PDA

View Full Version : Desperately need advice

May 31st 08, 10:59 PM
I posted earlier under "Cat tunnels" and included a link to a product
at Drs. Foster & Smith. It's a mesh tunnel that kitty can be in and
get some outside time, but be safe. Closed on both ends.

My little deaf cat is frantic about trying to get outside, and she's
limber and fast....and determined. I normally put her in the bathroom
when I'm going in and out, but last night we had a near disaster.

A bad storm blew in, huge hail started, and I just wanted to know if
the hail was big enough to gather the cats and head to the basement. I
only opened the door a sliver, and she flew out.

I had to get out in the middle of a storm to try and catch her,
because she's in her own little world and doesn't understand that the
world is dangerous. She's fearless. She was being pelted with hail and
rain, and then the tornado sirens went off. She and I were outside
during the worst of the storm (no actual tornado, but it was bad), and
to her, it was just great fun and adventure. She even thought the hail
and lightning was fun. Just fireworks.

I did finally catch her and brought her back in...we were both covered
in mud and soaked. But it scared the living hell out of me. She was
happy as a clam.

What I want to know, if anyone has experience, is: would getting one
of those tunnels and letting her go outdoors once in awhile - with me
- calm down her need to escape, or would it make her thirst for
outside grow?

She's a rescue and spent her first few months outdoors and apparently
hasn't forgotten the adventure of climbing trees and such. The first
time she escaped, she scaled a tree, then hung there, looking at the
pit bull in the neighbor's yard, over the fence. The pit bull was
going nuts, and she was just enjoying the view. She had no clue he
would have eaten her in one bite.

-Lost
May 31st 08, 11:26 PM
Response to :

<snip>
> What I want to know, if anyone has experience, is: would getting
> one of those tunnels and letting her go outdoors once in awhile -
> with me - calm down her need to escape, or would it make her
> thirst for outside grow?
<snip>

First of all, the storm story was hilarious. I realize you may not
have thought so at the time but I got a kick out of it -- thanks.

Now I (and my family) are extremely green when it comes to being
owned by a cat or two, but I would think that "locking her up"
outside would make her want the outside (that she is still being
denied) that much more.

Then again, it might be enough for her.

Our Gabby tries to venture out every now and again and he acts like
he has never seen grass before. He was probably 6 or so months when
he came to us, and we have had him less than a year now. Could he
truly have forgotten the outside?

I think it has something to do with smells.

I always think of it like this though. The cat tunnel probably is
not a bad idea and if it is not that expensive to boot -- win, win.

Good luck!

P.S. Oh! Of course make sure she is safe.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

cybercat
May 31st 08, 11:42 PM
> wrote in message
>I posted earlier under "Cat tunnels" and included a link to a product
> at Drs. Foster & Smith. It's a mesh tunnel that kitty can be in and
> get some outside time, but be safe. Closed on both ends.
>

> What I want to know, if anyone has experience, is: would getting one
> of those tunnels and letting her go outdoors once in awhile - with me
> - calm down her need to escape, or would it make her thirst for
> outside grow?

Keep her in, get her window seats and such, and get in the habit of
doing something that frightens her every single time you go to an outside
door to open it. If she were not deaf, I would say a coffee can of marbles
standing by the door, bells hanging from the knobs etc. What scares her?
I really don't like the whole idea of using water as aversion therapy. But
startling my cat worked to make her avoid the doors at all times. The
doorbell rings or someone knocks and she runs and hides now.

(Actually, what happened was, the last time she ran out, I was so
terrified due to the busy street out front that I shrieked at her,
"GRACIE, NO! and was instantly in tears." She is such a tuned-in
little cat, she ran around the azaleas and back IN the front door to
see what the hell was wrong with me, and never did it again.)

She still enjoys her window shelves and watching birds and squirrels
from behind screens, she just doesn't want to get out any more. She
was 1-2 years old when we adopted her, is now seven or eight years
old.

It seems mean to scare them, but I cannot face the idea of her getting
hit.

June 1st 08, 12:39 AM
Thanks, both of you, for the replies!

