for asking such a relavent and on-topic
question for this newsgroup?

You people are so whacked - it's sad.

Outsider
May 26th 08, 04:44 PM
Me > wrote in :

> outsider spewed:
>
>> If you spent this much energy making one phone call you would
>> have gotten the answer to your original question.
>
> Why don't you mind your ****ing business.

Because you asked.

> If you want to **** all over someone, why not dejablues or cybercat.
>
> Why not criticize them for their posts?
>
>> In that case you would want to call another vet to do it.
>
> Look. I know what I can do.
>
> Why am I being crucified for asking such a relavent and on-topic
> question for this newsgroup?
>
> You people are so whacked - it's sad.

You, clearly, need psychiatric help.

cybercat
May 26th 08, 06:02 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> om...
>>
>> "Matthew" > wrote in message

>>> Its not an ISP. It provide no internet connectivity to households.
>>> It's just an nntp server.
>>>
>>> -mhd
>>>
>>> OK OK YOU WIN TECHNICAL TECHNICAL
>>>
>>> your about a bad as cybercat ;-)
>> Since you smiled when you said that I won't have to hurt you. This time.
>> ;)
> Tease me Tease me ;-)

That's what HE said, and look where he is now. :D

cybercat
May 26th 08, 06:46 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> om...
>>
>> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>> om...

>>> Tease me Tease me ;-)
>>>
>> That's what HE said, and look where he is now. :D
> Speaking of Barry how is he doing
I didn't mention Barry. ;)

hamandcheese
May 26th 08, 08:45 PM
"cybercat" > wrote:

>> your about a bad as cybercat ;-)
>Since you smiled when you said that I won't have to hurt you. This time. ;)

Cybercat wants to be the baddest :)

-mhd

cybercat
May 26th 08, 09:07 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> om...
>>
>> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>> om...

>>> Speaking of Barry how is he doing
>> I didn't mention Barry. ;)

> but you did not answer the question

This is true. I think, since Barry is having the good taste to leave Usenet
alone,
I should have the good judgment to respect his privacy. You can always email
him ... :)

cybercat
May 26th 08, 09:07 PM
"hamandcheese" > wrote in message
"cybercat" > wrote:

>> your about a bad as cybercat ;-)
>Since you smiled when you said that I won't have to hurt you. This time. ;)

>>Cybercat wants to be the baddest :)

Hammy! You know me well!

How are your cats? My two girls are fiesty as ever.

hamandcheese
May 27th 08, 12:46 AM
"cybercat" > wrote:

>"hamandcheese" > wrote in message
>"cybercat" > wrote:
>
>>> your about a bad as cybercat ;-)
>>Since you smiled when you said that I won't have to hurt you. This time. ;)
>
>>>Cybercat wants to be the baddest :)
>
>Hammy! You know me well!
>
>How are your cats? My two girls are fiesty as ever.

It's been a bad year losing both my boys within a 6 month period.

Last July 1st was moving day and when the boys were brought over after
the movers had left my 7yr old Gus was let out to explore. I was busy
for a while but about 20 minutes later I decided to see what hiding
place he had found and that's when I found him dead from heart failure
in a closet. He was a very timid former feral and had some health
issues including the occasional seizures in the past year. There was
so many aspects of the new place I was really looking forward to Gus
enjoying such as the really deep slate window sill/ledges that were
just made for cats :)

His buddy Zak (17.5 years tabby) went into rapid renal failure shortly
after and lasted until Dec 28 when I knew it was time to help him move
on. I think he really missed Gus and in fact was lying beside Gus'
body when I found him that day.

So now I have been catless for a few months but it soon will be time
to bring home a rescue. In fact I am volunteering at a humane society
fundraiser this weekend.

-mhd

William Graham
May 27th 08, 01:56 AM
"-mhd" > wrote in message
Me > wrote:

>-mhd wrote:
>
>> > Do veterinarians in Ontario (Canada) require a special permit or
>> > license to perform pet euthanisa at home?
>>
>> No.
>
>So what proof or evidence do you have that no such license is required
>by the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association?
>
>I will need proof that no such license is required if I confront my
>vet who tells me they can't do it because they don't have the license
>to do it at home.
>
>Why do you people think I'm asking???

You want me to go get the proof you need? Are you some kind of a
****ing idiot or just lazy?

-mhd

As far as I know, veterinarians, like MD's can practice anywhere. Why would
they be restricted from practicing their art/science, "at home"? And what
would this mean? - That they are not allowed to sleep where they practice
their medicine? - Or cook there? Exactly how is, "home" defined?

Matilda
May 27th 08, 04:13 AM
"Me" > wrote in message ...
> outsider spewed:
>
>> If you spent this much energy making one phone call you would
>> have gotten the answer to your original question.
>
> Why don't you mind your ****ing business.
>
> If you want to **** all over someone, why not dejablues or cybercat.
>
> Why not criticize them for their posts?
>
>> In that case you would want to call another vet to do it.
>
> Look. I know what I can do.
>
> Why am I being crucified for asking such a relavent and on-topic
> question for this newsgroup?
>
> You people are so whacked - it's sad.

