PDA

View Full Version : ways of getting 3 yr old adult cat in carirer

Gregg
June 7th 08, 02:30 PM
This moring was a chase though my one floor home with some rooms
blocked off, the cat was finally rounded up and put in the cat carier,
but it was hard to do the first time. Any ideas on how to make it
easier on cat owners to get cat in carier? She is a strong and fast
running cat she weights in at 25 lbs

blkcatgal
June 7th 08, 02:47 PM
Wow! Big cat! You could try wrapping your cat in a towel and then putting
the cat and towel into the carrier. A top loading carrier works great too.
But if you don't have a top loader and don't want to invest in one, take
your carrier and set it up so that the door is on top. Then you can drop
your cat into the carrier from the top.

Hope that helps.

S.
---
"Gregg" > wrote in message
> This moring was a chase though my one floor home with some rooms
> blocked off, the cat was finally rounded up and put in the cat carier,
> but it was hard to do the first time. Any ideas on how to make it
> easier on cat owners to get cat in carier? She is a strong and fast
> running cat she weights in at 25 lbs

barb
June 7th 08, 05:39 PM
Leave the carrier out all the time, even put a couple treats there when you
go out. Your cat may not be thrilled to be put in there but at least it
will be less of an ordeal.

Barb

Riannon via CatKB.com
June 7th 08, 07:34 PM
Gregg wrote:
>This moring was a chase though my one floor home with some rooms
>blocked off, the cat was finally rounded up and put in the cat carier,
>but it was hard to do the first time. Any ideas on how to make it
>easier on cat owners to get cat in carier? She is a strong and fast
>running cat she weights in at 25 lbs

I put the carrier up on top of the washer and dryer the night before the
appointment rather than on the floor as the floor is so low and makes it
harder, I find. Also, if they see me bring it out right before the appt,
they'll run and hide. When it's time to go, I pick up my cat and put her in
tail side first; if I try and put her in with her head facing carrier, it's a
lot harder. I also do it really fast before she knows what's happening.

Riannon

Buddy's Mom
June 7th 08, 10:45 PM
Gregg
Get a top loading carrier with a zipper on top for quick closing.
Close all doors to other rooms. Do not put the carrier out until you
are ready to go.

Mac Cool
June 8th 08, 07:22 AM
Gregg:

> She is a strong and fast
> running cat she weights in at 25 lbs

When my cat got that big he outgrew the carrier and I started using a
plastic tub. Set him in and snap on the lid.

Phil P.
June 8th 08, 12:48 PM
"Gregg" > wrote in message
> This moring was a chase though my one floor home with some rooms
> blocked off, the cat was finally rounded up and put in the cat carier,
> but it was hard to do the first time. Any ideas on how to make it
> easier on cat owners to get cat in carier? She is a strong and fast
> running cat she weights in at 25 lbs

Stand the carrier on end and lower the cat into the carrier butt first.

-Lost
June 8th 08, 11:24 PM
Response to Gregg >:

> This moring was a chase though my one floor home with some rooms
> blocked off, the cat was finally rounded up and put in the cat
> carier, but it was hard to do the first time. Any ideas on how to
> make it easier on cat owners to get cat in carier? She is a strong
> and fast running cat she weights in at 25 lbs

Everyone had great advice. blkcatgal, Barb, and Phil P.'s is my chosen
method.

Although in my situation both kitties are kenneled at night (for safety
reasons). The kennels are always visible in the computer room where
they board for the evening.

But always scooping them gently and walking to the room that contains
the kennel while someone else has it on it's arse-end allows a gently
carried kitty to plop right in.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.