Yes, the story IS hilarious now, though at the time I was nearly
hysterical. Usually the storms scare me and I'm in the basement, but
this was all about getting her back in and my fear was focused. She's
a real pip.

On the scaring....NOTHING scares her except strange men (lol), but I
can't hire men to stand at the door all the time. Pizza guys freak her
out, but I usually put her in the bathroom when I'm expecting pizza.

She does have a setup for birds - I have a regular birdfeeder attached
to the window and she gets finches, cardinals and her favorite:
mourning doves. Then in summer, I add a hummingbird feeder, and she
LOVES those. It's actually a beautiful sight: she and the hummingbirds
communicate. Somehow they realize she can't get them through the
window, and they leave the feeder, go to her eye level and fly in
place, just looking at her. Sometimes they dance around for her. It's
brought me to tears more than once, because it's just spectacular. (I
haven't been able to capture it on film yet...kind of like space
aliens.)

She also has her TV show (which I've posted about)...it's a tape of
birds and squirrels, and she watches it about 5-10 times a day. (And
then screams when it's over, and if I don't hop to and turn it back
on, she goes to the pantry and flings things off the shelf until I
do.)

I once called a pet radio show, when I was trying to figure out ways
to keep her off of certain things, and the vet suggested a pile of
ping pong balls. I've never actually tried that (because the apple bad
taste spray worked somewhat and I've built her some high shelves of
her own - she likes to be high up and survey her queendom)

I don't like the idea of water spray either, and I have this feeling
she'd think it was a game besides. (She's the most unusual little cat)
But maybe putting together a bag of ping pong balls, holding it above
the door, opening the inside door, and then dumping them on her when
she approaches might be worth a try.

The radio vet said to make a pile of balls, and when she jumped on
something, the balls would go flying and I guess scare her. I wondered
if she wouldn't just think it was all a new toy. But I may give this a
try.

This is a cat that puts her mice in my iced tea when I'm not looking.
I've had more than one mouth of toy mouse, and it's not a good taste.
(But funny and sweet)

BTW, I'll come out: I used to hang out a lot on this newsgroup under
the name

J u l s (spaces added for Googling)

I just made up this email to foil a stalker (not cat related) I've got
and don't want to use any names that could be googled.

I don't know who all is still around from the "old days," but I've
seen Phil P and Cat Protector (hi guys!). My first cat when I started
here was sweet boy D m i t r i and then we adopted J a c k from a
woman here who was dying. J a c k is still great..so happy. D passed
away three years ago.

The baby is J a s m i n e, although she's three now. She's still a
baby and so tiny compared to her brother.

I just didn't feel right posting without saying who this was.

June 1st 08, 01:31 AM
> wrote

> The baby is J a s m i n e, although she's three now. She's still a
> baby and so tiny compared to her brother.

Juls, she sounds really neat.

-Lost
June 1st 08, 07:05 AM
Response to :

<snip>

> She does have a setup for birds - I have a regular birdfeeder
> attached to the window and she gets finches, cardinals and her
> favorite: mourning doves. Then in summer, I add a hummingbird
> feeder, and she LOVES those. It's actually a beautiful sight: she
> and the hummingbirds communicate. Somehow they realize she can't
> get them through the window, and they leave the feeder, go to her
> eye level and fly in place, just looking at her. Sometimes they
> dance around for her. It's brought me to tears more than once,
> because it's just spectacular. (I haven't been able to capture it
> on film yet...kind of like space aliens.)

Awwww, that sounded really sweet. I would love to see something like
that.

> She also has her TV show (which I've posted about)...it's a tape
> of birds and squirrels, and she watches it about 5-10 times a day.
> (And then screams when it's over, and if I don't hop to and turn
> it back on, she goes to the pantry and flings things off the shelf
> until I do.)

I do not mean to be rude in the least -- but being deaf, does she
sound different than most cats when she verbalizes?

I am just ignorant on the matter. Thanks.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

June 2nd 08, 12:55 AM
On Jun 1, 1:05 am, "-Lost" > wrote:

> I do not mean to be rude in the least -- but being deaf, does she
> sound different than most cats when she verbalizes?

