PDA

View Full Version : Cat Safe Ink


Cat Protector
June 9th 08, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know of any cat safe ink out there? I'm hoping to capture one of
my cats paw prints and put it on paper.

AZ Nomad[_2_]
June 9th 08, 10:13 PM
On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 10:21:53 -0700, Cat Protector > wrote:
>Does anyone know of any cat safe ink out there? I'm hoping to capture one of
>my cats paw prints and put it on paper.


How about if you simply have kitty sit on a flatbed scanner?
Then use photo editing software to convert to 1 bit black'n'white using a
threshold.

Cat Protector
June 10th 08, 04:38 AM
Her paw print has to be on the document itself.


"AZ Nomad" > wrote in message
...
> On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 10:21:53 -0700, Cat Protector >
> wrote:
>>Does anyone know of any cat safe ink out there? I'm hoping to capture one
>>of
>>my cats paw prints and put it on paper.
>
>
> How about if you simply have kitty sit on a flatbed scanner?
> Then use photo editing software to convert to 1 bit black'n'white using a
> threshold.

AZ Nomad[_2_]
June 10th 08, 06:44 PM
On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 20:38:18 -0700, Cat Protector > wrote:
>Her paw print has to be on the document itself.


>"AZ Nomad" > wrote in message
...
>> On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 10:21:53 -0700, Cat Protector >
>> wrote:
>>>Does anyone know of any cat safe ink out there? I'm hoping to capture one
>>>of
>>>my cats paw prints and put it on paper.
>>
>>
>> How about if you simply have kitty sit on a flatbed scanner?
>> Then use photo editing software to convert to 1 bit black'n'white using a
>> threshold.


Perhaps do a google search for "fingerprint nontoxic ink"

Claude V. Lucas
June 10th 08, 07:07 PM
In article >,
AZ Nomad > wrote:
>On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 20:38:18 -0700, Cat Protector > wrote:
>>Her paw print has to be on the document itself.
>
>
>>"AZ Nomad" > wrote in message
...
>>> On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 10:21:53 -0700, Cat Protector >
>>> wrote:
>>>>Does anyone know of any cat safe ink out there? I'm hoping to capture one
>>>>of
>>>>my cats paw prints and put it on paper.
>>>
>>>
>>> How about if you simply have kitty sit on a flatbed scanner?
>>> Then use photo editing software to convert to 1 bit black'n'white using a
>>> threshold.
>
>
>Perhaps do a google search for "fingerprint nontoxic ink"

Food coloring?

Rene S.
June 10th 08, 08:05 PM
On Jun 9, 12:21*pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> Does anyone know of any cat safe ink out there? I'm hoping to capture one of
> my cats paw prints and put it on paper.

Several companies make stamp pads for kids--non-toxic ink that's
washable. Go to a craft store and look at the stamp pads (or check the
kid's crafts aisle if they aren't there). Second best is a water-based
dye ink pad. You do NOT want to use a pigment pad, StazOn, distress
ink, or the like.

I recently did this, and I recommend having a wet cloth handy to
immediately wash their paws clean. Also, I've found that back paws
give a better impression than the front ones. I scanned in my images
and had a rubber stamp made from a collaberation of both my cats' paws.

Cat Protector
June 11th 08, 03:44 AM
I called my vet today and they suggested a water or soy based ink. They said
once you're done to just wash my cat's paw with water and cat shampoo.

"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
...
> In article >,
> AZ Nomad > wrote:
>>On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 20:38:18 -0700, Cat Protector >
>>wrote:
>>>Her paw print has to be on the document itself.
>>
>>
>>>"AZ Nomad" > wrote in message
...
>>>> On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 10:21:53 -0700, Cat Protector >
>>>> wrote:
>>>>>Does anyone know of any cat safe ink out there? I'm hoping to capture
>>>>>one
>>>>>of
>>>>>my cats paw prints and put it on paper.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> How about if you simply have kitty sit on a flatbed scanner?
>>>> Then use photo editing software to convert to 1 bit black'n'white using
>>>> a
>>>> threshold.
>>
>>
>>Perhaps do a google search for "fingerprint nontoxic ink"
>
> Food coloring?

Rene S.
June 11th 08, 02:40 PM
On Jun 10, 9:44*pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I called my vet today and they suggested a water or soy based ink. They said
> once you're done to just wash my cat's paw with water and cat shampoo.

FYI, if you're going to a discount or craft store, it wil be much
easier to find a water-based ink pad (aka dye ink). I'm a crafter and
don't know of any soy-based pads. Those are used primarily in the
printing/publishing business.