PDA

View Full Version : Feces

James
June 9th 08, 07:01 PM
Should you flush it?

If you put it in the garbage it's probably be preserved by the black
plastic bag and won't decompose.

If you don't wrap it in plastic your fiendly code enforcement officer
will get you.

Claude V. Lucas
June 9th 08, 07:15 PM
In article >,
James > wrote:
>Should you flush it?
>
>If you put it in the garbage it's probably be preserved by the black
>plastic bag and won't decompose.
>
>If you don't wrap it in plastic your fiendly code enforcement officer
>will get you.

Get a dog.

:^)

Seriously, though.

If it's from the litterbox you *don't* want to flush it
unless you are on good terms with a plumber.

I use the plastic bags from the grocery and scoop the
clumps from the litterbox when it needs it and put
that bag in the trash. It'll eventually decompose at
the dump, probably before lots of other things there.

Janet Boss
June 9th 08, 08:28 PM
In article >,
(Claude V. Lucas) wrote:

> If it's from the litterbox you *don't* want to flush it
> unless you are on good terms with a plumber.

It's just feces and much smaller than what a toilet normally gets.
Unless there's a ton of litter stuck to it, flushing is pretty common
and safe.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

Claude V. Lucas
June 9th 08, 08:38 PM
In article >,
Janet Boss > wrote:
>In article >,
> (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
>

>> If it's from the litterbox you *don't* want to flush it
>> unless you are on good terms with a plumber.
>
>It's just feces and much smaller than what a toilet normally gets.
>Unless there's a ton of litter stuck to it, flushing is pretty common
>and safe.

It's *your* plumbing...

Janet Boss
June 9th 08, 08:41 PM
In article >,
(Claude V. Lucas) wrote:

> It's *your* plumbing...

Yes, it is! Cat feces are pretty damn small. The litters I've used
don't stick or are flushable. In 25 continuous years of cat ownership
(and some cohabitation for some years before that), there has never been
any issue at all.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

cybercat
June 9th 08, 08:52 PM
"Janet Boss" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
>

>> It's *your* plumbing...
>
> Yes, it is! Cat feces are pretty damn small. The litters I've used
> don't stick or are flushable. In 25 continuous years of cat ownership
> (and some cohabitation for some years before that), there has never been
> any issue at all.

Are you sure you want to recommend this to people?

Janet Boss
June 9th 08, 08:54 PM
In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

> Are you sure you want to recommend this to people?

Only if they have public sewer service.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

CatNipped[_2_]
June 10th 08, 02:15 PM
"Janet Boss" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "cybercat" > wrote:
>

>> Are you sure you want to recommend this to people?
>
> Only if they have public sewer service.

Some areas of the country, where sewerage is draining into an open water
source, ask people not to flush cat feces because of the danger of
toxoplasmosis and the danger that poses for pregnant women.

Hugs,

CatNipped