Not rude at all. Yes, her vocalizations are completely different. I've
read several things on deaf cats, and apparently they nearly always
fall into one of two categories:

1) they rarely or never meow at all
or
2) Like Jas, they have no volume control and everything is out of
whack.

It took her forever to stop screaming when she saw a bird, and
sometimes she still does. But she's much better than she used to be.
Her screams of joy sound like other cats' screams of agony - like
you've stepped on a tail....but they go on and on.

When I first got her, my other cat had a hard time getting used to
that. She'd just be having a good time playing, start screaming, and
he would go running to her, thinking she was hurt. He's used to it
now, but I still don't think he understands she's deaf, because he
occasionally will call her with a toy mouse in his mouth.

And when she's saying "Hi, I need a cuddle," she has this teeny tiny
mew that sounds like a six week old kitten.

The mrrrrp must be inherited, because she does that like other cats.
And she's very sensitive to vibrations. She can feel the toilet flush
from another room (she's fascinated by the toilet and drowns her mice
in it if I leave the top up), and I can get her attention with a heavy
stomp on the floor. She also knows some sign language that I've taught
her, but usually ignores it. (Unless it's the sign for hummingbird)

I've had cats my whole life, and I have to say she's the most unusual
little thing I've ever seen. So many hours of entertainment. LOL.

cybercat
June 2nd 08, 01:21 AM
> wrote
> I've had cats my whole life, and I have to say she's the most unusual
> little thing I've ever seen. So many hours of entertainment. LOL.

I want to see her!

Rene S.
June 2nd 08, 02:55 PM
> What I want to know, if anyone has experience, is: would getting one
> of those tunnels and letting her go outdoors once in awhile - with me
> - calm down her need to escape, or would it make her thirst for
> outside grow?

Because she is deaf, I would never leave her outdoors alone. Honestly
I don't think I would trust my cat to a tunnel. I would probably want
a secure structure or enclosure to keep her safe. Have you thought
about harness training her and taking her out that way?

-Lost
June 2nd 08, 05:32 PM
Response to :

>> I do not mean to be rude in the least -- but being deaf, does she
>> sound different than most cats when she verbalizes?
>
> Not rude at all. Yes, her vocalizations are completely different.
> I've read several things on deaf cats, and apparently they nearly
> always fall into one of two categories:
>
> 1) they rarely or never meow at all
> or
> 2) Like Jas, they have no volume control and everything is out of
> whack.
>
> It took her forever to stop screaming when she saw a bird, and
> sometimes she still does. But she's much better than she used to
> be. Her screams of joy sound like other cats' screams of agony -
> like you've stepped on a tail....but they go on and on.
>
> When I first got her, my other cat had a hard time getting used to
> that. She'd just be having a good time playing, start screaming,
> and he would go running to her, thinking she was hurt. He's used
> to it now, but I still don't think he understands she's deaf,
> because he occasionally will call her with a toy mouse in his
> mouth.
>
> And when she's saying "Hi, I need a cuddle," she has this teeny
> tiny mew that sounds like a six week old kitten.
>
> The mrrrrp must be inherited, because she does that like other
> cats. And she's very sensitive to vibrations. She can feel the
> toilet flush from another room (she's fascinated by the toilet and
> drowns her mice in it if I leave the top up), and I can get her
> attention with a heavy stomp on the floor. She also knows some
> sign language that I've taught her, but usually ignores it.
> (Unless it's the sign for hummingbird)
>
> I've had cats my whole life, and I have to say she's the most
> unusual little thing I've ever seen. So many hours of
> entertainment. LOL.

She sounds like a ridiculously large bundle of fun and unique
attitude. : ) I think you are truly blessed.

I recently watched a documentary called "Hear and Now" [URL:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0912587/ ] and I continually thought how
beautiful they* sounded.