I think it's sad that you didn't approach the OTVMA in the first place
seeing as the majority of people who post here are in the U.S.

Perhaps you're the one who's whacked.

hamandcheese
May 27th 08, 05:21 AM
"Matthew" > wrote:

>I am so sorry for your loss my friend I know how it is losing spirit in
>January. I have been waiting for the gods to drop a few more in my lap.
>Kitten season is almost here so hopefully I can save a few more myself

I'm hoping to find a 3-4 yr old that gives me the "I'm the one"
connection when I make the trip to the shelter some day soon. I
usually got that connection when I wasn't really looking (that's how
Gus came in my life), so I hope I can tell it from the "want them all"
feeling I get :)

-mhd

cybercat
May 27th 08, 06:48 AM
"hamandcheese" > wrote
>It's been a bad year losing both my boys within a 6 month period.

I recall this, but did not recall that these were your only cats. I'm
so sorry this happened, it had to be terrible for you. And Gus was
only 7. Just awful.

>So now I have been catless for a few months but it soon will be time
>to bring home a rescue. In fact I am volunteering at a humane society
>fundraiser this weekend.

M., I sense there are some (just one?) really lucky cats out there
who have no idea how good they are going to have it, shortly.

Please keep us apprised of things, and have a great time. I want
to see photos, too. You are clearly not a man who should remain
catless. ;) And you know two siblings would be fun! To enjoy your
new place with you. I bet you, like me, wish you could take them all.

Upscale
May 27th 08, 10:19 AM
"hamandcheese" > wrote in message
I'm hoping to find a 3-4 yr old that gives me the "I'm the one"
connection when I make the trip to the shelter some day soon.

Why 3-4 years old? Don't feel like going through kitten adventures again?
Either that or you're looking for a cat that is not as readily adoptable as
a kitten and for that I'd commend you.

One of the things I remember most when my girl was little was her snuggling
up and going to sleep on my big stomach. Now that she's big, she can't do it
anymore because she'd just roll off.

hamandcheese
May 27th 08, 03:45 PM
"Upscale" > wrote:

>"hamandcheese" > wrote in message
>I'm hoping to find a 3-4 yr old that gives me the "I'm the one"
>connection when I make the trip to the shelter some day soon.
>
>Why 3-4 years old? Don't feel like going through kitten adventures again?
>Either that or you're looking for a cat that is not as readily adoptable as
>a kitten and for that I'd commend you.

Absolutely. The kittens have a better shot at adoption anyway and its
the older cats who really need the second chance.

-mhd

hamandcheese
May 27th 08, 03:56 PM
"cybercat" > wrote:

>"hamandcheese" > wrote
>>It's been a bad year losing both my boys within a 6 month period.
>
>I recall this, but did not recall that these were your only cats. I'm
>so sorry this happened, it had to be terrible for you. And Gus was
>only 7. Just awful.
>
>>So now I have been catless for a few months but it soon will be time
>>to bring home a rescue. In fact I am volunteering at a humane society
>>fundraiser this weekend.
>

>M., I sense there are some (just one?) really lucky cats out there
> who have no idea how good they are going to have it, shortly.
>
>Please keep us apprised of things, and have a great time. I want
>to see photos, too. You are clearly not a man who should remain
>catless. ;) And you know two siblings would be fun! To enjoy your
>new place with you. I bet you, like me, wish you could take them all.

Oh I'll get a playmate soon enough because no animal should be
separated from his own species for the kid of companionship us humans
just can't give but I think I would like to evaluate any needs or
issues the first one may have before complicating things too much.

-mhd

Ivor Jones[_2_]
May 27th 08, 03:59 PM
In ,
hamandcheese > typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:
: "Upscale" > wrote:
:
: >
: >"hamandcheese" > wrote in message
: >I'm hoping to find a 3-4 yr old that gives me the "I'm the one"
: >connection when I make the trip to the shelter some day soon.
: >
: >Why 3-4 years old? Don't feel like going through kitten adventures
: >again? Either that or you're looking for a cat that is not as
: >readily adoptable as a kitten and for that I'd commend you.
:
: Absolutely. The kittens have a better shot at adoption anyway and its
: the older cats who really need the second chance.

Exactly, but 3-4 is also very young and they are easily adoptable at that
age. It's the oldies (14+) who *really* need a chance.

Ivor

cybercat
May 27th 08, 05:16 PM
"hamandcheese" > wrote

>Oh I'll get a playmate soon enough because no animal should be
>separated from his own species for the kid of companionship us humans
>just can't give but I think I would like to evaluate any needs or
>issues the first one may have before complicating things too much.