Although at times it was similar to the sound geese or ducks make,
where the vocal chords are so tight they make harmonica'ish noises --
if that makes any sense.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

June 3rd 08, 11:16 PM
On Jun 2, 8:55 am, "Rene S." > wrote:
> > What I want to know, if anyone has experience, is: would getting one
> > of those tunnels and letting her go outdoors once in awhile - with me
> > - calm down her need to escape, or would it make her thirst for
> > outside grow?
>
> Because she is deaf, I would never leave her outdoors alone. Honestly
> I don't think I would trust my cat to a tunnel. I would probably want
> a secure structure or enclosure to keep her safe. Have you thought
> about harness training her and taking her out that way?

Oh no, I would never leave her alone outside. She's a real trickster.
In fact, after I adopted her, the shelter emailed me to tell me that
she can get into places you'd never imagine (and get out of).

This little cat can flatten herself into a pancake and go under the
couch (two inches), or open the silverware drawer, totally flatten and
slither over the silverware to the back of the drawer, then drop down
into the cabinet below. Then she naps and eventually makes her way
out. I've never seen anything like it. That's why I've duct taped all
of the cabinets and drawers now. (And even then....I'm not kidding.)

I did try and get a harness, and it took her about a minute to figure
her way out of it. She's Houdini. That's why I was thinking of
something with a zipper....and with me right there.

June 3rd 08, 11:22 PM
On Jun 2, 11:32 am, "-Lost" > wrote:

> She sounds like a ridiculously large bundle of fun and unique
> attitude. : ) I think you are truly blessed.

I think so, too. My older cat was so depressed when his older brother
died. It was to the point that the vet was considering medication if
he didn't come out of it.

I went to the Pet Smart to get him some food (this was just a couple
of weeks after D died), and they were having a shelter fair. Jas was
out front with a big sign "this cat is deaf." That sign seemed to
scare everyone off.

I thought it was too early to adopt another cat and tried to walk
away, but I could just feel D telling me to turn around and get her.
And I did. Jack came out of his depression and she's been a real joy.
I always feel like she saved him (and me..I was pretty heartbroken
too)

And she just ADORES Jack. (He's crazy about her too, but her side is
pure worship) I feel like D set the whole thing up and he's smiling at
us.

cybercat
June 4th 08, 12:02 AM
> wrote >
> And she just ADORES Jack. (He's crazy about her too, but her side is
> pure worship) I feel like D set the whole thing up and he's smiling at
> us.

So I guess no pictures, eh? :(

June 4th 08, 02:35 AM
On Jun 3, 6:02 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > wrote >
>
> > And she just ADORES Jack. (He's crazy about her too, but her side is
> > pure worship) I feel like D set the whole thing up and he's smiling at
> > us.
>
> So I guess no pictures, eh? :(

Yeah, check your email! I didn't want to post the url on the group
because I've got a slight stalker problem.

As I said in the email, she's very difficult to catch by camera unless
she's sleeping, so many of the pics are her at rest.

I do sing the song "Maria" from Sound of Music to her a lot (by
singing it on her back or tummy....she can't hear, but she feels it,
and when I do the pruh sound, the beginning of "pretty girl" she
immediately begins to purr)

How do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
How do you find a word that means Maria?
A flibbertijibbet! A will-o'-the wisp! A clown!

Many a thing you know you'd like to tell her
Many a thing she ought to understand
But how do you make her stay
And listen to all you say
How do you keep a wave upon the sand

Oh, how do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

When I'm with her I'm confused
Out of focus and bemused
And I never know exactly where I am
Unpredictable as weather
She's as flighty as a feather
She's a darling! She's a demon! She's a lamb!

She'd outpester any pest
Drive a hornet from its nest
She could throw a whirling dervish out of whirl
She is gentle! She is wild!
She's a riddle! She's a child!
She's a headache! She's an angel!
She's a girl!

How do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
How do you find a word that means Maria?
A flibbertijibbet! A will-o'-the wisp! A clown!

Many a thing you know you'd like to tell her
Many a thing she ought to understand
But how do you make her stay
And listen to all you say
How do you keep a wave upon the sand

Oh, how do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

cybercat
June 4th 08, 06:20 AM
> wrote in message
> On Jun 3, 6:02 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> > wrote >
>>
>> > And she just ADORES Jack. (He's crazy about her too, but her side is
>> > pure worship) I feel like D set the whole thing up and he's smiling at
>> > us.
>>
>> So I guess no pictures, eh? :(
>
> Yeah, check your email! I didn't want to post the url on the group
> because I've got a slight stalker problem.
>
> As I said in the email, she's very difficult to catch by camera unless
> she's sleeping, so many of the pics are her at rest.
>
> I do sing the song "Maria" from Sound of Music to her a lot (by
> singing it on her back or tummy....she can't hear, but she feels it,
> and when I do the pruh sound, the beginning of "pretty girl" she
> immediately begins to purr)
>

> How do you solve a problem like Maria?
> How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
> How do you find a word that means Maria?
> A flibbertijibbet! A will-o'-the wisp! A clown!
>
> Many a thing you know you'd like to tell her
> Many a thing she ought to understand
> But how do you make her stay
> And listen to all you say
> How do you keep a wave upon the sand
>
> Oh, how do you solve a problem like Maria?
> How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?
>
> When I'm with her I'm confused
> Out of focus and bemused
> And I never know exactly where I am
> Unpredictable as weather
> She's as flighty as a feather
> She's a darling! She's a demon! She's a lamb!
>
> She'd outpester any pest
> Drive a hornet from its nest
> She could throw a whirling dervish out of whirl
> She is gentle! She is wild!
> She's a riddle! She's a child!
> She's a headache! She's an angel!
> She's a girl!
>
> How do you solve a problem like Maria?
> How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
> How do you find a word that means Maria?
> A flibbertijibbet! A will-o'-the wisp! A clown!
>
> Many a thing you know you'd like to tell her
> Many a thing she ought to understand
> But how do you make her stay
> And listen to all you say
> How do you keep a wave upon the sand
>
> Oh, how do you solve a problem like Maria?
> How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

She is SO beautiful! I believe you may have posted a picture when you first
got her, (in a bathtub) and I save dit she was so beautiful!

I love that you sing to your cats, I do this too! I replace the lyrics with
personalized kitty lyrics, it's very stupid. They seem to enjoy it. :D

June 5th 08, 03:27 AM
On Jun 4, 12:20 am, "cybercat" > wrote:

> She is SO beautiful! I believe you may have posted a picture when you first
> got her, (in a bathtub) and I save dit she was so beautiful!
>
> I love that you sing to your cats, I do this too! I replace the lyrics with
> personalized kitty lyrics, it's very stupid. They seem to enjoy it. :D

Oh, thank you very much. She's literally doing somersaults right now;
I so wish I could capture some of these things on video, but like the
song says, she's a willow the wisp.

Personalized lyrics are never stupid. I sing very weird songs to Jack,
in a deep voice. They don't rhyme, there's no melody, but he enjoys
them. LOL.

Cats rock!

-Lost
June 6th 08, 02:11 PM
Response to "cybercat" >:

<snip "How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria, from The Sound Of
Music>

> She is SO beautiful! I believe you may have posted a picture when
> you first got her, (in a bathtub) and I save dit she was so
> beautiful!
>
> I love that you sing to your cats, I do this too! I replace the
> lyrics with personalized kitty lyrics, it's very stupid. They seem
> to enjoy it.

Although I think I have ****ed you off to the point of kill-filing
me, I just have to say it is not stupid in the least (AND you know
it.) ; )

I sing to Gabby (and now Phat Kat) and it is probably the only time
the crazy ******* is not biting me.*

* Sorry, still finishing up the Sky vodka and Pure cranberry juice.

On another note, I noticed something funny along this line.

I seem to roughhouse with my dogs as if they are midget extreme
wrestlers. With my kitties -- although Gabby is twice as tough as
any dog I let own me -- I treat them like bags of marshmallow fluff.
WTF? *as i pull claws from my calf*

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
June 6th 08, 02:22 PM
Response to :

> Yeah, check your email! I didn't want to post the url on the group
> because I've got a slight stalker problem.

Aawww, please send them to me too. If you have any difficulty
whatsoever let me know and I will e-mail you first.