Yeah, that's smart. My comments come from watching these siblings
my sister adopted grow up together. They spent much of their
kittenhood entwined in seriously cute sleeping positions. :D

I have never adopted kittens, always grown cats, for the same
reasons many do. I love kittens, though, and wonder what it
would be like to get to know an animal from a baby. It seems
it would be even cooler if you could get siblings and raise them
from babies.

(Still, the most wonderful cat I have ever had I have now--Gracie, adopted
at age 1-2. She is a love bug, but at the same time, still runs from
us as a reflex. It actually makes life kind of fun. We are always
chasing her down and loving her up. :) I say things like, "when I finally
catch you I am going to kiss your little face right off your head. For her
it is a big game, and with my husband, she makes this huge show of
"submission" by jumping up on the bed and slinking down low, then
letting him pet her into a frenzy of purring and lipping her catnip toys.)

Ivor Jones[_2_]
May 27th 08, 07:03 PM
In om,
cybercat > typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:

[snip]

: I have never adopted kittens, always grown cats, for the same
: reasons many do. I love kittens, though, and wonder what it
: would be like to get to know an animal from a baby. It seems
: it would be even cooler if you could get siblings and raise them
: from babies.

At the Cats Protection Adoption Centre where I volunteer, we had a mother
and three newborn kittens handed in the other day. They'd been found in
the street and the kittens were less than a day old, the mum was scared
out of her wits, it was a miracle they survived at all, but survive they
did and mum & babies are now doing well :-)

They won't be with us long, it's kitten season and they go as fast as they
come in..! I do wish more people would look at the oldies, though. They
too have so much love to give.

Ivor

hamandcheese
May 27th 08, 08:28 PM
"Ivor Jones" > wrote:

>Exactly, but 3-4 is also very young and they are easily adoptable at that
>age. It's the oldies (14+) who *really* need a chance.

For me, yes 3-4 is still young but statistically the 3-4 years olds
aren't that adoptable and you rarely see 14 yr olds in a shelter
around here (which makes you wonder why). Just watch the families that
visit to look at the cats and they just walk right past the mature
ones.

Most of the cats that my local HS puts up on their web page are 1 yr
and up to about 4 max so that seems to be the target range they are
pushing. Kittens don't usually seem to need the advertising space.
http://www.kwhumane.com/html/cat_adoptions.asp

-mhd

Upscale
May 27th 08, 09:28 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> it is a big game, and with my husband, she makes this huge show of
> "submission" by jumping up on the bed and slinking down low, then
> letting him pet her into a frenzy of purring and lipping her catnip toys.)

That's what my little girl does. I can be gone five minutes or five hours,
but whenever I come in the door, she comes running up to greet me and does a
long stretch where her stomach almost touches the ground.

cybercat
May 27th 08, 09:49 PM
"Ivor Jones" > wrote

> At the Cats Protection Adoption Centre where I volunteer, we had a mother
> and three newborn kittens handed in the other day. They'd been found in
> the street and the kittens were less than a day old, the mum was scared
> out of her wits, it was a miracle they survived at all, but survive they
> did and mum & babies are now doing well :-)
>
> They won't be with us long, it's kitten season and they go as fast as they
> come in..! I do wish more people would look at the oldies, though. They
> too have so much love to give.

Oh, I know they do. The reason I have not looked at senior cats
when I went to adopt is because when a cat I love dies, I just about
die too. I realize that youth is no guarantee that a cat will live a long
time,
but this is why I have always adopted young adults. Maybe I can change
my thinking to be less selfish. I am glad you brought this up.

-L.
May 28th 08, 08:36 AM
On May 27, 7:45 am, hamandcheese > wrote:

> Absolutely. The kittens have a better shot at adoption anyway and its
> the older cats who really need the second chance.
>
> -mhd

If and when we get another cat(s), I will adopt older cats. Far too
many are killed for lack of homes.
We have long-term plans for a place where we can do rescue. I am
working so that can come to fruition.

-L.

cybercat
May 28th 08, 05:52 PM
"-L." > wrote :

> We have long-term plans for a place where we can do rescue. I am
> working so that can come to fruition.

This is really great. I often think about the allergy situation, and think
how sad this is, because you are such an animal person.

Ivor Jones[_2_]
May 28th 08, 08:56 PM
In ,
Upscale > typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:
: "cybercat" > wrote in message
: > it is a big game, and with my husband, she makes this huge show of
: > "submission" by jumping up on the bed and slinking down low, then
: > letting him pet her into a frenzy of purring and lipping her catnip
: > toys.)
:
: That's what my little girl does. I can be gone five minutes or five
: hours, but whenever I come in the door, she comes running up to greet
: me and does a long stretch where her stomach almost touches the
: ground.

My Missy doesn't have to stretch for her belly to touch the ground ;-)

(Well not much, anyway..!)

Ivor