>> She is SO beautiful! I believe you may have posted a picture when
>> you first got her, (in a bathtub) and I save dit she was so
>> beautiful!
>>
>> I love that you sing to your cats, I do this too! I replace the
>> lyrics with personalized kitty lyrics, it's very stupid. They
>> seem to enjoy it. :D
>
> Oh, thank you very much. She's literally doing somersaults right
> now; I so wish I could capture some of these things on video, but
> like the song says, she's a willow the wisp.

That is why you have to film constantly. I had my spouse use the
camera phone (Pocket PC nonsense?) to capture video whilst I shot
digital snapshots of Phat Kat's and Gabby's antics tonight.

And it was on the spouse's phone that the most AWESOME video was
shot. Phat Kat hissing loudly and Gabby as he got thump, thump,
thumped on his noggin by poor Phat Kat's cauliflower paws*.

* The sad as ****e term I have for Phat Kat's front paws -- which
were shy some toe knuckles when we found him.

> Personalized lyrics are never stupid. I sing very weird songs to
> Jack, in a deep voice. They don't rhyme, there's no melody, but he
> enjoys them. LOL.
>
> Cats rock!

Cats? Who the heck is talking about cats?

Seriously though -- I'd PayPal a few dollars to see your lovely lil'
lass "screaming" as you've put it.

Drunk as hell I sit here tearing up (who am I kidding, crying...) as
I think about how wonderful she must sound and how unique she must
be.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

cybercat
June 6th 08, 05:45 PM
"-Lost" > wrote in message
> Response to "cybercat" >:
>
> <snip "How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria, from The Sound Of
> Music>
>
>> She is SO beautiful! I believe you may have posted a picture when
>> you first got her, (in a bathtub) and I save dit she was so
>> beautiful!
>>
>> I love that you sing to your cats, I do this too! I replace the
>> lyrics with personalized kitty lyrics, it's very stupid. They seem
>> to enjoy it.
>
> Although I think I have ****ed you off to the point of kill-filing
> me, I just have to say it is not stupid in the least (AND you know
> it.) ; )

It's not like I am keeping score.

> I sing to Gabby (and now Phat Kat) and it is probably the only time
> the crazy ******* is not biting me.*
>
> * Sorry, still finishing up the Sky vodka and Pure cranberry juice.
>
> On another note, I noticed something funny along this line.
>
> I seem to roughhouse with my dogs as if they are midget extreme
> wrestlers. With my kitties -- although Gabby is twice as tough as
> any dog I let own me -- I treat them like bags of marshmallow fluff.
> WTF? *as i pull claws from my calf*

Don't do this. Gabby will run all over you. Lavish her with love, but when
she acts out, express your firm and stern diapproval. Loud, sharp, abrupt
noises. No swats, no water squirts. Startle her. It works. And watch out,
because declawed cats tend to become biters and back-claw aggressive.

It is probably Phat Cat who is the one most likely to cause serious injury.

Candace
June 7th 08, 02:13 AM
On May 31, 4:39*pm, wrote:
> [...]
> I've had more than one mouth of toy mouse, and it's not a good taste.
> (But funny and sweet)
>
> BTW, I'll come out: I used to hang out a lot on this newsgroup under
> the name
>
> J u l s (spaces added for Googling)
>
> I just made up this email to foil a stalker (not cat related) I've got
> and don't want to use any names that could be googled.
>
> I don't know who all is still around from the "old days," but I've
> seen Phil P and Cat Protector (hi guys!). My first cat when I started
> here was sweet boy D m i t r i and then we adopted J a c k from a
> woman here who was dying. J a c k is still great..so happy. D passed
> away three years ago.
>
> The baby is J a s m i n e, although she's three now. She's still a
> baby and so tiny compared to her brother.
>
> I just didn't feel right posting without saying who this was.

Hi, J u l s, i remember you and D & J so much.

Candace

-Lost
June 7th 08, 02:38 AM
Response to "cybercat" >:

<snip>

>> I seem to roughhouse with my dogs as if they are midget extreme
>> wrestlers. With my kitties -- although Gabby is twice as tough
>> as any dog I let own me -- I treat them like bags of marshmallow
>> fluff. WTF? *as i pull claws from my calf*
>>

> Don't do this. Gabby will run all over you. Lavish her with love,
> but when she acts out, express your firm and stern diapproval.
> Loud, sharp, abrupt noises. No swats, no water squirts. Startle
> her. It works.

Then I guess I screwed myself on both extremes.

I am not sure if you remember how when we first came to know Gabby, I
roughhoused with him for a couple weeks (less than a month at least)
and then found out that was a MAJOR mistake.

Even after being altered last Christmas the spouse jokes that all of
the testosterone shot into his body at the moment they removed
"them" -- because Gabby is just... wow. Crazy? : P

So anyway, no roughhousing in almost eight months or so and it's like
he remembers everyday that I used to play with him that way.

He thoroughly enjoys love but on his conditions. And when he's done
he lets you know by nipping at you or putting the kitty-claw-bear-hug
on an appendage.

> And watch out, because declawed cats tend to become
> biters and back-claw aggressive.

> It is probably Phat Cat who is the one most likely to cause
> serious injury.

Thanks for that reminder. I had begun to worry because Phat Kat
bites a LOT -- but never hard. I forgot about them compensating.

Thanks for the advice.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
June 7th 08, 02:41 AM
Response to "Matthew" >:

<snip>

> coffee can full of marbles always works great

Heck yeah! I actually use a large ibuprofen bottle or my newest trick
from the trick bag is a Tupperware bowl with little sleigh bells in it.

Gaaaawd it makes such a noise.

Thanks!

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

June 9th 08, 06:18 PM
Hi Candace!!! It's nice to see a familiar name!

June 9th 08, 06:35 PM
On Jun 6, 8:22 am, "-Lost" > wrote:

> Seriously though -- I'd PayPal a few dollars to see your lovely lil'
> lass "screaming" as you've put it.

I emailed you with the url, btw...if you don't get it, let me know.

I have to say I've tried to get a recording of her, I really have.
She's smart, and it seems no matter how busy she is, she's always got
an eye cocked towards me, just in case I open the back door. So the
minute she sees me with any kind of camera or recording device, she
either runs (doesn't like the flash on the regular camera) or tries to
play. (Whatcha got? Whatcha doin? Want some help? Here I am! I'll help
you!)

I think the only way to hear it is to spend time on the phone with me.
LOL. She doesn't like the phone taking attention away from her and
often starts the screaming.

There have been times I've actually had to put her in the bathroom for
a bit, just to finish a conversation. It's that loud. Fortunately,
everyone knows her and gets a kick out of it. She immediately goes to
her bathroom window and goes into her own world, watching the backyard
for birds and squirrels. When I'm off the phone, I open the door, and
she doesn't hear a thing - she's just in her world. I always stomp
before sneaking up on her, though, so I don't startle her.

The hummingbirds are starting to come, and this year, I am so
determined to get a video of the dance between her and the
hummingbirds. I don't know if the beauty of it can translate to video,
but I hope so. It's just so spectacular to see.

cybercat
June 9th 08, 07:31 PM
> wrote>
> I think the only way to hear it is to spend time on the phone with me.
> LOL. She doesn't like the phone taking attention away from her and
> often starts the screaming.

This iss precious. My Gracie will ignore me all day, then suddenly
be all over me if I am on the phone.

> There have been times I've actually had to put her in the bathroom for
> a bit, just to finish a conversation. It's that loud. Fortunately,
> everyone knows her and gets a kick out of it. She immediately goes to
> her bathroom window and goes into her own world, watching the backyard
> for birds and squirrels. When I'm off the phone, I open the door, and
> she doesn't hear a thing - she's just in her world. I always stomp
> before sneaking up on her, though, so I don't startle her.
>
> The hummingbirds are starting to come, and this year, I am so
> determined to get a video of the dance between her and the
> hummingbirds. I don't know if the beauty of it can translate to video,
> but I hope so. It's just so spectacular to see.

I really want to see her!